What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

REd V Forum Tonight (Thurs)

Godz Illa

Coach
And onto a side point... my understanding is that this is the first time almost 20 years that the League's management has sent representatives out to a public meeting at St George. The last time they were present was in 1995 when the supporters were rallying against the merger with Easts. So gauging the fans' reaction to the home ground decisions must be fairly high on the NRL's to do list. Take from that what you will, but in my opinion there must be some concern that the fans - ie the game's major stakeholders - are not all buying into the rhetoric.
Absolutely. The NRL have been used as a shield in all the recent unpopular shifts away from our real homes. Apparently it was an "NRL request" last year to move the Tigers game to the SCG, when the "Right game, right venue" strategy was announced, the carefully stage-managed press release by the club included glowing appraisals from the NRL Chief Executive, and now the appearance of NRL officials at the club's Red V member forum for this first time.

Jubileeboy

First Grade
Absolutely. The NRL have been used as a shield in all the recent unpopular shifts away from our real homes. Apparently it was an "NRL request" last year to move the Tigers game to the SCG, when the "Right game, right venue" strategy was announced, the carefully stage-managed press release by the club included glowing appraisals from the NRL Chief Executive, and now the appearance of NRL officials at the club's Red V member forum for this first time.

It's their game and they decide who plays it.

Super League II ? :)

Father Ted

First Grade
What I found interesting was that the supporter base was "Churning". Not a good thing and something they must be concerned about.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Last edited:

DF4E

Juniors
In relation to the ground allocations all I can say is it has ruined the whole experience for my family.
I became a red v member 15 years ago and after a few years decided to add my wife and 2 kids so we could travel to Kogarah each game and enjoy the atmosphere. Not just the atmosphere inside the ground but the experience of parking the car and walking to the ground through the suburban streets amongst the numerous dragon jerseys. Even before you walked into the ground you felt like you were apart of something. Once in the ground it was like you were all one cheering on your team.
Sitting at the SCG it felt like we were at Souths home game, our seat allocations had us sitting amongst Dragon and South supporters. We were so far away from the ground it was ridiculous. The whole experience left my family feeling disappointed and questioning whether or not we should renew next year. So when the club looks at the financial benefits of moving these games to bigger venues think about how many red v members, therefore income, you may lose as a result of this decision.

pinkmoon

Juniors
But there is some good news on the horizon....

Fans will be able to purchase $3 Chiko Rolls at Homebush during a special Mothers Day promotion. As it is a Bulldogs co-home game, these will be fried slowly to avoid the batter being so crisp it can be used as a cosh on unsuspecting rival fans.

pure gold :lol:

jenninga

First Grade
In relation to the ground allocations all I can say is it has ruined the whole experience for my family.
I became a red v member 15 years ago and after a few years decided to add my wife and 2 kids so we could travel to Kogarah each game and enjoy the atmosphere. Not just the atmosphere inside the ground but the experience of parking the car and walking to the ground through the suburban streets amongst the numerous dragon jerseys. Even before you walked into the ground you felt like you were apart of something. Once in the ground it was like you were all one cheering on your team.
Sitting at the SCG it felt like we were at Souths home game, our seat allocations had us sitting amongst Dragon and South supporters. We were so far away from the ground it was ridiculous. The whole experience left my family feeling disappointed and questioning whether or not we should renew next year. So when the club looks at the financial benefits of moving these games to bigger venues think about how many red v members, therefore income, you may lose as a result of this decision.

This is so true,walking to the ground is part of the build up of game day experience.The SCG game was as soulless as you could get.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
The crowds are low because the muppet is in charge. Get rid of him any everyone will flock to the grounds. Playing the way they did past 2 season has had more of an impact in crowds than wnything else. Every Dragons supporter I speak to is pi$$$ed of and has not attended because of this.

Last year the muppet did not turn up to the Forum and poor Dousty had to face the music. The muppet did not have the ball$ to show some sort of passion that he is hurting and trying to dig us out of it. Did not want to show he was hungry for the job and wanted to keep it no matter what and most of all prove us wrong that he can coach. Tell us his plans to fix things. Anything. Instead he was a no show and Dousty, Gaz and Wendell sat there saying they still thought he was good enough for the job.

And if all reports are true that he was told not to turn up because of that barrage of criticism he will cop then that is disrespecting the fans as they then prove to us that they know he is stuffing up and rather than do something about it just try to avoid or cover up the situation until it goes away.

jenninga

First Grade
The crowds are low because the muppet is in charge. Get rid of him any everyone will flock to the grounds. Playing the way they did past 2 season has had more of an impact in crowds than wnything else. Every Dragons supporter I speak to is pi$$$ed of and has not attended because of this.

Last year the muppet did not turn up to the Forum and poor Dousty had to face the music. The muppet did not have the ball$ to show some sort of passion that he is hurting and trying to dig us out of it. Did not want to show he was hungry for the job and wanted to keep it no matter what and most of all prove us wrong that he can coach. Tell us his plans to fix things. Anything. Instead he was a no show and Dousty, Gaz and Wendell sat there saying they still thought he was good enough for the job.

And if all reports are true that he was told not to turn up because of that barrage of criticism he will cop then that is disrespecting the fans as they then prove to us that they know he is stuffing up and rather than do something about it just try to avoid or cover up the situation until it goes away.

I commend him for not turning up,because it would have been a waste of time for everyone.Doust is the one who the heat should be turned on,where the decisions are made.
Honestly do you really think abusing Price there would have been beneficial.
We are all frustrated and it is up to the club to make the call.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
If that was me I would have turned up np matter what. Not only show some respect to the fans but show that I am not giving up and am sticking by my players. Take full responsibility and tell the fans that it is unacceptable and I plan to fix it. Just like any proper coach / manager would. I am sure Hasler, Belamy or Bennett would not have stayed away.

jenninga

First Grade
If that was me I would have turned up np matter what. Not only show some respect to the fans but show that I am not giving up and am sticking by my players. Take full responsibility and tell the fans that it is unacceptable and I plan to fix it. Just like any proper coach / manager would. I am sure Hasler, Belamy or Bennett would not have stayed away.

So by not showing up it means he couldn't care less about the players or the club.Doubt it,of course he's doing his best.
Besides if he did turn up he will just tell everyone he wants the Dragons to be the benchmark ,play Dragons footy and wants to pull someones pants down by the end of the season.

Old Bull

Juniors
So by not showing up it means he couldn't care less about the players or the club.Doubt it,of course he's doing his best.
Besides if he did turn up he will just tell everyone he wants the Dragons to be the benchmark ,play Dragons footy and wants to pull someones pants down by the end of the season.

Old Bull

Juniors
Doust will run these meetings as he wants control of everything that's why Price was at Wagga Races on Thursday.