What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd25 2024: 8pm Eels v Broncos GAME DAY THREAD @ Suncorp Aug 23rd

Zoso

Juniors
Asi has actually outplayed Dylbro in attack. I would be keeping him as backup..
Yes kicking on the 3rd is dumb but where is the captain and the coach to go kick on the 3rd again I will snap ur legs? Unless it was a team tactic...
This season cannot end quick enough.
Playing effectively a 2 man bench Is also ridiculous...
Keir and Makatoa.
Tago no minutes and x factor Lussick.
Shaking my fkn head...
Massive cleanout required...blow the place up and start again
Agree with comments about Asi. Some dumb play.
We sort of are blowing the place up…new coaching set up, Lomax and Iongi coming, with RCG going we might have the cap space to fix some of the bench issues you identified.
If we move on Sivo, as has been rumored we’d like to do, sign a replacement and a couple of forwards with Reg’s money, all of a sudden we’re a very different team.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I don't think we have defended well since Brian Smith was coach.

How many times in 10 years did we concede 40 let alone 50 under Brian.

Wasnt that many
I remember that game in 2005 at Baldcorp when we were down 40 nil at half time. Tough game that one, thank f**k they didn't have that stupid song back then.

I was throwing empties at that that stupid horse.

King-Gutho94

Coach
I remember that game in 2005 at Baldcorp when we were down 40 nil at half time. Tough game that one, thank f**k they didn't have that stupid song back then.

I was throwing empties at that that stupid horse.
Haha yeah that's sort of the forgetting game from that season.

I guess we should have seen the 2005 prelim disaster coming.

Our season ended in Round 6 when we conceded 50.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Blaize has a shit attitude. You can tell with his lack of urgency when players get around him or he misses a tackle. Continually stuck in the mud. The kid is a sook.
Your right the kid has had smoke blown up his arse since he was 15.

Having Issac Moses as well probably hasn't harmed the Ego either as he has probably sold him the fact he is a 500k a season player already.

We would have overspent on him and stuffed out cap for the next 3 years if we paid him what he wanted.

It's probably a blessing for both parties he goes to Penrith to sort himself out.

Thank f**k for PO's

Soto

Bench
Your right the kid has had smoke blown up his arse since he was 15.

Having Issac Moses as well probably hasn't harmed the Ego either as he has probably sold him the fact he is a 500k a season player already.

We would have overspent on him and stuffed out cap for the next 3 years if we paid him what he wanted.

It's probably a blessing for both parties he goes to Penrith to sort himself out.

Thank f**k for PO's
I've never seen a less committed turn and chase from a turncoat...wtf. he gets brushed aside and instead of trying to make up for the eff up he trundles back with little to no effort.
So Saturdays game against Dragqueens is effectively a free kick to pick the team and work on what you need to for the Grand Final against the tuggers.
Despite what people's opinions were of Harper earlier in the year (and don't think he was terrible) he needs to come into left centre.
For the Tigers game I would be if in charge taking the team into camp...not kidding.
Treat this like a GF and all energy and focus needs to be on winning that game...go into camp from Wed 4/09 and
make sure they have 17/18 committed players who are hellbent on winning the game.

hindy111

Post Whore
So you’re saying Panthers have never made a mistake…much like BA.

Analysing talented kids against kids isn’t a reliable source of future ability. I have rarely seen a 19-20 year old more out of his depth in defence in first grade and rumour has it he has the 5/8 role next year. Granted he’ll be covered better in that structure but I can sure as shit guarantee you EVERY team will be throwing their entire attack down his side next year. He may turn out ok but for the next few years (which is his next contract) he’ll be a liability.

They extended Tago but for an extra 150k could of had Crighton. Huge blunder.
Unless Tago turns things around he looks just average currently.

Generally their recruiting has been for low profile players. Garner,Alamoti,Sorenson,Capewell,Eisenhuth etc.

I still think Blaize is a talent.He will bulk up. Still has a little boys body and should of been in NRL untill 2025 at earliest.
If he was thrown into their side now he'd look far better then in our side that has defensive issues all over park.

I'd reserve judgement on him for the moment. He looks a bit slow to be a star time will tell.

hindy111

Post Whore
He is currently in a horrible system. Forced into numerous one on one situations. This won't happen at Penrith. He will be supported defensively left and right. It's called coaching defence and sadly we've had fu*k all of that for years.

He will put on muscle. With that he will be stronger and more confident.
Moses was a randomly. Not only did he become an ok defender he become one of the best defending halves. That was after 5yrs of being one of the worse

Soto

Bench
Should move tago to the wing with Russell in the centres for next week.

Just don't see the point in playing Blaize
That or Harper into centre.
Harper I think was unjustifiably crucified at times.
One thing's for sure, Blaize should not be picked...Barrett do not fkn pick Blaize

hindy111

Post Whore
I understand the Dylan hate. He so often just runs. But Ive seen him throw some great passes. Half the time tho nothing's on. There is no overlap or players in notion and just no space. His weaposn - 2nd rowers,Centre's,Wing offer zero threat and don't scare the opposition. Most the time his only.option is to tuck the ball under arm.amd run. That or give a hospital pass.
Right now he does offer next to nothing. But I want to see him when he has a fast fullback who runs into holes. A strike centre and a 2nd rower who busts tackles plus a winger with speed. When you have that defense has to male decisions and that then will give Dylan options. Right now he has a fullback as slow as a turtle and it just doesn't threaten anyone

Soto

Bench
I understand the Dylan hate. He so often just runs. But Ive seen him throw some great passes. Half the time tho nothing's on. There is no overlap or players in notion and just no space. His weaposn - 2nd rowers,Centre's,Wing offer zero threat and don't scare the opposition. Most the time his only.option is to tuck the ball under arm.amd run. That or give a hospital pass.
Right now he does offer next to nothing. But I want to see him when he has a fast fullback who runs into holes. A strike centre and a 2nd rower who busts tackles plus a winger with speed. When you have that defense has to male decisions and that then will give Dylan options. Right now he has a fullback as slow as a turtle and it just doesn't threaten anyone
Who also can't pass left to right...turns his whole body to shuffle the ball out.
Love Guth but wouldn't be upset if he moved on...we can't be sentimental about this...too many players getting paid way overs and we are where we are...yes we have $5m on the sidelines but this has shown how much we front loaded on a couple of players and we have RMC players in the team as back up...broken, flawed and failed retention and recruitment process

Eelementary

Post Whore
Disappointed we lost, but...

Honestly, did anyone expect any different?

Even at 16-nil up, a team with Lussick, Talagi, Makatoa, Asi, Tuilagi, Keir, Russell, no Moses...

It's always going to suck, tbh.

Soto

Bench
Fatty was outraged over Sivo’s remarkable try save, only to be penalised for a slap. Gotta agree. Try save of the year. Maybe 5 years.

It's embarrassing how bad the flunker is...
Anyone see Crichton in Warriors game? His shoulder collects RTS in the face. Poor bugger gets up to play the ball and looks like he's had 23 beers and falls over...just a penalty..no sin bin...unbelievable.
Unfortunately some teams continue to get very dubious calls go their way consistently...
Unfortunately the refereeing this year has become an abomination