What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"Red V, Minties jersey, butchers stripes...."

campbo

Juniors
I remember the first time Brisbane wore those aqua jerseys. It was at Penrith around origin time and the crowd started a NSW! NSW! chant. Gordie had a good laugh when that started.

RL1908

Bench
Thanks for the comments all.

Some other obvious ones are Newtown's Bluebags and Glebe's Dirty Reds.

axl rose

Bench
I recall it being called the lime splice
pine-lime_splice2.png

Because they always melted under pressure.

Ron's_Mate

Bench
What do Souths and Freddie Kruger have in common? They can only achieve anything in their dreams.
:lol: Very good
Also, the original Freddie Kruger film "A Nightmare on Elm Street" was so popular that it became a franchise with 9 films made so far. Likewise the original LOL@50uff$ thread is now in its 4th installment and likely to keep growing for many years to come.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
:lol: Very good
Also, the original Freddie Kruger film "A Nightmare on Elm Street" was so popular that it became a franchise with 9 films made so far. Likewise the original LOL@50uff$ thread is now in its 4th installment and likely to keep growing for many years to come.

Souths last 40 seasons have been called Nightmare on Struggle Street.

RL1908

Bench
What about the "Tiger Stripes" of the original Balmain jersey?

That's an interesting example - the "Tigers" name at Balmain didn't really catch on until the 1930s, and there are numerous other clubs around the globe with black & gold colours, but not hoops, that also came to be called Tigers.

flippikat

Bench
Dunno if anyone else calls the current Warriors home jersey the "Wetsuit" but that's what I call it - mind you, I've heard it referred to as "that horrible template"...

Latest posts