What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rebel World Cup planned for Pakistan

siv

First Grade
23.3.jpg.5cbaab1f3af904531f03618ac038eb48.jpg
Interesting Kenya has observer status in the RLIF but then quotes WRL

RLIF should invite Kenya and Pakistan to compete in RLWC2021 qualifiers

I would find out how much WRU and gov grants are offering and like a profession group - offer them double to commit to the RLIF

roughyedspud

Coach
So I swapped messages last night with the Kenyan RL aligned to the RLIF...I asked if they are aware of WRL & WRL asia-africa? This was his reply

. Hi Simon , no we are in no way affiliated with them, we established after my self and my wife ran a programme to introduce children in Kenya a opportunity to play RL , these children would have never had the chance to play any sport otherwise , we only started Kenya Rugby league to form a governing body as rugby union and other groups did all they could to shut our project down, now we are in many schools and non school children in the slums, we also have university and adult grade teams, the group associated with world rugby league are called Kenya rugby league federation they have tried to get a adult competition started but could not so they are looking at have just one team " Kenya national team " despite having no players , I believe they are only involved for money they have tried to extort money from us to make them " go away " , they are also still involved in Kenya rugby union apart from one member who was sacked for charging players 250000 Kenya shilling ( about $3000aus dollars ) to be selected for the Kenyan sevens team, we are currently trying to get government recognition and are working with RLIF and ERLF

Wtf?? That's the weakest,bullshit reply I've ever read,if that's the best you can do I'd give up if I was you..you've always been a shit troll....

Really? The comparison with hockey is not applicable, as they're not really after the same talent, they don't play much field hockey where they play ice hockey, and as I said, field hockey is a game for women. They're not competing with each other, RL and RU are.

siv

First Grade
What I see as important is for observer nations to play in RLIF tournaments

Eg Emerging Nations events

Pommy

Coach
Not really a problem when they dont look anything alike (one is on ice and one is on grass) and they each have distinct, recognisable and logical names (ICE hockey and FIELD hockey, hard to mix them up....)

People call both hockey, just as we call both rugby.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade

Yes, just as people will call soccer, Gridiron, VFL and Rugby "Football"; the vague term is fine when they ALREADY know what they are talking about...

But when you are talking to people who have difficulty distinguishing between the different sport, its f*cking useful to have those distinct names.

Youd have to be pig ignorant to think you can go around talking about "football" in America and expect people to KNOW you mean soccer. Just as you have to be pig ignorant to think you can go around talking about "Rugby" and assume people know youre talking about RL.

The difference is that we dont have that distinguishing name. We just stick with "Rugby" and stay lost in Unions shadow.....

#thewarriorpoet

Juniors
Even though it may not be specific enough, there is a name for RL that doesn’t include the term rugby that we could switch too that is already reasonably well known... super league! I can’t see any issues with changing to that...

As for this fake World Cup... I say let it happen (it will increase interest in the combined ‘rugby’) then go in afterwards and poach the players... (do to rugby what they do to us...)

We don't call it rugby most of the time though, that's the problem. Channel Nine call it Friday Night Football, they have that on screen, and have 'Test Football' when they cover the Kangaroos. Most in Australia call it footy, sometimes football. Most in England call it Rugby League, most in N of England just say rugby. WHEREAS, for rugby union, their supporters call it rugby 95% of the time.

We need to come up with a name that our supporters use 95% of the time, how about georgeball? Obv. because of the George Hotel, but also because South Sydney was were born in a hall on George St.

But field hockey isn't a game for women you ignorant fxxker

My mother says it's a game for women, so it is. Do Russia, USA and Canada compete in, guys with a penis v guys with a penis, hockey?

I've heard of the England, Dutch, German, "Aussie" and Pakistani male hockey teams.

I wrote Aussie in inverted commas, as IMO they're English guys living in the wrong country. It's a total waste of time them living there.

Pommy

Coach
We don't call it rugby most of the time though, that's the problem. Channel Nine call it Friday Night Football, they have that on screen, and have 'Test Football' when they cover the Kangaroos. Most in Australia call it footy, sometimes football. Most in England call it Rugby League, most in N of England just say rugby. WHEREAS, for rugby union, their supporters call it rugby 95% of the time.

We need to come up with a name that our supporters use 95% of the time, how about georgeball? Obv. because of the George Hotel, but also because South Sydney was were born in a hall on George St.

Your from South Wales so I wouldn’t expect you to. In Cumbria where I’m from it’s Rugby.

thorson1987

Coach

derp

11.png

adamfroese.jpg

150713mt2rfh.jpg

You want to make yourself look like an even bigger moron than you already are?

StadiumXIII

Juniors

Southwalesrabbitoh and has an avatar of the panthers says it all. Merkin.