What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Red Dead Redemption 2

Big Pete

Referee
Chapter One is relatively slow. Lots of long horse rides filled with exposition and world building. This is a Rockstar trope, but at least in games like GTA you're driving down busy streets trying to find the right location - here it's mostly straight paths. All the missions as you'd expect are basic tutorials.

Chapter Two looks promising. The map opens up extensively and a lot of the customisation options become available.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
Chapter One is relatively slow. Lots of long horse rides filled with exposition and world building.

Yeah I found Chapter 1 pretty slow and tedious so hopefully it opens up in the 2nd chapter. I didn’t realise this was a prequel so seeing some of the same characters was a nice surprise.

Pommy

Coach
Yeah I found Chapter 1 pretty slow and tedious so hopefully it opens up in the 2nd chapter. I didn’t realise this was a prequel so seeing some of the same characters was a nice surprise.

You couldn’t really have a sequel as the Wild West was at an end after RDR.

So opinions?

As others have said chapter one was very slow but it was just a drawn out tutorial setting the basis of the story out.
Once the free world opened up I just spent an hour riding around getting in trouble and staring at the amazing graphics, got a canoe and played on the river.

Fire

First Grade
Haven't played my PS3 in five years since GTAV was released.

Might go and purchase a PS4 and RDR2 bundle soon...

Iafeta

Referee
The reviews are epic. I’ve got a preorder downloaded,when I get home I’ll be blowing outlaws heads clean off. Yehaa

shiznit

Coach
I know it’s irresponsible... but me and my 7yr old were having a blast today on it...

Stayed away from the story with as it wasn’t appropriate for the little guy but just riding around and hunting rabbits, deer and bears was so much fun... :joy::joy:

Storm13

Juniors
It's a cross between Red Dead 1 and Breath of the Wild. Been so much better after chapter 1 but I still feels like a PS3 game.

Exsilium

First Grade
I’m enjoying it.

Chapter one - Slow as f**k, put the game down at one point.

Pushed on.

Chapter two - Looks promising. I’ve been going off and building up the bank by selling stuff I’ve looted.

Will play some poker

shiznit

Coach
Geez that’s annoying, otherwise this is fantastic
I’m losing my hats so often I’m actually killing people for their hats... which raises my bounty...

The other annoying bloody thing is my bounty... I have a decent sized bounty for the dumbest shit ever...

Mostly for running into people with my horse if I go through town... ohh and accidentally stealing a horse... It looked like mine so I mounted it and then the wanted thingy came up and I realised my horse was the brown horse on the other side of the street... :joy::joy:

abpanther

Staff member
I only just started yesterday, just did the first train heist so should finish up the opening chapter soon and get to enjoy the world opening up.

I'm enjoying it, really like the hunting and the ability to see tracks and where your scent is going, little details like that are cool. I also really like the slow motion head shot animations.

There's a lot to learn even from part 1, I'm still getting used to the core stamina and health, I haven't really used many items other that drinking booze and smoking cigars haha

I do like how they've tried to make it more realistic though with needing to eat food, not being able to call your horse from anywhere, etc. Feels good to smash down a few cans of kidney beans while working hard haha

Last edited:

jargan83

Coach
I’m losing my hats so often I’m actually killing people for their hats... which raises my bounty...

The other annoying bloody thing is my bounty... I have a decent sized bounty for the dumbest shit ever...

Mostly for running into people with my horse if I go through town... ohh and accidentally stealing a horse... It looked like mine so I mounted it and then the wanted thingy came up and I realised my horse was the brown horse on the other side of the street... :joy::joy:

$120 bounty for stealing a train, went up to $140 after a dog ran out in front of me town so that was a “disturbing the peace” charge.

An NPC on a horse ran into me when I was stationary and started shooting at me, so I killed him in self defence and then had to murder 5 people that would have been witnesses.

Latest posts