What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd21 2024: Eels v Storm GAME DAY THREAD @ Commbank Stadium July 26th

Pazza

First Grade
i liked what i saw out of dan keir, moves fast in defense, keen to tackle. looks like he played in the middle and would be a good foil for our big boys. Would like to see him play on an edge for a bit. Lane isnt an 80 mins player and that left edge really struggled late vs melbs. Asi is also a shocking defender so im not putting it all on Lane.

There was a period in the game where melbs was cutting us up through the middle and then we had Joe O, Morretti and Keir in the middle. the smallest fastest group of middles we have had for a long time and that middle was a lot less leaky.

We need more balance in our pack, the way BA had it constructed, it was all about ball in hand and no interest in hard work. Hopefully Ryles can sprinkle in some tough hard workers with some of our big boys.

TheParraboy

Staff member
Lane is here till end of 2026

Reckon Ryles will get him fit and put him on notice first 10 rounds next year

Lets face it, 2025 we are gonna have almost the same cattle, he will give a lot of them an opportunity to perform. If Lane can get to some good consistent form, thats one quality edge forward secured for around 400-450k per year. Of course he could be asked to shop himself around before Origin next year if he plods

2026 will be more the roster Ryles wants, more so in 2027

Pazza

First Grade
Lane is here till end of 2026

Reckon Ryles will get him fit and put him on notice first 10 rounds next year

Lets face it, 2025 we are gonna have almost the same cattle, he will give a lot of them an opportunity to perform. If Lane can get to some good consistent form, thats one quality edge forward secured for around 400-450k per year. Of course he could be asked to shop himself around before Origin next year if he plods

2026 will be more the roster Ryles wants, more so in 2027

Lanes not a bad player hes just asked to do things hes not suited to at this point of his career. Hes not an 80 min player anymore and he cant take those crash balls. use him accordingly and he is a serviceable first grader.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
It’s the first game in years I haven’t fully watched. I saw the first half at the pub with a bunch of people who don’t give a shit about rugby league. I left at halftime and just followed score updates for the second half.

Eelogical

Referee
So, who's running the Eels team? Is JR pulling any strings in the background yet? Has TB just become a puppet as leader of the free Eels in name only? It's getting super exciting!!!!

Suitman

Post Whore
So, who's running the Eels team? Is JR pulling any strings in the background yet? Has TB just become a puppet as leader of the free Eels in name only? It's getting super exciting!!!!

JR will have nothing to do with current coaching but he sure will be working behind the scenes to ensure that he will be starting off on the front foot come 2025.

Noise

Coach
Ryles has nothing to do with coaching of the team this year. It’s all Barrett for the remainder. Ryles planning and preparing for 2025.