What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd4: EELS v Panthers GAME DAY THREAD @ Commbank Stadium 23/3/2023

hindy111

Post Whore
How I saw the game was like this.

We dominated but our attack was clunky. But their defense is also amazing.
Dylan was ordinary again. One nice grubber but other then that did little. We all bag JA but he isn't costing close to a million. Dylan needs to be dominating games.
Moses very good but still a few poor kicks. But his big boot got us out of trouble.

Hopgood after 30mins drops of in intensity. His first 20mins he looked unstoppable. Average after that.

Mattersons defense and runs excellent. I thought he was in of our best last night.

Penisini was also excellent. The way he reads defense and backs off etc. Great player.

Hodgson was sharp. Great first 25 but then he struggles. He hasn't played a lot of footy so it maybe a fitness thing. Ask yourself this. Had he played 80mins last night do we win? NO.
If HANDS played the other 3 games do we win? I think we would be 4-0 tbh. Atleast 3-1.

Makataoa impressed again. He is a better prop then Murchie. Grieg however didn't impress me. At this point I prefer Makatoa even thou I always say he is a plodder he has been solid.

Bryce has been excellent. We need to keep him in the starting side. With him and Lane you have dual threats out wide. Matto comes on to spell Hopgood. Gets some time in middle. Covers some minutes for Bryce or Lane if needed.

Simmonson and Waqa at this point are the odd men out. They will have Dunster and Russel gunning for their positions. Those areas need to be addressed.

I am keeping an eye on Morretti and Matalele.
Morretti punched out 157mtrs yesterday and 28 tackles. Matalele 120mtrs and busting tackles for fun. Only downside was Matalele missed 8 tackles. His defense still needs some work but it could be due to bad defenders either side of him also.
Both are already better players then Momoisea,Ogden,Rodwell and maybe even Murchie. I would like to see more of Morretti but I feel like he might force himself into the top 30 soon.

hindy111

Post Whore
Must have been the 11th last minute when Edwards returned the ball sideways before pushing a pass for Tago to knock on

They didn't panic. That pass should of been taken.
Compare how they handled the last 10 to us against Manly last week. We panicked amd should of won.

TheParraboy

Staff member
His form keeps up then Reg has one starting Origin prop position sewn up (Haas the other)

Or does Freddy pick the Saifiti and JakeT combo? cause its a better fit for NSW :p

84 Baby

Referee
His form keeps up then Reg has one starting Origin prop position sewn up (Haas the other)

Or does Freddy pick the Saifiti and JakeT combo? cause its a better fit for NSW :p
Tubbo is a walk up start. Literally he will walk up.

I thought about it last night. Who the f**k are NSW going to pick?

parra pete

Referee
Did Ginnane once insult Waqa?
I just hate the way he carries on, gushing, I think he is the bloke Roy & HG are taking the piss out of when they highlight the mediocre, and make the important mediocre..Hate watching a game when he commentates...especially when he is alongside Steve Roach...Warren Smith, Matt Russell are my favourite callers on Fox, while I enjoyed David (Thirsty) Morrow on ABC - and I had the pleasure of joining him on air in a live broadcast in 2011...

Gronk

Staff member
Whenever a try scorer puts the ball down under or next to the posts = middle defenders fault

Got it.
You're missing the point.

Watch it again. It was lazy by the whole team. They ran the ball on tackle 5, there was no slide. The whole team was in a bunch. Matterson and Carty fell for the decoy. Then Brown went for something in between a ball slap down and an intercept. Brown didn't trust Carty to take Chinboy. Brown should have nailed the 19. That left Waqa marking the 19 running a cut back line, the sweeping fullback with his hands out in front AND Crighton.

1679627838575.png

Yes middles should have shifted laterally, but in that play Yeo cock blocks Makka (?) and Fisher-Harris runs through the line and f**ks with Matto. It was a very good try and had nothing to do with Waqa.

1679628170343.png

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I just hate the way he carries on, gushing, I think he is the bloke Roy & HG are taking the piss out of when they highlight the mediocre, and make the important mediocre..Hate watching a game when he commentates...especially when he is alongside Steve Roach...Warren Smith, Matt Russell are my favourite callers on Fox, while I enjoyed David (Thirsty) Morrow on ABC - and I had the pleasure of joining him on air in a live broadcast in 2011...
Thirsty Morrow is a legend, great caller of all sports.