What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rebels reveal five-point survival plan

Bigfella

Coach
Maybe the better point may be "There are plenty of ex-players with their noses already in the trough, and we'd like to open it up to some fresh faces".

There have always been jobs for the boys at our club - but you have to be one of Dennis' boys.

It has been that way for a long time and people - mainly people who don't get invited into the inner circle - are sick of it.

One of the telling statements of the election for me was Ovo denying that ex-players are not welcome. He said words to the effect "They are always welcome in my box". To me that summarised everything that stinks about our joint. There is a small elite who have controlled the perks and trappings for so long they have a sense of entitlement to what is actually a communal club.

It seems some of their mates are having trouble adjusting to the challenge to what they have come to assume is theirs by right too... they also need to get over it.

Stagger eel

Staff member
just to slam the door shut on an urban myth, there's definitely more that do go than don't, in addition to C's list I can say that I've also seen Mark Laurie, Graeme Atkins and Neil Hunt there also.

Price and Kenny don't represent the majority of players and in saying that, being life members, they're also automatic season tickets holders and are given tickets every year to attend home games.

but more should be done about cellebrating the achievements of these guys on game days.

mickdo

Coach
Price and Kenny don't represent the majority of players and in saying that, being life members, they're also automatic season tickets holders and are given tickets every year to attend home games.

but more should be done about cellebrating the achievements of these guys on game days.

Absolutely

Parra Future

Juniors
Mate, don't hold your breath expecting clarification from 3P in this forum (or any other). There are libel and/or slander laws to consider when making assertions on the ability of people and this would cut very close to the wind IMO.

Thanks Emjaycee, your spot on. If I could answer, I would, but the above quote is correct.

TheRam

Coach
Cool, we will have to wait till after the April election then. Good luck.

Oh Col, just wondering, I don't know if it has already been asked but, when will we know the composition of the Leagues Club 3P ticket team.

Parra Future

Juniors
Cool, we will have to wait till after the April election then. Good luck.

Oh Col, just wondering, I don't know if it has already been asked but, when will we know the composition of the Leagues Club 3P ticket team.

I'm led to believe we will be announcing it around early Feb.

Suitman

Post Whore
Dennis is a has been and must go

Tbh, Denis has done his job at an admirable level for the past 30 years.
For that, I'd suggest that most Eels fans would agree.
There are though, it seems, as many Eels fans that would like to see him gone in a coup.
Let's not turn this into a sh*tfight about Denis considering his time is coming to an end.

Some might argue that it's not, but, tbh, it is.
The tide of opinion is turning.

He has done his job, lets move on. But lets not let our predjudice of his performance bag down his honour to the club.

Suity

The P Eel

Juniors
There are though, it seems, as many Eels fans that would like to see him gone in a coup.
Let's not turn this into a sh*tfight about Denis considering his time is coming to an end.

He has done his job, lets move on. But lets not let our predjudice of his performance bag down his honour to the club.

Suity

Well put Suity :clap:
The winds of change are blowing - but don't rat Denis - he has been a loyal servant to the eels whatever you might think.

The P Eel

Ron Jeremy

Coach

Suity

And what years were they Suity? late 80's early to late 90's perhaps? i'm sorry, but for the majority he has been very poor.

strider

Post Whore
oh - its good to see the real HJ back in action - just like old times ... :lol: :lol: :lol:

youngy

Juniors
:roll::D
Sorry guys, not that simple at this point in time. I could be wrong, but I am led to believe that any income that comes into the FC means that the grant from the LC is lowered by that same amount. E.G, The new boys pull $100k from new sponsor, automatically, $100k is decreased from LC grant. Could be wrong, but I think that is how it works. We would rather wait until taking the LC. After that, the grant would become fixed each year so that whatever additional money the FC brought in, that would be a bonus that they could utilise in whatever other areas they see fit. The LC would still support the FC 1000%, but would not punish it by making money on its own.

youngy

Juniors
Agree. The only source of income for the FC is membership dues (which is sweet FA), so it's about time more revenue streams were piped directly to the FC, and sponsorship is the best way to start. There must be plenty of smaller sponsors willing to put their names to the junior sides.

Youngy, can I (with all due respect) tell you to pull your head in?

You've made a total of 9 - count them, NINE - posts and two have them have been calling people a "pea brain"* and an "oxygen thief".

I'm gathering that you're somehow either aligned to 3P or have decided to become their cheerleader, but your rampant stupidity is reflecting negatively on the good work of the likes of Col.

If you want to post here, please contribute. At present, if you're not insulting people then you're just quoting other people and as such have contributed nothing except negativity.

Thanks in advance.

*NOTE: You used the word "pee" which I have replaced with "pea" due to the fact that the insult is meant to reflect the belief that the target has an unusually small brain, one the size of a "pea" and not that the target has a liquid brain that resembles urine or "pee". No need to thank me.

Last edited: