What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd7: LIVE game day thread EELS v Manly April 22nd

Gronk

Staff member
Taka and Gower both havr good feet and an offload.
Lets be honest, where do we rate Hayne compared to our other backs?

Gutherson,Jennings are superior.
Id say Taka offers more and on form on par with young jennings and Auvau.

Drop off the Hayne crap. The guy has skills to burn. Love to see him in the team when we win a few more. Just to see his fast soft hands in the TA showed that he has skill that merkins could only dream of.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Drop off the Hayne crap. The guy has skills to burn. Love to see him in the team when we win a few more. Just to see his fast soft hands in the TA showed that he has skill that merkins could only dream of.
This. He's still one of our best backs even if he isn't the player he was a few years ago. He could be half as good as he was and he'd still be better than most.

His attitude has always let him down at times, but never his skill or ability.

jk13

First Grade
Brown back in, tepai to wenty. Hayne must’ve played injured, twice 5m out he was stopped, can’t remember that ever happening

Suitman

Post Whore

Mate, I couldn't agree more.
I sat there today just watching him on the wide shots on the tv and was thinking what a f**king waste of his talent. He was just standing there waiting for the ball to come his way, and most times it went to the other side of the field.
He'd only been given the chance to take a few hit ups on the 1st set, out of our own half, other than one shot at the tryline when Trab-vich made a magnificent tackle to stop him.
The one chance he gets and he lays on a great pass for a TA.
The guy is wasted on the wing.
When he comes back from injury, we need to give him the opportunities to be the player he can be. It won't be in the halves, so either centres or fullback it is.
I'd have no problem with him being at fullback, replacing Guth, because Guth is a great centre anyway.

Gronk

Staff member
Brown back in, tepai to wenty. Hayne must’ve played injured, twice 5m out he was stopped, can’t remember that ever happening

BA said in the presser that if the player and the staff say he's right, then he's right. He added that nearly every player starts a game not quite right.

Gazzamatta

Coach
Every player except Mannah was prepared to offload.
Attack stood noticeably deeper. BA definitely tweaked our attack.
Gower was great. Smith to 14 was perfect. Mannah to the bench worked well. Matagi and Terepo really fired up. Hayne on the wing will eventually work as well.

Incorrect

Coach
I sat there today just watching him on the wide shots on the tv and was thinking what a f**king waste of his talent. He was just standing there waiting for the ball to come his way, and most times it went to the other side of the field.
He'd only been given the chance to take a few hit ups on the 1st set, out of our own half, other than one shot at the tryline when Trab-vich made a magnificent tackle to stop him.
When he comes back from injury, we need to give him the opportunities to be the player he can be. It won't be in the halves, so either centres or fullback it is.
I'd have no problem with him being at fullback, replacing Guth, because Guth is a great centre anyway.
I can tell you right now that Hayne, nor anyone else for that matter, will not be fullback ahead of Gutho.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member

BA won't move Gutho. Also look at Gutho's try, it was due to his work rate, Hayne as good as he can be doesn't work that hard of the ball.

Don't think he is wasted on the winger, he can focus on his running game which is his strength (which gives us something we are missing at wing) plus it's easier to roam on the wing then centre - look at the freedom Semi got last year.

Also he can move into the fullback role for set plays.