What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd8 2024: Eels v Manly GAME DAY THREAD @ 4 Pines Park April 26

hindy111

Post Whore
Guth bagging team mates for silly mistakes??? His dumb play down the blindside on the 5th totally changed the game. Manly went bang bang straight after. Bloke thinks he's untouchable he can leave with his hero Brad. Give Mose's the captaincy and the side along with a new coach and staff.

5 weeks ago people on here suggesting Guth is better then D.Edwards.
He is cooked. Can't break a tackle.

hindy111

Post Whore
Pou has been saying for weeks that our inside forwards and our leadership is the issue and has been getting slammed by everyone as being a troll. Yet, you just said the same thing is the issue.

I told you all what the issue was going to be in 2022 moving forward. Nobody listened.
We handed put 4yr extensions to 4 x aging forwards and signed Guth for to long on huge bucks.

hindy111

Post Whore
Yet with 14 mins to go we had scored more tries then then…,and we defeated the last time we played them..,

but hey they just play at our level…

How about both sides played ok when they have the advantage of possession. Generally who ever has the most possession wins….

We got smacked in the 2nd half and never looked in it.
We where great in the first half. Then Manly went up a gear. We got a lucky try to get close and with a bit of luck we could of jagged it.
Better side won.

Avenger

Immortal
They made a good point on the post game show on Foxtel that once we are in the cycle of going set for set against the opposition we lack resilience especially in defence.

There are a couple of factors to this. We are mentally weak and no longer respond to instruction at a consistent level and we are simply too old and not good enough anymore. We peaked in 2022 on the back of another inconsistent season and have slowly regressed with poor recruitment/retention decisions since shitting the bed in the GF.

Last edited:

hindy111

Post Whore
I think Manly where rubbish last night. They where off. And so where we. We have lost all composure. When we are in the red zone and don't score we become frustrated and give away cheap penalties. We multiple times did not take the percentage option on the 5th.
The difference between us and the top 3 sides is huge. But the difference between the rest is marginal. It comes down to composure and patience. We are erratic.
This for me is the biggest flaw in BAs tenure. We've always been like this. Part of the reason is the players. Gutherson as great as he is does stupid things at times. Wants to be the hero.
I think best we look towards future now. This season is cooked. If anyone wants to take a few of our players we should listen to offers.
As far as Morgan Harper goes I've not seen such a slow and weak nrl centre. Embarrassing he walks into our side.

Blaize may not be ready but I'd give him a spot and let him make mistakes. He'll be better for it. Guymer,Grieg,Morretti,Hands all must be given preference along with Doorey.
I'm sure we get flogged more but we also will see if any can handle it and step up. They all have a possible NRL future.

Gronk

Staff member
True we had a chance but Manly blew many opportunities. I think they made us look better than we were. Reg dosent look fit enough and Paulo should have been shipped off last year when some still thought he was good. For our captain, Paulo has been horrible.
Reg is hitting the defence with his back lately, he is clearly playing injured.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Watching the presser not sure if it was the chair but BA looked like a shell of a man in that he knows the end is nigh.

It's actually the most animated i have ever seen Gutho in a press conference post game normally he dead bats most stuff to BA but pubically spraying Sivo for the absolute stupidity. And then spoke pretty angrily about the dumb shit we continually toss up.

Looks like the frustration of another wasted season is starting to hit home.

JokerEel

Coach
I think Manly where rubbish last night. They where off. And so where we. We have lost all composure. When we are in the red zone and don't score we become frustrated and give away cheap penalties. We multiple times did not take the percentage option on the 5th.
The difference between us and the top 3 sides is huge. But the difference between the rest is marginal. It comes down to composure and patience. We are erratic.
This for me is the biggest flaw in BAs tenure. We've always been like this. Part of the reason is the players. Gutherson as great as he is does stupid things at times. Wants to be the hero.
I think best we look towards future now. This season is cooked. If anyone wants to take a few of our players we should listen to offers.
As far as Morgan Harper goes I've not seen such a slow and weak nrl centre. Embarrassing he walks into our side.

Blaize may not be ready but I'd give him a spot and let him make mistakes. He'll be better for it. Guymer,Grieg,Morretti,Hands all must be given preference along with Doorey.
I'm sure we get flogged more but we also will see if any can handle it and step up. They all have a possible NRL future.

Stop making sense..

On your last paragraph Canberra have invested heavily on youth in their spine and are willingly to accept some losses for player development.

We are just losing and no player is developing

JokerEel

Coach
Watching the presser not sure if it was the chair but BA looked like a shell of a man in that he knows the end is nigh.

It's actually the most animated i have ever seen Gutho in a press conference post game normally he dead bats most stuff to BA but pubically spraying Sivo for the absolute stupidity. And then spoke pretty angrily about the dumb shit we continually toss up.

Dumb shit started by Guthos by running it on the last instead of kicking..

Noise

Coach
Dumb shit started by Guthos by running it on the last instead of kicking..
Yep that was the momentum swinger. We actually had momentum until that idiotic bit of football. An absolute dog shit dumb play by our captain.

‘Attitude reflects leadership, captain’.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Reg is hitting the defence with his back lately, he is clearly playing injured.
Happy Season 4 GIF by The Simpsons

Being held together with Sticky tape??? Is that your expert prognosis???

hindy111

Post Whore
So according to Gronk

Rcg, Guth,Sivo,Kelma have all been playing injured. Id say more like they are either just average players in Kelmas case. In declineand bodies not up to what it was in RCG/GUTHs case or pea hearts in Sivos case.

hineyrulz

Post Whore

He should be angry at himself as well, his dumb selfish blind side play changed the game. He got away with one as equally as stupid the first half when the marker got pinged.

the phantom menace

First Grade
Seems to me like you agreed with me and Pou earlier
You mean last year, before either of you started saying it 😂
Don’t like Pou so mustn’t agree with anything he says
Haven't met the guy. And I through his posts the occasional like, where it's merited. For further reading, please refer to others posts last night where they highlighted Pou's own posts effectively admitting he on here is a troll.

Latest posts