What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd8 2024: Eels v Manly GAME DAY THREAD @ 4 Pines Park April 26

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
He basically is just explaining what the club is doing hence why I replied today that everything he says is how to run a club that doesn't win a premiership and is running in 14th place..

There is nothing new from his shit nothing better than what the club is already delivering
I'm hardly going to pretend I know better than the club. Like some kind of armchair coach. I just explain it how I see it. A lot of people have been in charge of our club since 1986 and won f**k all. Maybe they should've given you merkins the reins. You would've won something by now for sure.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Since our last premiership 13 out of 16 clubs (not including the Dolphins) have won it at some stage. Does that mean we’ve been bottom 3 in terms of available resources since that time?
2005 was the biggest missed opportunity out of the whole Brian Smith era and past 38 years.

Perhaps 1999 but I was too young to remember the teams around then but 2005 fmd.

Everyone talks about 2001 but 2005 was a soft kill all we had to do was beat the cows at homebush and then face a flighty Tigers side on GF day where we had more experience and the wood over.

emjaycee

Coach
So me having a different opinion to him and being in the overwhelming majority makes the majority and I sheep?
Only when you are being a mad Balkan and not using any of your own thinking ability mate. When you calm down after tonight you will actually think that Sanders did a pretty decent job as a 19 year old on debut against a monster Manly forward in Olakolouto and the QLD Origin halfback but at the moment your Balkan blood is calling for his head.

JokerEel

Coach
Btw What was with the shitty camera shots on Fox tonight we get vision of the moon while the game is on then some random Bogan manly fan while game is on then I think we got a look at the manly coaches box a few times while play was going on...

I want to watch the footy ffs

Legal Eel

Juniors
Could be the players and the coach mate... have you considered that?
Didn’t realise the players picked the coach ….my apologies, I thought it was the other way around.

BA assembled this squad, he established the defensive structures that have the same glaring weaknesses for years - these are not new problems as we have been stripped for numbers regularly for a long time

If it is not something BA can fix (as he hasn’t for years) do we just accept that it can’t be fixed and keep him forever?

or should we give someone else a go who might have a solution Brad clearly doesn’t have?

for the record, tonight was a big improvement and I can see more improvement when our true talisman returns from injury - but structural issues will still plague us when it counts as they have never been fixed in brads tenure.

depends what you want - you have previously stated that you don’t need a premiership as you have seen them before - for others of us, we want to see another one (even though I saw the first four)

as for Pou, sorry to tell you but he freely admits he holds no actual opinion - he has stated that if the majority wanted to keep BA he would staunchly argue the exact opposite just to get a rise - he’s a troll

Last edited:

lucablight

First Grade
I'm hardly going to pretend I know better than the club. Like some kind of armchair coach. I just explain it how I see it. A lot of people have been in charge of our club since 1986 and won f**k all. Maybe they should've given you merkins the reins. You would've won something by now for sure.
This is a horrible take for someone who comes here for “pseudo intellectual” discussion. There are two really egregious fallacies being committed here. You’re assuming the conclusion and then cherry picking data to support it. You’re also assuming that all the resources we’ve had have been utilised to the best of their potential. You don’t just get to assume that unless you demonstrate it. What makes you so certain this is the only way things could have turned out?

Btw What was with the shitty camera shots on Fox tonight we get vision of the moon while the game is on then some random Bogan manly fan while game is on then I think we got a look at the manly coaches box a few times while play was going on...

I want to watch the footy ffs
It’s from the dumb merkins at Channel 9 feed. It was probably from when that space cadet Freddie was rambling about some unimportant dribble. “Home of Rugby League” my arse.

eels4life87

Juniors
Oh god. Don’t remind me of 2005. That prelim final against the Cowboys where the eels couldn’t even score a point was the last game I was able to see in person
2005 was the biggest missed opportunity out of the whole Brian Smith era and past 38 years.

Perhaps 1999 but I was too young to remember the teams around then but 2005 fmd.

Everyone talks about 2001 but 2005 was a soft kill all we had to do was beat the cows at homebush and then face a flighty Tigers side on GF day where we had more experience and the wood over.

lucablight

First Grade

Brett Seymour screwed up our season by giving Hindmarsh a season ending ACL injury. Fui also got suspended for a dubious reason. They were probably our two best forwards that season who we missed against the Cowboys.

Avenger

Immortal
Only when you are being a mad Balkan and not using any of your own thinking ability mate. When you calm down after tonight you will actually think that Sanders did a pretty decent job as a 19 year old on debut against a monster Manly forward in Olakolouto and the QLD Origin halfback but at the moment your Balkan blood is calling for his head.
Nothing to do with Sanders, the kid isn't ready that's all I said. I didn't blame him for the loss. And If our team had any of my Balkan ferocity do you think they'd surrender like weak minded merkins?

emjaycee

Coach
Nothing to do with Sanders, the kid isn't ready that's all I said. I didn't blame him for the loss. And If our team had any of my Balkan ferocity do you think they'd surrender like weak minded merkins?
If they had your Balkan ferocity it would have been a forced forfeit with our whole team in the sinbin.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Plus f**k Manly have the biggest Bogan fanbase
Depends on what your brought up with.

Brookie is the 2nd biggest bogen ground in Sydney behind shark Park.

Brookvale though is and remains a hole but there fans love it though.

Give me a proper ground in commbank every day of the week over asbestos Brookvale.

Latest posts