What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd8 2024: Eels v Manly GAME DAY THREAD @ 4 Pines Park April 26

the phantom menace

First Grade
Guthos' clearly in pain kicking... and not getting them from out wide - which is the only place we score. I don't know why we haven't trained with sufficient other kicker options - sure they might be our third or fourth option behind Moses, Gutho... but good squads have this scenario covered.

Gazzamatta

Coach
Reg is hitting the defence with his back lately, he is clearly playing injured.
Probably and that turn sideways sh*t by Paulo and Sivo is a sure indication they are avoiding the collision. Stand upright and drive with the legs. They both can do it but choose not to. Maybe fear has crept in. Cant believe this isnt corrected by Coach.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
We have for that last 11 years. Pou and friends keep thinking we will find diamonds down there when we now it’s just a soggy turd.
Here's the plan. I'll drive the Lada Niva down from Cairns and will wait for you at Dolphins oval. You steal Bennett from the training session while no-one is looking and then we'll stuff him in the back seat and drive him down to Parra Stadium. I'll bring the beers.

Chipmunk

Coach
With our Best 17 on the field together, our combined brilliance of individuals for whatever reason just works with the way we want to play, and we're a genuine Top 4 side. But, once we don't have our Best 17 on the field, we no longer have the combined brilliance there, yet we want to try and play the same way and we're just a dreadful looking piece of shit.

It doesn't work because we don't have a system where players can just come into the game instead of someone else and play a role, because everything we do is based purely and simply on the brilliance of the individual, and those individuals performing at their peak, rather than the team playing as a group as part of a system.

This is down to the coaching staff, and all their doing. Relying on the power game, getting the momentum, capitalising on a retreating defence, and second phase offloads, is our way and our only way, but that is not a system, and relies entirely on the brilliance of the individual to be able to implement and deliver it. You can't carry on trying to do things the same way, when the same individuals who are in the Best 17 aren't out there. This is the fault of the coaching staff that has put us in this situation with only one Plan A!

Sivo being a part of this brilliance of the individuals is also a highly annoying thing.

The reality is that if Simonsson was on the left wing instead of Sivo, we likely don't get to score our first two tries. Based on last weeks performance it's debatable whether Russell couldn't have f**ked up the try Simonsson scored either.

Our issues around the middle is compounded by the lack of ground our outside backs don't make compared to other teams. Sivo should, but doesn't, help this. This is nothing new though.

Chipmunk

Coach
Here's the plan. I'll drive the Lada Niva down from Cairns and will wait for you at Dolphins oval. You steal Bennett from the training session while no-one is looking and then we'll stuff him in the back seat and drive him down to Parra Stadium. I'll bring the beers.
Do they still sell Lada Niva's here?

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Sounds like a plan Stan.

Avenger

Immortal
It was one of the dumbest things I've seen in a while but guthos goal kicking is an abomination. Are you meant to be a professional?? You'd see better attempts at your local a grade footy side
Gutherson’s knee is shot which is why his kicking is terrible at the moment. However his decision making for not giving Sanders a go was a brain fart.

Avenger

Immortal
Our fitness is a concern for me, we look a tired team in the second half from a few games this year now.
The club has needed a permanent sports psychiatrist since 1987. We are famous with other clubs for being the most mentally piss weak club of them all. There are countless examples that demonstrate the constant choking and when you have had the same voice telling you to do the same thing for 11 years what do you expect?

Delboy

First Grade
Here’s a view, my son who had won Div 1 age comps as a coach, rang at half time and said. That Simmonson kick just before half time when he should have taken the tackle with Manly stuffed could be the turning point. On reflection. Spin the ball with 35 seconds to go, should be a try. Little things matter, not upset about the display given how poorly the second half was reffed, on to the Broncos.

Latest posts