What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recruitment for 2012

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
I read somewhere he was already resigned to going somewhere else, and on his Twitter account was saying he was looking at options in Australia.

devoid

Juniors
I read somewhere he was already resigned to going somewhere else, and on his Twitter account was saying he was looking at options in Australia.

Yeah, he was told earlier he wouldn't be needed - but the rumour is Bluey has now offered him a contract and he hasn't received one from anywhere else.

devoid

Juniors
So, it appears Bluey has told Isaac John he is surplus to requirements... He is being linked to Wakefield at this stage. Money for upgrades? A lot of boys off contract at end of 2012.

(thanks to another poster pointing me to a different forum - you will remain nameless for now)

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
Can see Berrigan going, but cant see Billy going.
Reading on the Raiders forum, its Bill Tupou from the cowgirls.

NZ Warrior

First Grade
So, it appears Bluey has told Isaac John he is surplus to requirements... He is being linked to Wakefield at this stage. Money for upgrades? A lot of boys off contract at end of 2012.

(thanks to another poster pointing me to a different forum - you will remain nameless for now)

Ooohhh! It'll be interesting to hear what all you Bluey fans have to say about this.

Btw, I'm excited about Bluey coaching next year. I just don't think he's the 2nd coming of the Messiah, like some people on here do.

Tupou will be in Blueys Scope no doubt about that

The kids just needs more meat and D and he will be solid and have a complete skillsest

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Ooohhh! It'll be interesting to hear what all you Bluey fans have to say about this.

Btw, I'm excited about Bluey coaching next year. I just don't think he's the 2nd coming of the Messiah, like some people on here do.

What's there to say?

Johnson/Maloney are locked in, Godinet can back up either position, and barring any injur Tuimavavae will be in the succession plan should one of the three (most likely Maloney) move on at some stage.

As nice as depth is you can't keep them all, and if there's no real intention of using John then let him make his name elsewhere. If Johnson/Maloney went down at training this week, would John get a run ahead of Seymour, or even Godinet? He's surplus this year as well.

devoid

Juniors
re: Isaac John. If true, it is a good decision IMO. The cap can be put into retaining Maloney and/or Johnson - and it doesn't leave Isaac guessing. He could have been pointing around the Titans or Sharks easily this year.

Revelation 3:20

Juniors
My 2012 team:

1 KEVIN LOCKE
2 BILL TUPOU
3 JEROME ROPATI
4 KRISNAN INU
5 MANU VATUVEI
6 JAMES MALONEY
7 SHAUN JOHNSON
8 SAM RAPIRA
9 NATHAN FRIEND
10 JACOB LILLYMAN
11 FELETI MATEO
12 SIMON MANNERING (c)
13 MICHEAL LUCK
Interchange:
14 LEWIS BROWN
15 RUSSELL PACKER
16 BEN MATULINO
17 ELIJAH TAYLOR
20 STEVE RAPIRA

hitman82

Bench
My 2012 team:

1 KEVIN LOCKE
2 BILL TUPOU
3 KRISNAN INU
4 JEROME ROPATI
5 MANU VATUVEI
6 JAMES MALONEY
7 SHAUN JOHNSON
8 SAM RAPIRA
9 NATHAN FRIEND
10 RUSSELL PACKER
11 FELETI MATEO
12 SIMON MANNERING (c)
13 MICHEAL LUCK
Interchange:
14 UKUMA TA'AI
15 JACOB LILLYMAN
16 BEN MATULINO
17 ELIJAH TAYLOR

18 LEWIS BROWN

...THAT BENCH IS INSANE.

devoid

Juniors
I don't want to de-value what Michael Luck does, or what he brings to park for us each week, without fail, because the guy is an absolute champion and a true Warrior - but I will be disappointed if Elijah, Ukuma, and Steve Raps don't over take him next year. That has to be their goal.

Latest posts