What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rebel eyes Eels top job - mX

The P Eel

Juniors
What do you need to know? He says he has Pride and Passion..and was a key man in the big 3P push for election.....or is he just being opportunistic?

And everything you say is tinged with sarcasm :sarcasm:...the members voted PP; time to move on! :crazy: Give them a chance FFS.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Terry's heart and passion may be in the right place but that alone hasn't convinced me that he should be the man for the job...I'd like to be proven wrong though.

mickdo

Coach
Sorry, was getting mixed up with the quote about not being qualified for the CEO of the leagues club. Thought both lines were about the football club.

Last edited:

parra pete

Referee
How has he demonstrated that he has that special Pride and Passion since he retired. He hasn't even been a member of the Football Club!!!!!

strider

Post Whore
pete: I think you'll find he hasn't made himself an ongoing "financial" member of the footy club because he actually was given perpetual membership (or something like that - I guess because he was a member of one of our grand final winning teams)

now I'm no genius, but I reckon if someone had given me some sort of honorary membership, the last thing I'd be thinking was that I needed to ALSO pay for that same membership.

So I'd say its a bit whacky that they didn't let him run for the board because of the technicality that he his membership is not paid for on a yearly basis.

eels81236

Bench
pete: I think you'll find he hasn't made himself an ongoing "financial" member of the footy club because he actually was given perpetual membership (or something like that - I guess because he was a member of one of our grand final winning teams)

now I'm no genius, but I reckon if someone had given me some sort of honorary membership, the last thing I'd be thinking was that I needed to ALSO pay for that same membership.

So I'd say its a bit whacky that they didn't let him run for the board because of the technicality that he his membership is not paid for on a yearly basis.

Didn't/Doesn't he have an outstanding debt with the club?

fish eel

Immortal

I didnt really follow that closely the reasons for his running then not running, but if that is true, how does that sit with life members? Surely they dont pay each year?

parra pete

Referee

That's a fair enough answer. I would assume that way also, if I was given a perpetual membership.
The difference between a perpetual member and life member, is one is a member for life, and the other a life member, even after death. for outstanding service to the organisation.

Last edited:

That's the thing. Was he given such a membership? I have annual reports dating back to 2003, No T. Leabeater in the Annual Report. Perpetual memberships were as far as I remeber the story as I wasn't there were sold in 1997 to celebrate the clubs 50th Birthday, they were auctioned off at a function and only 13 of them were ever available.

So the question is what club is Mr Leabeater a Perpetual member of?

Also something that rang true recently. Someone said if we are given something and then it is taken away from us we will notice. Now every member, Life, Perpetual or Common member of the club recieves the Financial and Annual Report, surely in 1988 or 1989 when Mr Leabeater didn't recieve the annual report from the club it would be something he questioned then, and not 22 years latter when approached to run for the board.

mickdo

Coach
Now every member, Life, Perpetual or Common member of the club recieves the Financial and Annual Report, surely in 1988 or 1989 when Mr Leabeater didn't recieve the annual report from the club it would be something he questioned then, and not 22 years latter when approached to run for the board.

Yes I'm sure not receiving the annual report was high on his priority list back in 1988 :sarcasm:

Fathead

Bench
I dont believe that the next CEO has to really have a footballing background TBH.
What we need in a CEO is someone who can run a company successfully.
For the reputed 450K that Fitzy is on, I reckon there would be some pretty outstanding candidates out there for the job. We can pick and choose.

Suitman

Post Whore
I dont believe that the next CEO has to really have a footballing background TBH.
What we need in a CEO is someone who can run a company successfully.
For the reputed 450K that Fitzy is on, I reckon there would be some pretty outstanding candidates out there for the job. We can pick and choose.

From potato carter to $450 000 a year.
And some question Leabeaters experience. :?

Suity

Latest posts