What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Red V Podcast

jackyboi90

Juniors
Curtis and Dean are back for Episode 168 of the Red V Podcast. Reviewing the team's big win against the Dolphins, latest news on Jaydn Su'a, Kezie Apps and we ask if the Dragons should look at Jack Wighton

denis preston

First Grade
Steelers jersey as the away strip, simple. Our home jersey as the St George Illawarra Dragons is the Red V, no doubt. Playing in the steelers kit in the gong is more a token piece than an actual acknowledgement, but having it as our away strip truly embraces both sides of the joint venture and shows a united club moving forward. Home ground should be WIN, wearing the Red V. I don't get why there is any conjecture whatsoever about wearing the Steelers kit as our away jersey though. Not only does it recognise the Steelers and their important part in our history, but it's a pretty nice jersey too.
So not wearing the red v for halve the season ? Your kidding. the Steelers went bust remember ?

Parko1310

Juniors
So not wearing the red v for halve the season ? Your kidding. the Steelers went bust remember ?
We don't even wear our away jersey in half of our games now, so no that's not what I said. I said it should be our official away jersey though, how is that such a big deal? St George traditionalism is one of the big reasons our club remains stagnant in mediocrity. I'm a big fan of acknowledging the history of St George AND Illawarra, not just choosing to ignore it. News flash, but the club is not called the St George Dragons anymore. The sooner people move on the better, the club will be better off for it.

The colours of the Steelers jersey are essentially St George's colours anyway, it really is not some sort of huge statement to be wearing a Steelers jersey, it's an acknowledgement of the club's history. If people don't want to acknowledge the Illawarra, then shall we also forego the juniors coming out of there? There isn't a single junior that's come out of St George in this team by the way. Or should we just choose to acknowledge Illawarra when it suits the St George traditionalists who won't claim the Illawarra as "ours" but will conveniently claim the juniors coming out of there as ours.

Just as a smaller thing, can you honestly tell me you prefer this year's and the previous year's alternate strip to the Illawarra commemorative strip we wore against Canberra last year? You're having a laugh if you honestly think it's more appealing.

Crush

Coach
Curtis and Dean doing a great job of filling in for Jack, Curtis seems like a bloke that would be great to have a beer with at the pub.
I listen to both the red v pod and the propaganda pod each week and have to say I enjoy the real one better (red v podcast)
The propaganda pod gives some interesting insight with the player interviews but the rose coloured glasses that the host is wearing is beyond ridiculous.
Keep it up Jack, Curtis and Dean and thanks for keeping it real.

jackyboi90

Juniors

Jack returns to join Curtis and sift through the fall out from another poor display from the club on Sunday.

The boys chat about the controversial droppings of Lomax, Couchman and Liddle and ask what game is Griffin playing?
What direction is the club going? Why are management not holding underperforming people to task?

Review the Bulldogs game with a focus on the pedestrian attack, Griffin's gameplans, Hunt's poor form and how the side looks so loss.

Plus latest Dragon's news, Tigers match preview, this day in Dragons history, Who Am I, Lower grade wrap and lots more

redVinme

Bench
Normally love listening fellas but too depressed to at the moment. In no way is that a reflection on you guys either.
Footy should never make you feel like that my guy. If it's these assholes on the field, then I can say better times are coming soon.... absolutely.

If it's anything else feel free to reach out as I'm sure there would be many myself included happy to lend an ear.

TheRev

First Grade
It was unfortunate podcast timing, tuesday selection night was peak depression.. wednesday we were more optimistic with the rumoured spine changes.. but then wednesday night we realise that maybe the change would only be for part of the game... but hey atleast there is something to be excited about for Sunday.

Dragons4me

Juniors
Footy should never make you feel like that my guy. If it's these assholes on the field, then I can say better times are coming soon.... absolutely.

If it's anything else feel free to reach out as I'm sure there would be many myself included happy to lend an ear.

Thankyou.

Or should we just choose to acknowledge Illawarra when it suits the St George traditionalists who won't claim the Illawarra as "ours" but will conveniently claim the juniors coming out of there as ours.
I am in that camp and I make no apology for it.
Personally our away jumper should be a mirror image of our home one but with different colors. That is a white V on a red background.