What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Redcliffe Dolphins recruitment targets

Puff

First Grade
Your two young development props in Jackson & Waqa go well.

RYAN JACKSON

Front Row for Queensland in the under-19s Origin.

We talking this Jackson? I think that's the plan with these kids, keep the old heads to get these guys through this year, while to pressure to win is off. And build for the year after, and the one after that.

PhinsUp889

Juniors
Mam is the one I wanted even before his GF heroics. We should be throwing the kitchen sink at him and even if it comes up short it might flush out another from the Broncos, who doesn’t necessarily want to leave Brisbane (the city), and now they don’t have to.

Big Pete

Referee
Mam is set to sign a three year contract extension at the Broncos, so Dolphins will have to look elsewhere.

Only just came across Keeley when I was putting all the 2024 squads together. As others have pointed out, he's a real workhorse type of player that can add to the engine room at the Dolphins.

Have to be patient with Jackson and Waqa. If Jackson does make it, I can't see him being a regular until 2025 ideally. Similar story with Waqa - he's only 18 if he does make the step up it should only be for a game or two.

Dolphins have to continue to be smart with their recruitment as they ease their juniors into grade. By 2028 they should be in a position where they're self sufficient, but until then they just have to buy the right players. Flegler, Farnworth, Averillo etc. is a great start.

MugaB

Coach
Would be great if Milford could find a start somewhere else and free up a spot. Anybody, would be better.
Reported today, milford is being scouted for UK Leigh Leopards, dolphins wnt stand in his way if he gets that contract during season '24

Puff

First Grade
Reported today, milford is being scouted for UK Leigh Leopards, dolphins wnt stand in his way if he gets that contract during season '24
Interesting, Lam from memory plays for them and is looking to come back to Aust. With milf going that way, could we be looking at Lam?

Just a thought.

I could be wrong about the club, if so apologies.

isaiah

Bench

RYAN JACKSON

Front Row for Queensland in the under-19s Origin.

We talking this Jackson? I think that's the plan with these kids, keep the old heads to get these guys through this year, while to pressure to win is off. And build for the year after, and the one after that.
and a steal in the knights youngster who could lead this nrl pack into the next decade. captain of 2022 nsw u19's

Puff

First Grade
Thanks Johnsy.

Youth pick ups mixed with some hard heads. Future planning.

I would still like a leader in the halves.

League guru

Juniors
Thanks Johnsy.

Youth pick ups mixed with some hard heads. Future planning.

I would still like a leader in the halves.
Any suggestions on who this "leader in the halves" is that you would like to sign? Half the clubs in the premiership are also looking for one.

League guru

Juniors
Kleese Haas (Titans) apparently wants to test the market. Staying in Brisbane may be attractive to him, would be a good depth signing with potential.

Puff

First Grade
Dearden still not signed.

Please correct me if I am wrong, Cowboys have offered him $500k a year?

Damn Wayne, offer him $650 a year and call it a day.

Puff

First Grade
Who goes first to announce who they are signing, that they have talked to prior to nov 1