What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd9: Parra v Roosters GAME DAY THREAD @ BankWest Stadium 7/5/2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Drown had been a couple of microseconds later in hitting Hutchison and instead caused a cork to the thigh or lower leg, would it have been a 3 weeks suspension?

If Tedesco had not tried to drop to his knees as Marata was committed to making a chest high tackle therefore not collected him high, would it be a 2 week suspension?

And I think and say the same thing every weekend regardless of the club/player impacted.

I simply don't get how the physics of two (or more) players in motion are not taken into account when the MRC looks at these incidents.

Unless there is clear intent with a stiff swinging arm, a lead shoulder or a blatant elbow/forearm to the head ("hi Felice"), I don't see how accidents in a high speed contact sport can result in a suspension.
The press jumping up and down about it doesn't help but I think another element is that if you don't put blame on the players then you'd have to look at the game itself, and it's in a lot of people's interests not to do that.

crocodile

Bench
If Drown had been a couple of microseconds later in hitting Hutchison and instead caused a cork to the thigh or lower leg, would it have been a 3 weeks suspension?

If Tedesco had not tried to drop to his knees as Marata was committed to making a chest high tackle therefore not collected him high, would it be a 2 week suspension?

And I think and say the same thing every weekend regardless of the club/player impacted.

I simply don't get how the physics of two (or more) players in motion are not taken into account when the MRC looks at these incidents.

Unless there is clear intent with a stiff swinging arm, a lead shoulder or a blatant elbow/forearm to the head ("hi Felice"), I don't see how accidents in a high speed contact sport can result in a suspension.
It's reasonable to expect duty of care. Players making ball and all tackles should be aware of the risks and make adjustments. Certainly a lesser punishment than intentional though.

Gazzamatta

Coach
The fickle media will find a new target soon enough. It could even be a Dylbro redemption story. Whatever sells papers or gets clicks. None of them actually give a f*ck.
100% Footy will be interesting tonight with Bee Sting Head and Punch Drunk turning the knife on Our Eels.

Gazzamatta

Coach
They should change the gradings because more often than not (excluding Felise) the incidents are
. Grade 1 Accident
. Grade 2 Accident
. Grade 3 Accident
Call it what it is ffs.

emjaycee

Coach
It's reasonable to expect duty of care. Players making ball and all tackles should be aware of the risks and make adjustments. Certainly a lesser punishment than intentional though.
Duty of care is exactly my point.

Dylan should have not led with the knees but should have stayed upright and then instantly jumped over Hutchison when he realised Hutchison was dropping and when he collected him in the head with the full force of his boots, we would be looking at an 8 week suspension and a possible fractured skull instead.

emjaycee

Coach
They should change the gradings because more often than not (excluding Felise) the incidents are
. Grade 1 Accident
. Grade 2 Accident
. Grade 3 Accident
Call it what it is ffs.
And they should make it clear if they are going to use the level of injury incurred in determining the grading... and then be consistent in that.

Gazzamatta

Coach

Dylan should have not led with the knees but should have stayed upright and then instantly jumped over Hutchison when he realised Hutchison was dropping and when he collected him in the head with the full force of his boots, we would be looking at an 8 week suspension and a possible fractured skull instead.
I've not heard this mentioned elsewhere but it's food for thought.
How damaging was dopey Morris grabbing Hutch's knees and pumping his legs into his chest. Maybe that's when the broken rib actually punctured his lung? To be fair I'd fu*ken bet that's what happened.

crocodile

Bench

I've pointed this out already but if you look at the head on video you will notice that Hutchison's right arm collected Brown's right leg causing him to fall. He did not lead with his knees.

hindy111

Post Whore
I agree mate. It was a merkin act and he should get a lengthy suspension.

3 weeks is fair.

Kafusi incident barely raised a story. Dylans young and will learn. It would be interesting if Arthurs son did play and went well. What would BA do when Brown was back.
But I don't see him being picked. Well he can't. They funked up with this bubble thing

Delboy

First Grade
Have some sympathy for his views, he’s a Tigers fan so hasn’t really seen anyone desperately trying to stop a try, or probably even trying to stop someone scoring. The Leichhardt faithful move to a different drummer.

yy_cheng

Coach
Love to hear the reasons why Dylan is a cowardly flog. It suggests intent to harm with mallice. Do you really think that the Brown set out to injure Drew Hutchison ? The real reason why the tackle ended up ugly is that Brown did pull out of the tackle. He just did a bad job of it.

E01gzodVkAQa8Ah
Brown should've done a Fergo backflip to avoid.... then what happens if he did that and landed on Drew like WWE and punctured his lung. Would he have got the same charge?

crocodile

Bench
Love to hear the reasons why Dylan is a cowardly flog. It suggests intent to harm with mallice. Do you really think that the Brown set out to injure Drew Hutchison ? The real reason why the tackle ended up ugly is that Brown did pull out of the tackle. He just did a bad job of it.

E01gzodVkAQa8Ah

And the front on shot.
8a8e3f3f8845be1ba938dd0c199f3338

The diving Hutchison knocks Brown's leg from under him. Intentional my arse.

Malabar Eel

Juniors
Anyone else notice the head-butt and palm in the face from Hargreaves on Fergo. In the second half with 14:10 remaining on the clock. Fergo rucking the ball out. Would share footage if i knew how. One of many grubby acts in the game.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Anyone else notice the head-butt and palm in the face from Hargreaves on Fergo. In the second half with 14:10 remaining on the clock. Fergo rucking the ball out. Would share footage if i knew how. One of many grubby acts in the game.
I saw them going the niggle and then laughing about it. They're mates who won a premiership together.

Sphagnum

Coach
The MRC and judiciary are a joke. The things that get charged vs the things that don’t is a weekly head scratcher for everyone. And 99% of the penalties don’t fit the crime

needs a massive overhaul in the standards and systems they use to make sure everyone is getting a fair go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts