What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd8 2024: Eels v Manly GAME DAY THREAD @ 4 Pines Park April 26

the phantom menace

First Grade
Re point C, it's possble Guth wasn't backing up Dyl's half breaks due to injury last week and physical decline this year.

The X-factor comments from pre-season 2023 indicate perhaps people had an idea this would happen for Guth... at least we have Lomax to cover fullback from 2025, centres Penisini and getting Blaize ready. Just need to buy in a 2025 winger, if Gutho's salary suddenly comes available through medical retirement.

emjaycee

Coach
Re point C, it's possble Guth wasn't backing up Dyl's half breaks due to injury last week and physical decline this year.

The X-factor comments from pre-season 2023 indicate perhaps people had an idea this would happen for Guth... at least we have Lomax to cover fullback from 2025, centres Penisini and getting Blaize ready. Just need to buy in a 2025 winger, if Gutho's salary suddenly comes available through medical retirement.
If you are putting Blaize into one centre position, we have Sivo and Simmonson on the wings don't we?
Simmonson would need to be extended though, so I guess technically you are correct.
I think the club has earmarked Penisini Jr and AMS for one wing spot though.

the phantom menace

First Grade
If you are putting Blaize into one centre position, we have Sivo and Simmonson on the wings don't we?
Simmonson would need to be extended though, so I guess technically you are correct.
I think the club has earmarked Penisini Jr and AMS for one wing spot though.
I should have typed a "decent" winger. We'll have Sivo under contract in 2025... but it would be nice to have a better wing option than Sivo or Simonssen, if Gutho's salary were to come available.

Personally I think Penisini Jr and AMS are at least two injury-free years away (2026 at earliest, maybe 2027) from being considered as suitably filling a first choice NRL wing spot.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
The way Hands has been treated has been pathetic.

No wonder his confidence is completely shot. He gets 3 token mins against Penrith then dumped.

Plays 5/8 at reggies then comes back for 1 game then gets dropped again back to 5/8 at reggies.

He was tracking along beautifully last year with how he was playing and being used.

He got a bit tired at back end of the year but thats understandable in his rookie year.

He has just become a pawn in BA's magnets that get spun around in circles chopped and changed without a clue or idea moving forward on how he should used.
Booooooooooooods!!!!!

hineyrulz

Post Whore
NSW cup is a shit show atm.. blaize who knows what his future is? guymer is playing lock, take the one decent edge forward we have developed and turn him into a middle, hands as you mentioned
It doesn’t matter who coaches or who plays where merkin ffs!! Nothing else matters either.

Latest posts