What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"Red V, Minties jersey, butchers stripes...."

Liam

Juniors
:lol: Very good
Also, the original Freddie Kruger film "A Nightmare on Elm Street" was so popular that it became a franchise with 9 films made so far. Likewise the original LOL@50uff$ thread is now in its 4th installment and likely to keep growing for many years to come.

Also like Souffs, the Nightmare on Elm Street movies were good at the start untill they gradually descended to a cruel joke that never ends. Then they have a reboot which looks promising but ends up being absolute shithouse.

Ron's_Mate

Bench
raiders04.jpg
gay222.jpg

A bald guy would look pretty funny wearing that.

That's an interesting example - the "Tigers" name at Balmain didn't really catch on until the 1930s, and there are numerous other clubs around the globe with black & gold colours, but not hoops, that also came to be called Tigers.

Pretty sure I remember reading somewhere (probably rl1908..!) that although the name of the Tigers didn't catch on until the 30's, there was an informal nickname of the Balmain side of the boys in the Tiger Stripes, and that led onto the official Tiger name? Along with the other nicknames of the day, such as Watersiders and one to do with playing out of Birchgrove?

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
The Tigers jumper from 1995 (as Sydney Tigers - the one with the purple stripe) was commonly known as "What the f**k?"

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Also, in 1967, Cronulla was planning to have the colours Brown and white. I think it was a link to the colours of their life saving team or something like that.

When Penrith unveiled Brown and white, Cronulla had to change, They went with Blue Black and white and I believe their Surf Lifesaving club adopted the colours as well.

The Engineers Room

First Grade
The Wests Tigers first or second jersey just called it the mess. Crazy stripes everywhere.

The Eels had a purple one called the M&Ms jersey.

Also the Eels had a blue and pink one that we all cheered for Newcastle.

The Wests Tigers first or second jersey just called it the mess. Crazy stripes everywhere.

The Eels had a purple one called the M&Ms jersey.

Also the Eels had a blue and pink one that we all cheered for Newcastle.

The Parra M&M's one was light blue, the purple and yellow one that you mention was done for the Starlight Foundation in 2002/03ish.

Most of the Wests Tigers jerseys have been a mess..... :shock:

greg

Juniors
Also, in 1967, Cronulla was planning to have the colours Brown and white. I think it was a link to the colours of their life saving team or something like that.

When Penrith unveiled Brown and white, Cronulla had to change, They went with Blue Black and white and I believe their Surf Lifesaving club adopted the colours as well.

Other way around I think madunit. Cronulla were beaten to the brown/white by Penrith and so adopted the colours of the surf club (blue/black/white). Good choice I would say.

siv

First Grade
So what do Dragions supporters call teh Black and Red Bears jersey they wore in teh Charity Shield ?

roofromoz

First Grade
The 'zebra roadkill' jersey worn during Superleague (and the first 2 seasons in the NRL) - unanimously voted amongst Panthers fans as the worst ever jersey...

alexander97.JPG

Latest posts