What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd7: LIVE game day thread EELS v Manly April 22nd

hindy111

Post Whore
Mate, I couldn't agree more.
I sat there today just watching him on the wide shots on the tv and was thinking what a f**king waste of his talent. He was just standing there waiting for the ball to come his way, and most times it went to the other side of the field.
He'd only been given the chance to take a few hit ups on the 1st set, out of our own half, other than one shot at the tryline when Trab-vich made a magnificent tackle to stop him.
The one chance he gets and he lays on a great pass for a TA.
The guy is wasted on the wing.
When he comes back from injury, we need to give him the opportunities to be the player he can be. It won't be in the halves, so either centres or fullback it is.
I'd have no problem with him being at fullback, replacing Guth, because Guth is a great centre anyway.

Gutherson stays at fullback. Hayne is on decline while Guths on the up. Gutherson is everywhere, the try he scored he went from one side of field to other to back up. Hayne doesnt get into that position. Guth has also saved 2 tries in 2 games.

Hayne on the wing is fine. Taka offers a lot in centre, it may not be as sliky as Hayne but its damm effective. Runs harder, offloads better. His defense may not be as good but attack wise Taka is brilliant.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Who would have thought

His attitude just isnt the same ... when he left in 2014 he said he had acheived all he wanted in league ... i dont think he ever got the real desire back - its now just for the money
Not sure if it's his attitude or just his body which is totally done. He can't cut it in the NRL anymore sadly.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
We can make up funny names for them but i have seen those chicks give it to merkins like greenburg when they give crap answers ... alot of the penis squad of nrl panelists have less balls than the vag squad
I watch the Vag squad every week mate, those girls are excellent and know their footy, unlike the two dopey f**ksticks on 360.

Chipmunk

Coach
That's a fair argument, Manly only had around 40% of the ball.

However we also only had around that much ball against sharks, Tigers and Canberra and kept the score a lot more respectable, yet apparently our effort has been shit!!

Happy to accept your argument if you can provide evidence that any of those teams had well above 60% possession for 80 minutes when they played us. We won the possession against Tigers if I'm not mistaken.

strider

Post Whore
Not sure if it's his attitude or just his body which is totally done. He can't cut it in the NRL anymore sadly.
But why would his body suddenly be crap? ... he's only 30 ... he was fine when he came back from the nrl/touch union .... he's had 2 years back in league

But why would his body suddenly be crap? ... he's only 30 ... he was fine when he came back from the nrl/touch union .... he's had 2 years back in league
Don't laugh but I wonder if he's training too hard. And trying to get back on the field while still injured. Before he left he wasn't a great trainer we're told.