What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd25: Parra v Storm GAME DAY THREAD @ Commbank 1/9/22

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Well off to my first comm bank game tonight, the merkins better win!!

any suggestions for parking ? And a decent takeaway place nearby?

King-Gutho94

Coach

North Parra near Richie Benaud oval may be the way to go mate.

Near the stadium is limited and further you get into parra the harder it is as its a lot of 1-way roads.

hindy111

Post Whore
I know you like a prediction, so you can’t lose with these two.

If we win it will because our pack stood up and our halves were the difference.

If we lose, it will be BAs fault and he should be sacked.

Easy money, get on it. 💰

Yes you've worked me out. You are a very clever man

Gazzamatta

Coach

Club carpark early b4 4:50 its free and Pizza from home. All systems go here. Enjoy your night Joshy. Best footy ground anywhere.
Go you magnificent Eels.

Glenneel

Bench
This match and the others to come pose interesting questions:
Are Parra able to win 4 consecutive or 5 of the next games? So far they have proved they cannot.
Will good Parra stand up during the final series or bad Parra come to the fore?
Is BA a coach that can win a g/f or not?

Last edited:

Chipmunk

Coach
It's our Top 4 spot to take.

We've essentially f**ked around all year, turned up some weeks, and not turned up for others. All of it can be forgotten with a win tonight, a Top 4 finish and a date with the Panthers next week awaits if we're good enough.

I suspect we've been waiting for September to come all year...Well, it's September and it's time to deliver.

Stevie

Bench
It's our Top 4 spot to take.

We've essentially f**ked around all year, turned up some weeks, and not turned up for others. All of it can be forgotten with a win tonight, a Top 4 finish and a date with the Panthers next week awaits if we're good enough.

I suspect we've been waiting for September to come all year...Well, it's September and it's time to deliver.
For some reason I read that in a Gus Gould ala pre State of Origin voice.

eels_fan

First Grade
With the exception of the rabbitohs game and in Darwin, we’ve shown up for every game against top 8 opposition all year. We haven’t won them all, but we’ve competed strongly.
We haven’t won more than 3-4 in a row as we come up against a bottom feeder club and our mentally weak players think the games’ won before the captains run. I don’t think that will be an issue in the finals (though i wouldn’t have put it past us if we had a way to finish 5th and possibly play the broncos - that would be the type of game we get trounced in - thankfully that isn’t a possibility really).

win the next 2 games and BA resoundingly saves his ass (I’ve said since before a ball was kicked this season it’s prelim final or bust for BA).