What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd5 2023: Non Parra games

Chipmunk

Coach
Well, I'm prepared to call it now.

We've been up for 5 weeks, playing against top teams. Unfortunately we've only got the result in one of those games. The players have been convinced they've been awesome in defeat. But, here comes our mental let down at the end of the 5 weeks.

The Tigpies are well overdue for a win, will be bashed in the media for a week before the game and you'd expect them to rise for the match.

We won't beat the Tigpies. I'm certain of it.

We've been up for 5 weeks, playing against top teams. Unfortunately we've only got the result in one of those games. The players have been convinced they've been awesome in defeat. But, here comes our mental let down at the end of the 5 weeks.

The Tigpies are well overdue for a win, will be bashed in the media for a week before the game and you'd expect them to rise for the match.

It’s so sad but so true

Tooooks

Bench

Yeah, you may be right. I’d hope our tough draw to start this year will have us battle hardened though. Last year going into round 6 against the Tigers we were 4-1, but we had played the Titans twice and the Dragons, who were woeful.

And the chance of us getting ambushed again? Unlikely I would think. But yeah, if we lose, start planning for next year.

Gazzamatta

Coach
Yeah, you may be right. I’d hope our tough draw to start this year will have us battle hardened though. Last year going into round 6 against the Tigers we were 4-1, but we had played the Titans twice and the Dragons, who were woeful.

And the chance of us getting ambushed again? Unlikely I would think. But yeah, if we lose, start planning for next year.
Win or lose Id suggest the plan for 2024 would not be too different to the plan for 2023.

Gronk

Staff member

Agree that we’ve only got the result once, but that’s where my glass half full takes over.

Every game were in with a chance (Storm golden point, Sharks 5 tries each GK was 50%, Manly 6 tries each GK was 50% and vs Roosters, well no team can will with 12 players for 50% of first half 40/60% possession. We won second half).

We are not playing shit. The Tigers are playing shit.

The only way that we lose next Monday is that we start playing shit and the Tigers miraculously start playing decent.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Any plan that involved Tim Sheens and coaching was laughable, he sacks the previous coach and gives himself a free two year pay bump lol. They are far worse than last year with a better team. They let Hastings gonto keep a a gutless little Coward in Brooks. Lol hilarious.

If we don’t do a job on them we may as well give up for the year as well.

Gronk

Staff member
Any plan that involved Tim Sheens and coaching was laughable, he sacks the previous coach and gives himself a free two year pay bump lol. They are far worse than last year with a better team. They let Hastings gonto keep a a gutless little Coward in Brooks. Lol hilarious.

If we don’t do a job on them we may as well give up for the year as well.
So what’s your score prediction for next week ? W or L and by what margin ?

Wally21

Bench

I hope you’re wrong, (he says with no confidence, as he has learned better over the last 50 years, of being a Parra supporter).

Wally21

Bench
So what’s your score prediction for next week ? W or L and by what margin ?
Call me splinters, but I think it will go 1 of 2 ways. We will either capitulate in a very very close game, or will win by 20+.
I know, I know, but if anyone has confidence in us winning next week, I’m pleased for them. I just don’t have it

King-Gutho94

Coach

Our record against the Tigers is pretty strong its the best against any other team currently in the comp by a fair margin.

63% win record overall and 66% on the road.

Past means nothing but its not like the Tigers give us issues generally.

Last year Easter game was a blip when you compare the games between the 2 teams in recent times.

Tooooks

Bench
Only four of the 17 who beat us last year played last night. You could argue that they’re a better team in paper, but we also had a backline that was interrupted. Opacic and Marata in the centres, Penisini and Simonsson on the wings.

I’m confident we’ll win, but the game also makes me nervous, because I’m aware of the shit performances we can dish out.

JokerEel

First Grade
Now I understand why Sheens gave Api the Captain gig..
Joking about beating the bye after your team turned up and played like crap shows the culture you have...

King-Gutho94

Coach
Now I understand why Sheens gave Api the Captain gig..
Joking about beating the bye after your team turned up and played like crap shows the culture you have...
Justin Pascoe the CEO was kicking around a footy at the warm-up.

Talk about taking the piss.

I just hope Sheens decides not to drop brooks this week.

Give him one more week sheensy.

Tooooks

Bench
Justin Pascoe the CEO was kicking around a footy at the warm-up.

Talk about taking the piss.

I just hope Sheens decides not to drop brooks this week.

Give him one more week sheensy.
Who does he replace him with though? Will Smith?