What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd6: Rabbitohs vs Cowboys

Rabbits20

Immortal
Pictures on the souths website of walker training without a rehab vest or anything on his hand.

R95 in the training gallery on our official website there is a picture or 2 of Dylan training and he has 2-3 fingers tapped up still.

Maybe it's still healing and he'll be back next week.

But I really hope he plays.

That way we can split up Reddy and Millard.

I hope it's:

AJ
Millard/Taukafa (however I didn't see Taukafa training with the full time squad)
Dylan
Goodwin
Reddy

On the right would be Dylan and Reddy and on the left Goodwin and Millard.

Rabbits20

Immortal
madge can still pick a good side, even though sutton has been ruled out. i would like to see:

1. AJ
2. Manuleleua
3. Millard
4. Reddy
5. Goodwin
6. GI (c)
7. Keary
8. George Burgess
9. Luke
10. Tyrrell
11. Stewart
12. McQueen
13. Clark

14. Brown
15. Grevsmuhl
16. Grant
17. Thomas Burgess

18. McInnes
19. Lowe

Manuleleau played for Norths Southsport said.

Dylan is most likely back. If Dylan doesn't play though McQueen would probably move to Centre pushing Goodwin to the wing.

Dylan will add much needed speed, creativity and solid defence out wide. We have really missed him.

rabbitohs95

Bench
So we might be looking at;

1. Johnston
2. Goodwin
3. Millard
4. Walker
5. Reddy
6. Inglis
7. Keary
8. George
9. Issac
10. Tyrrell
11. Stewart
12. McQueen
13. Clark

14. Lowe
15. Grevsmuhl
16. Grant
17. Tom

SaraSassypants

Juniors
He went ok before and being another year wiser won't hurt. We don't want to be changing too many positions. We'll see on the day I guess.

southsport

First Grade
He went ok before and being another year wiser won't hurt. We don't want to be changing too many positions. We'll see on the day I guess.

Walker is a dynamic runner with the ball and a finisher, if he plays 5/8 he will be distributing to players that don't have the same ability as he does.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Walker is a dynamic runner with the ball and a finisher, if he plays 5/8 he will be distributing to players that don't have the same ability as he does.

Agreed. If he plays must be at centre. We are lacking out wide currently too.

Centre is by far his best position.

Southsport I'm hoping there isn't bad refing tonight.

southsport

First Grade
Agreed. If he plays must be at centre. We are lacking out wide currently too.

Centre is by far his best position.

Southsport I'm hoping there isn't bad refing tonight.

Yes, I hope for good reffing too, but it's a tough job I think.

Last edited:

souths_pride

Juniors
I thought it was a really poor performance from the boys tonight. I get the feeling that Madge will give some of the players an absolute spray after some of the defending. In particular, I think we seem to be a bit vulnerable in our defensive line in behind our markers. In general our marker defense was poor all night. I don't know when or how that has crept into our game but I have never seen a team bust us up the middle around the edges of the ruck like the Cowboys did tonight - they got in and around our markers like they weren't even there! It made us look slow, cumbersome and immobile, in particular with the breaks made by Gavin Cooper and Jake Granville. Also, defending on both edges is again a problem. I'm not going to go on a rant about him again because I feel everything that needs to be said about him has, but Joel Reddy was again hopeless - I don't know why he feels the need to fly in!

Another area of concern is our kicking on the last tackle. I really do think we are missing that aspect of Adam Reynolds' game. Luke Keary wasn't bad but too often were his kicks not threatening enough or did not find open space when kicking from inside his own half. In stating that, I think Glenn Stewart looked good at five-eight and I like how Greg Inglis got into first receiver every now and then to shoulder some of the responsibility. I also felt, that we seemed to adopt an ultra-forward dominated approach. I think we did this to ease pressure and a bit of responsibility off our halves but the downside was the our outside backs were virtually anonymous.

Discipline again let us down. The number of penalties is not so much a concern as is the area of the field and the time in the game that we are giving them away. Its something that we really need to remedy and fast! In terms of positives, I was really impressed with both Burgess boys, David Tyrell is a real warhorse and Grevsmuhl looks a great back rower. All in all, it was a pretty lackluster performance and probably one that should never have happened given the half time lead. Its really disheartening given how well our forwards played at times.

SaraSassypants

Juniors
Considering the forward pack is missing Turner, Sutto and technically Steward as he was at 5/8 I think the pack will improve.

Latest posts