What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd8 2024: Eels v Manly GAME DAY THREAD @ 4 Pines Park April 26

eels4life87

Juniors
Yeah, I haven't been swayed by the excuses. What I saw us produce was a level below the season before, and the players that left the squad after the grand final were replaced by inferior ones.

And this year the performances speak for themselves... it's time BA.
Genuinely want to know how any of that is excuses 🤣🤣🤣

84 Baby

Referee
Oh dear... Pou was also one of the ones wanting to keep Hodgson in firsts, when everyone could see his time had passed, so I'm not sure you want to shackle yourself to that train.

Pretty much everyone has been onto Lussick's weakness from round one, a weakness Pou will only admit if/after Lussick's dropped.

So I don't think you two are the only ones that spot our poor defence in "the middle" and the impact it causes.
The reference was to Paulo & RCG who tonight made 42 tackles between them, missed 5 and throw in another 4 ineffective, but it’s more the efforts they don’t make. They’re good players but I don’t think we can carry both on field at same time when you add in some of the other less defensive minded forwards we have

Avenger

Immortal
Some observations:

Matterson was our best player.

Both our hookers are average.

Shaun Lane is awful and lazy.

Hopgood is overrated and drops off tackles when he is tired.

RCG would die for BA yet only ran for 66m.

The less said about Sivo the better.

Sanders isn’t ready.

We are still a part time football club led by a stale clueless coach that should be sacked tonight.

Noise

Coach
The reference was to Paulo & RCG who tonight made 42 tackles between them, missed 5 and throw in another 4 ineffective, but it’s more the efforts they don’t make. They’re good players but I don’t think we can carry both on field at same time when you add in some of the other less defensive minded forwards we have
I can’t believe we have RCG, Paulo and Lane long term extensions. BA loves them too. Lane and RCG have been dog shit lately.
They are the laziest merkins in defence.

Gherkin

Juniors
Some positives to take from tonight. Felt like we changed our strategy up a bit in the first half, Gutho getting in closer to the ball a bit with the halves running wider. Went away from this, largely due to having no ball. 8-0 penalty count, we definitely contributed to this with some selfish individual decisions but some clear examples of home crowd influencing the referee. The colonel was good as well, played his role well in the first half and I felt he showed more than what he has in cup.
Our middle need to have a good look at themselves, some of the defensive misses are embarrassing. And we never dominate the ruck.
Also I’d be giving Reg some time off. Don’t think he’s right at the moment to be playing

Latest posts