What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd21: Parra v Titans GAME DAY thread 4/8/18

Kornstar

Coach
I don't know about "not allowed", but there is no question as to the NRL's encouragement of the deal at the Tits.

I know it’s all conspiracy theorist shit but i wouldn’t trust Greenberg with anything.

Brad Arthur also said some stuff that made me fell like we were luke warm about getting him back. Things like "we are pretty set at his position" (he meant French).

He has to say that, can’t piss all your players off.

The whole thing was very dodgy if you ask me. The press conference he held didn’t sound like he wanted to be going to the Titans to me......

Bandwagon

Staff member
Well we need him to be because we are shit when he isn't involved so why don't we have a looks see if he can do more by playing him at fullback, at least when we are in the opposition half..

Do we need him to though? There are 17 blokes out there. Perhaps what we need is more from some of those guys so as Hayne gets to do what he does best.

One thing you miss when Hayne is at centre or on the wing is his passing game. He has the best vision and the best long pass at our club by miles.

Again that's not necessarily the case, as evidenced by where he has been named in the last few weeks, and his performances in and out of those positions.

The only proviso is that he has license to go chasing the ball, which regardless of whether we are swapping "positions' or not he has been.

strider

Post Whore
I think it’s because of how deep they get. They are the best team to watch in the NRL Imo
yeah I meant to say that too .... their runners are deep - and they look like genunine options ... our decoys are often so flat there is no way they can be passed to

strider

Post Whore
Brad Arthur also said some stuff that made me fell like we were luke warm about getting him back. Things like "we are pretty set at his position" (he meant French).
I actually think BA was dead keen to get him back .... i remember BA saying some stuff sbout how hayne stayed in 2014 for him rather than go to NFL a year earlier - felt like BA wanted to return the favour

strider

Post Whore
I know it’s all conspiracy theorist shit but i wouldn’t trust Greenberg with anything.

He has to say that, can’t piss all your players off.

The whole thing was very dodgy if you ask me. The press conference he held didn’t sound like he wanted to be going to the Titans to me......
conspiracy theories my ass .... it was as dodgy as f**k ... period!!!

nrl wanted to make the tits look good to sell them .... we didn't have the ready cash to make a big play ... jarryd got ambushed - AMBUSHED I say!! - turned up for a chat, NRL got his "consultant" (not agent/manager) to get it done and make the bad times go away

Kornstar

Coach
conspiracy theories my ass .... it was as dodgy as f**k ... period!!!

nrl wanted to make the tits look good to sell them .... we didn't have the ready cash to make a big play ... jarryd got ambushed - AMBUSHED I say!! - turned up for a chat, NRL got his "consultant" (not agent/manager) to get it done and make the bad times go away

His play this year compared to the year and a half previous are pretty telling too.

He still looks silky as f**k with us where with the Titans that silkiness was nowhere to been seen.

Some of his touches this year have been 2009 to 2014 standard!

T-Boon

Coach
I like Hayne on the wing inside our own half he has looked threatening there a few times (dropped one pass yesterday which if he took could have found some space).
He should switch with Gutherson occasionally inside our own half and all the time when the set starts inside the opponent half.

lingard

Coach
I would play Hayne at fullback in attack.

That is the only certainty. It complicates things a bit because what do we then do with Guth who I love as a player especially at fullback.

I would probably look at Gutherson as centre.

So:

1. Hayne
2. Jennings
3. Gutherson
4. Jennings
5. French
6. Norman
7. Moses

1 Hayne
2 Jennings
3 Gutherson
4 Jennings
5 Ferguson.

Looks okay. Maybe Ferguson fullback, Hayne wing.

forward pass

Coach
so what do we all think about Salmon, was that an impressive debut or what ?

Yes - impressive debut - catchy theme, different, good participation from all the players, enthusiastic response, much better than the old song. He did well.

IFR33K

Coach
1 Hayne
2 Jennings
3 Gutherson
4 Jennings
5 Ferguson.

Looks okay. Maybe Ferguson fullback, Hayne wing.

Gutherson looked good on Saturday. I’d still persevere with him there. Hopefully he’ll finish the season strong and have a great off season putting the knee reco behind him.

Gronk

Staff member

Wow there are some merkins on there. TBH I searched a big noter uncle of mine. His name did not come up. I don’t know about fraudulently wearing medals, but FMD he spins shit. My recollection from family stories is that he embellishes his time in the Naval Reserves so that dumb merkins think he is a war hero. Very punchable. At family funerals the fat prick turns up in his whites.