What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd23 2024: 8pm Eels v Panthers GAME DAY THREAD @ Commbank Stadium Aug 9th

EelEtric

Juniors
I guess that all comes down to the individual on how they process the loss. I never thought we were safe. Certainly should’ve held on to the win, but I’ve seen this movie too many times before. Ultimately I don’t really care at this point. Decent effort. Roll on 2025.
Same. Told my mates all through the game that we would lose it because that's what we do this year. We were all hoping to keep them to within 20 points of us and to lose by only 2 at the death is a lot better performance than I expected.

EelsFan05

Bench
I was getting Hindys 300th flashbacks at Penrith, when they threw the ball around at the end to score. Is there a team in the comp that delivers heartbreak like the Eels?

The Predictor

Juniors
Same. Told my mates all through the game that we would lose it because that's what we do this year. We were all hoping to keep them to within 20 points of us and to lose by only 2 at the death is a lot better performance than I expected.
Parra are renowned for choking, it ain’t just this year, I was there and let myself to dare to dream, just a little, but deep down I knew what was coming, to everyone who thinks there is potential in this team….think again mentally they are too far gone, I personally take no solace from this game, only heartache, best to come to terms this club will never achieve anything of note ever again, I’ve followed them since 76 so I am no fair weather fan, just resigned to the inevitable

He’s one bloke we don’t want with a PO.
Andy Samberg Flip Flops GIF

But what if the PO (supposedly) reduced the cost of the contract (as you seem to always claim) that we're wasting on the declined benchwarmer?

Matty Bhoy

Juniors
Barrett gave it to bunker and NRL tonight

BA rolled over like a coward for 11 years worrying about his $$$.

Did BA ever give it to the officials during his tenure.

Barrett showed more balls tonight at the presser then what BA did in 11 years.
Just watched the presser there. Baz spoke really well and didn’t mince his words. Neither did Gutho. Baz has really grown on me during this tough run.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Just watched the presser there. Baz spoke really well and didn’t mince his words. Neither did Gutho. Baz has really grown on me during this tough run.
That's the thing that pissed me off with BA.

Round 2 this year was a perfect example we copped a raw deal and BA just shrugged it off as its footy

That was the time to rip in.

Bailey got knocked out after 90 seconds and we were down to 16.

No sin bin for Luai but BA never said anything so it was a fine from an NRL perspective no one brought it to any attention

Luai shot on Simmonson was sin bin worthy at a minimum

And has anyone remember his trip on Moses no fine or suspension because BA said SFA at the presser.

Soto

Bench
Barrett gave it to bunker and NRL tonight

BA rolled over like a coward for 11 years worrying about his $$$.

Did BA ever give it to the officials during his tenure.

Barrett showed more balls tonight at the presser then what BA did in 11 years.
Because he wasn't used to the bunker being a bush coach

The Predictor

Juniors
We’ll time to reflect on the drive home
Disappointed not devastated

Smart teams take advantage of obvious weakness.

The 3 players with ordinary defence were line up on our left edge, Brown moving to the right steadied that side

Asi is hopeless at reading the opposition attack, Talagi can’t defend other than front on and not enough pace to chase across or back. Tago p is possibly the slowest winger playing NRL, so that last 10 minutes showed as the Riff spread the ball even inside their 10 metre line to expose that side.

Gutho didn’t deserve to be on the losing side but watching miss for the same position agst the Tigers, perhaps should have taken the tap,to try and win the game.

Hands, Matterson and Gutho were very good, Wiremu Grieg was nothing spewcial and was surprised when he came back on.

Would have been happy with a 2 point loss if told that would be the result prior to the game, not pleased with the way it went down.There’s a good team there but guess the 10 or so players missing from the top 26 couldn’t be covered.

A few tweaks and some speed will help , and the promotion of some younger players into the back end of the 30 and development deals is crucial.
Not when leading by 14 with 8 minutes to go surely?

PARRA_FAN

Coach
I was getting Hindys 300th flashbacks at Penrith, when they threw the ball around at the end to score. Is there a team in the comp that delivers heartbreak like the Eels?

Arrgh that one and the other one I think back in 2016 where we led by 2 with seconds to go, they throw it around put a kick up and we fail to defend it, Mansour scores in the corner.

Latest posts