What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Recruitment for 2012

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
In that case, would it be an ESL player? Bluey is not far removed from that scene, and would know more than Dean Bell as he was involved week in, week out for 3 years.

Cleary did the same from his time at the Roosters, signing Rovelli, Kirk and latterly Henderson from lower grades (I might be missing someone)

hitman82

Bench
^ not according to his Wiki. I'm hoping Bluey extends him another year - overall he's been a very solid performer for us, and the versatility would be welcome with Hohaia / Heremaia / Moon leaving.

@ PW: Yeah I've been hoping Bluey will use his history to lure a couple of ESL gems over for us. No idea who though. Any star wingers or centres for Leeds in the last 4 years that spring to mind?

ozbash

Referee
...so yeah, still pretty dodgy on the backs.

Manu always broken.
Ropati always broken.

Brown and Mannering inadequate as fulltime centres.

Berrigan and Moon leaving...

Inu.
Tupou.
Ivan Penehe?

Yeah surely we must be planning to sign someone or three...

Glen the Fish may be all the better/more mature for a year off, both have a year to go in the Juniors, but Omar and DJ Collier wouldnt look out of place in FG. There will be no fullback spot for Omar but he would be good cover.

Scott

Bench
Glen the Fish may be all the better/more mature for a year off, both have a year to go in the Juniors, but Omar and DJ Collier wouldnt look out of place in FG. There will be no fullback spot for Omar but he would be good cover.

Agreed on the Fish. Another off season under his belt, learning about playing ohter positiona and he should be somewhere in the 3/4 line next season.

Personally, I think he'd make a damn fine centre.

hitman82

Bench
Fish should hit the weights hard over the offseason, come back bigger and with positional nouse at centre, he could be a machine.

85kgs at 181cm is pretty skinny. With the right regime he could chuck 7 - 10kgs on that frame and still maintain enough pace for the outside backs. Then he'd be less injury prone and more destructive.

hitman82

Bench
So Fish has been touted as a possible centre, and Omar as a possible winger.

Does anyone have "solid" word on Berrigan? I know he's off contract, and also know that playing on Saturday would activate an optional second year on his contract with us.

I would like to see him re-signed.

billy2

Juniors
Con Mika - free to a good home (not wanted at the Knights, but young, has firstgrade experience, a Warriors junior, and pretty much in career best form).

Micistm

Bench
The fishman might be okay as a centre...killer speed but he's a bit fragile atm, would need some serious bulk up. Be great though, would love to see it.
Dunno about signings, I'm keen to see what Bluey does with our younger ones coming through

devoid

Juniors
Okay, here is one I hadn't heard before: don't how good this guy's source was, but I heard we are chasing Jack Reed.

Warmess

Juniors
Can't see that happening, but I'd be f**kin stoked if we managed to snare him. Seriously talented player, and from what I've seen plays a style that would suit us perfectly.

hitman82

Bench
Jack Reed, the Broncos player yeah? He's awesome!
However he is also a ginga. Do we really want our club to be associated with that kind of... thing?

I read we are seriously chasing Robbie Fruean from the Crusaders goonion team. 6 foot 3 and 110kgs, would make a nice solid centre for us. Haha

devoid

Juniors
Yeah, heard the Fruen rumour too - a reliable source that one. I like the thought of Jack Reed, but would doubt we could snare him. The same source said we tried for Willie Tonga, but he wanted far too much money. If anything, we can take heart knowing the the club are trying to find better than what we currently have.

Izz

Bench
I would love us to get Jack Reed. Be pretty unlikely though, i reckon. But damn he'd go well for us.

Latest posts