What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd22 Parra v Manly GAME DAY THREAD @ Sunshine Coast Stadium 14/8/21

hindy111

Post Whore
Since last season me and friends have said Parra need speed in the backline. I harp on about it on here also.
Why did we go out and re-sign Sivo and Opacic? The coach had plenty of time to work out you need speed more now as Pou suggests. He is probably right that you can not hide slow players as easily now but I also call bullshit on this cause Speed in the NRL has always been important. Its why Slater,JAC,Vunavalu made the Storm so potent. A quick back 3.

eel01s

Bench
Honest question, what was the difference between that and the tackle on Waqa a couple of weeks ago?

Both shoulders to the head, players knocked out and one didn't even get a penalty and the other is a send off?

I don't get it?
Interesting, isn't it? Some teams get away with it (see Cleary and his shoulder charge) others instantly cop it. Not sure how Matto was totally at fault there given how low Parker was at point of impact. He was doing a Tedesco. Yes he got him high but there was zero intent.

eel01s

Bench
If Sivo gets another game for us I’m done with this team for 2021.
Have to agree. Some of his "chases" after a kick was put in were disgraceful. He is lazy and has zero footy IQ.

Why the f**k was he re-signed? Same with Nathan Brown!

Bandwagon

Staff member
My thoughts, a bit cloudy this morning as the fridge is a tad emptier than it was at kick off.

I don't think Arthurs has "lost the dressing room", this rot started pretty much with the move to Queensland, sure we beat the Titans first week, but since then we've really played poorly. A bloke who's been coach for eight years, has the squad up for so much of the season, with much of the same squad, and importantly the leadership group, doesn't just lose the dressing room over the course of four weeks.

That happens over time, where's the rumblings from the players through the season? If they were there, remembering this is Parra, they'd have been in the press, yet nothing.

Rather I think we've failed to adapt to the change, whether it be adjusting to living away, playing in warmer conditions with faster tracks week in week out, or whatever else it is, and that's exacerbated the issues that were already there, the lack of speed, no consistency in our outside backs, and the general lack of fluidity in our attack.

Chuck on the resulting form loss, the pressures that come along with that, and we get last night, players going through the motions with out their head being in the game. Basically we're f**king cooked at the moment, and it's gonna take some kind of massive effort to turn that around in the short space of time we have.

Before any merkin comes back with "but other teams are dealing with it ", don't f**king bother, that's obvious, fact is some will deal with it better than others. That's life. Some clubs will handle the whole thing better, right across the board, not just the players, but the associated staff as well.

Anyways just my thoughts, could be way off, by I don't think I am. Why we haven't handled it better, I don't know.

Bandwagon

Staff member
Interesting, isn't it? Some teams get away with it (see Cleary and his shoulder charge) others instantly cop it. Not sure how Matto was totally at fault there given how low Parker was at point of impact. He was doing a Tedesco. Yes he got him high but there was zero intent.

Matto drops his body there, there's no push up through the legs, it's all push forward into the tackle. TBH I don't reckon he did much wrong at all, it just went wrong, the result dictates the offence and the punishment in this kind of thing

hindy111

Post Whore
Have to agree. Some of his "chases" after a kick was put in were disgraceful. He is lazy and has zero footy IQ.

Why the f**k was he re-signed? Same with Nathan Brown!

I called this on both earlier in season. N.Brown however is still a quality NRL player. He is just now on overs. Not worse thing in world. Costing maybe 150k more then should. He does have energy. Sivo would of cost 350k+ And is a reserve grader.

hindy111

Post Whore
We've copped 124 points in 3 games.
Scored a 4 what I would say are soft consolation tries. If game was online we maybe score 2 of them

hindy111

Post Whore
My thoughts, a bit cloudy this morning as the fridge is a tad emptier than it was at kick off.

I don't think Arthurs has "lost the dressing room", this rot started pretty much with the move to Queensland, sure we beat the Titans first week, but since then we've really played poorly. A bloke who's been coach for eight years, has the squad up for so much of the season, with much of the same squad, and importantly the leadership group, doesn't just lose the dressing room over the course of four weeks.

That happens over time, where's the rumblings from the players through the season? If they were there, remembering this is Parra, they'd have been in the press, yet nothing.

Rather I think we've failed to adapt to the change, whether it be adjusting to living away, playing in warmer conditions with faster tracks week in week out, or whatever else it is, and that's exacerbated the issues that were already there, the lack of speed, no consistency in our outside backs, and the general lack of fluidity in our attack.

Chuck on the resulting form loss, the pressures that come along with that, and we get last night, players going through the motions with out their head being in the game. Basically we're f**king cooked at the moment, and it's gonna take some kind of massive effort to turn that around in the short space of time we have.

Before any merkin comes back with "but other teams are dealing with it ", don't f**king bother, that's obvious, fact is some will deal with it better than others. That's life. Some clubs will handle the whole thing better, right across the board, not just the players, but the associated staff as well.

Anyways just my thoughts, could be way off, by I don't think I am. Why we haven't handled it better, I don't know.

Same happpend when we played Manly and Souths last time in Sydney earlier in year. We got roasted.
Squad has floors. So does coach. I'd cop a 24-12 loss. We are getting beaten worse then what the Dogs side would. The scoreline and fight is the issue.
If Qld is the problem then we have a squad of mentally weak guys who need all conditions so suit to perform. What does this say?

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Sivo is one of the laziest Parra players to ever pull on a boot, and he’s never been dropped. Ever!!

No accountability whatsoever at this club, the standards are embarrassing. The press conference said it all, he shuffles on in unshaven, unkept looking like a homeless bum off the street with absolutely no answers at all. It’s all absolutely pitiful, if the club don’t part ways with him ASAP they should go as well.

Tooooks

Bench
Same happpend when we played Manly and Souths last time in Sydney earlier in year. We got roasted.
Squad has floors. So does coach. I'd cop a 24-12 loss. We are getting beaten worse then what the Dogs side would. The scoreline and fight is the issue.
If Qld is the problem then we have a squad of mentally weak guys who need all conditions so suit to perform. What does this say?
Exactly. These blokes have no resilience, no fight, and based on the last three weeks no pride in the jersey.

hindy111

Post Whore
Id throw the Rest of season in. Have a rest for 2 weeks to freshen up and then see if we can get our heads together for finals. 6th,7th, makes little difference.

hindy111

Post Whore
Sivo is one of the laziest Parra players to ever pull on a boot, and he’s never been dropped. Ever!!

No accountability whatsoever at this club, the standards are embarrassing. The press conference said it all, he shuffles on in unshaven, unkept looking like a homeless bum off the street with absolutely no answers at all. It’s all absolutely pitiful, if the club don’t part ways with him ASAP they should go as well.

He was given an upgrade and extension.

Avenger

Immortal

He never came across as articulate. His front loading horse shit comments prove that what he says has no meaning. He just gives dopey motherhood statements and I’ve had a gutful.

King-Gutho94

Coach

The issues only surfaced once a certain backup half was picked out of his depth. And that halfback was the coaches son. You cant tell me there would be frustration running out with someone who is clearly not ready or good enough when there were better options to get us through that fortnight.

Its only human nature to be pissed off even if they won't admit it publically as there not going to front the coach and say your son is useless and shouldnt be playing.

BA dug his own grave 3 games was enough this year for JA to learn get stronger over the offseason and another 12 months of football will be better player. Instead throw him to the wolves with a top 4 spot on the lins

Hindsight is a wonderful thing we win those 2 games against the raiders and roosters our confidence isnt gone and we may not be in the mess right now.

Avenger

Immortal
And when he says he will turn it around he sounds like a naughty child that says he won’t do it again after a smack.

King-Gutho94

Coach
I called this on both earlier in season. N.Brown however is still a quality NRL player. He is just now on overs. Not worse thing in world. Costing maybe 150k more then should. He does have energy. Sivo would of cost 350k+ And is a reserve grader.

Hasnt been any energy from Nbrown since he signed his contract. Petrol has run out