What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd22 2024: Non Parra games

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Disagree. There are nuffies in all industries. No industry is immune and that includes those involved in rugby league.
It’s not the industry, it’s the position. Obviously there are poor performing players, coaches and administrators. But these merkins don’t rise to the top.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
He wouldn't be if I had my way 12 months ago... He was exactly what we needed... But we were happy to wait for the next batch of Rhinos to come through... Apparently they were going to be the next big things and our saviours until they did their ACL's....
We already have a winger who scores plenty of tries and makes f**k all metres. Lomax is the type of winger we need on the other side of the field, not AKP.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
We're trying to get rid of Sivo... Tells you everything you need to know.
Scoring heaps of tries isn’t enough?
AKP would have been a lot less under the cap than Sivo IMO....
I doubt it’s a lot less, if at all. Sivo has proven his ability as a finisher over a much larger sample than AKP, but don’t rule out the desperate Titans paying for potential when they extended him after almost a try per game in April last year. He’d be on at least $400k but who knows with the Titans.

Incorrect

Coach
Scoring heaps of tries isn’t enough?
Sivo scoring tries is great... But getting himself suspended regularly because he can't seem to grasp the idea that you're not allowed to attack the head of opponents when defending makes him a liability. And the elbow in the Manly game earlier this year was another bone headed play by a bloke who should know a lot better by now.

Soto

Bench
There is no doubt that Sivo scores tries that AKP doesn't and the other way around.
However Sivo being suspended, injury prone and reluctant or lazy to do the grunt work says everything about attitude, culture and standards which had become acceptable..yep u guessed it mediocrity.
AKP over Sivo everyday of the week.
You can't beat speed and footy smarts.

Soto

Bench
Barrett may be able to choose where he wants to coach next yr..
If he wants to stay in NSW then Knights job may be available
If he wants a job in Qld then the Gronkos job may be available
Both coaches in big trouble.
Be great to see the knoughts go on a run starting today...

Noise

Coach
Barrett may be able to choose where he wants to coach next yr..
If he wants to stay in NSW then Knights job may be available
If he wants a job in Qld then the Gronkos job may be available
Both coaches in big trouble.
Be great to see the knoughts go on a run starting today...
Barrett isn’t getting a head coach gig ever again.

Soto

Bench
Barrett isn’t getting a head coach gig ever again.
I think he will. I think he's shown good maturity and character...
There's also 3 extra teams to come into the comp soon. The likes of Bellamy and Bennett will be gone in the next 3 yrs as well.
Coaches in waiting will be
Sam Burgess
Dean Young
Jason Demetriou
Josh Hannay
Trent Barrett
and One Brad Arthur..assistants Jake and Matt

Noise

Coach
I think he will. I think he's shown good maturity and character...
There's also 3 extra teams to come into the comp soon. The likes of Bellamy and Bennett will be gone in the next 3 yrs as well.
Coaches in waiting will be
Sam Burgess
Dean Young
Jason Demetriou
Josh Hannay
Trent Barrett
and One Brad Arthur..assistants Jake and Matt
Yea he’s mature and a good bloke. But his coaching record is dog shit across 3 teams. Kearney-esque.

Soto

Bench
Yea he’s mature and a good bloke. But his coaching record is dog shit across 3 teams. Kearney-esque.
It is I agree and I was never a fan...but I think he's improved.
His roster at dogs and with us has been terrible.
I think he's a better coach now with experience in the role.
Remains to be seen but I think he has a lot to offer going forward for any club

Noise

Coach
It is I agree and I was never a fan...but I think he's improved.
His roster at dogs and with us has been terrible.
I think he's a better coach now with experience in the role.
Remains to be seen but I think he has a lot to offer going forward for any club
His best chance is to go to the Uk and do well coaching over there. Even if he does, I still don’t reckon he will get a 4th shot as a head coach back here.

Incorrect

Coach
His best chance is to go to the Uk and do well coaching over there. Even if he does, I still don’t reckon he will get a 4th shot as a head coach back here.
Was going to post something similar Re the UK, but a twice sacked and once overlooked head coach probably isn't an overly attractive target even for a Super League club.... He'll be lucky to get another shot any time soon I'd think...

Last edited:

Latest posts