What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Redcliffe Signing

cheese

Bench
Jeezus christ.

Wtf

You mean we actually got a young bloke that can play?!

Wtf

Some of those hits were farkin ridiculous ....and that try close to the line was touch footy magic

hmmm ...is that my mangina tingling?! back in 2-3mins

Phoenix 36

Juniors
I reffed him in a arrive alive game last year and while small in stature he packs quite a punch. Also has a bit of an attitude which he will need to curb.

carcharias

Immortal
Phoenix 36 said:
I reffed him in a arrive alive game last year and while small in stature he packs quite a punch. Also has a bit of an attitude which he will need to curb.
short man syndrome?

Phoenix 36 said:

I look at it the other way, maybe having a bit of attitude will rub off on the rest, if he can get under the skin of the opposition and back it up all the better, look how many times you see O'Meley,Mason & Hodges, get the opponents off there game, with there attitude, if your good enough to back it up, let him use it

Inferno

Coach
sydneysharkbrisbane68 said:
I look at it the other way, maybe having a bit of attitude will rub off on the rest, if he can get under the skin of the opposition and back it up all the better, look how many times you see O'Meley,Mason & Hodges, get the opponents off there game, with there attitude, if your good enough to back it up, let him use it

True, unless your attitude is aimed at the Ref, that is one battle you willl never win.

The Nulla

Juniors
Looks very promising. Hopefully he has a big first half of the season and pushes for 1st grade selection. Does look like the kid has an attitude but im sure Ricky and friends will be able to control and get through to the kid... something Raper would struggle to do.

Its also good to know he is running Cronulla at the present time.

And wtf is ADDY? he loves anything ADDY?

The Nulla said:
Looks very promising. Hopefully he has a big first half of the season and pushes for 1st grade selection. Does look like the kid has an attitude but im sure Ricky and friends will be able to control and get through to the kid... something Raper would struggle to do.

Its also good to know he is running Cronulla at the present time.

And wtf is ADDY? he loves anything ADDY?

I'm not quite sure why Ricky Stuart is being looked upon as being some sort of mesiah or god.

This is the same coach that didn't get his team to the semi's two years running even though most predicted that with the talent at his disposal in each of those seasons he should've got the side into the top 4 minimum.

As for sorting out our halves dilemma. How did he go with the same sort of situation with the Roosters last year???? Answer = Shocking!!!!

And if you think he has a magic wand to curb bad attitudes, does the following names ring a bell; Chris Walker, Justin Hodges, Michael Crocker, Eric Grothe Junior, Brett Finch etc. etc. ???????????

He couldn't change them so he punted them.

Guess his final solution to this young bloke would be to punt him too?????

Justin Hodges under Wayne Bennett last year was very different to Justin Hodges under Ricky Stuart.............

bluey

Bench
Hodges was smart enough to realise not to muck around with bennett as he had done before he went to the roosters and found himself in Clydesdale colors.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Dragon Slayer said:
I'm not quite sure why Ricky Stuart is being looked upon as being some sort of mesiah or god.

This is the same coach that didn't get his team to the semi's two years running even though most predicted that with the talent at his disposal in each of those seasons he should've got the side into the top 4 minimum.
who said that? I alwyas thought they over acheived myself because they carried a lot of average players.
Dragon Slayer said:
As for sorting out our halves dilemma. How did he go with the same sort of situation with the Roosters last year???? Answer = Shocking!!!!
Actuallay he went very well in a rebuilding year & unearthed signed some great halves for the that club. Also managed to sign to that club the most sought after emerging junior in league & union.
Dragon Slayer said:
And if you think he has a magic wand to curb bad attitudes, does the following names ring a bell; Chris Walker, Justin Hodges, Michael Crocker, Eric Grothe Junior, Brett Finch etc. etc. ???????????
I actually think Walker Hodges crocker & finch tried their guts out every time they played.

Dragon Slayer said:
He couldn't change them so he punted them.
Did he?

Dragon Slayer said:
Guess his final solution to this young bloke would be to punt him too?????
Im guessing that would be most coaches final solution.
Dragon Slayer said:
Justin Hodges under Wayne Bennett last year was very different to Justin Hodges under Ricky Stuart.............
For once you are correct. Only it had nothing to do with attitude but more to his complete knee reco healing enough for him to get totally fit & back to near top speed. A recovery which he is still ennduring.

blacktip-reefy said:
who said that? I alwyas thought they over acheived myself because they carried a lot of average players.
Really??? Is that why they had one or two byes before SOO in past years!!!
If you looked at predicted top eight lists from league journos you would've seen the Roosters in the top 4 in most lists in the past few years.

Actuallay he went very well in a rebuilding year & unearthed signed some great halves for the that club. Also managed to sign to that club the most sought after emerging junior in league & union. I don't rate coming second last in a rebuilding year as doing very well. Neither did Nick Politis........ And I was referring to the Soward,Finch & Anasta circus. Mitchell Pearce and Josh Lewis are great young halves but he didn't have much to do with their development. They were already highly regarded before they came to the club.

I actually think Walker Hodges crocker & finch tried their guts out every time they played. Crocker played his guts out. But had a terrible discipline record on and off the field. As for Hodges and Walker they were both complete failures as players at the Roosters. And their attitudes on and off the field had a big thing to do with it.

Did he? The players knew Ricky didn't want them. Sacked, pushed, cold shoulder, no contract offer etc etc. Take your pick!

For once you are correct. Only it had nothing to do with attitude but more to his complete knee reco healing enough for him to get totally fit & back to near top speed. A recovery which he is still ennduring. Yes, definately knee injuries take time to get right. But his attitude at the Roosters and at the Broncos is vastly different.

Ricky Stuart is definately being put on a pedestal very early on in here.
Ricky will do this and Ricky will do that and that won't happen under Ricky.

Let's just say his last two years at the Roosters was very poor considering he pretty much purchased who he wanted. Didn't get them into the eight in two consecutive years.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
You know nothing about hodges & what went on with him at the roosters. his attitude has not changed a bit at either club. Only difference now, is he isnt home sick.
lewis , soward & pearce are all at the club because Ricky signed them. he told them they would get starts in first grade last year.
Crocker, Morley, and co all had poor discipline on the field. perhaps that was due to the intensity of the Rorters structure which got an under rated team to 4 grand finals. They were fringe top 8 team at best, but Sticky galvanised them into a fierce defensive unit.
There is nothing wrong with Chris walker , he is a nice bloke who is still castigated for errors he made as a 20 year old.

Ricky Stuart is the strongest & most comprehensive coaching team the Sharks have ever had & possibly the best in the NRL at present. What ever pedestal or whatever you want to call it, is completely deserved.
your opinion to the contrary is further proof to that.

blacktip-reefy said:
You know nothing about hodges & what went on with him at the roosters. his attitude has not changed a bit at either club. Only difference now, is he isnt home sick.
lewis , soward & pearce are all at the club because Ricky signed them. he told them they would get starts in first grade last year.
Crocker, Morley, and co all had poor discipline on the field. perhaps that was due to the intensity of the Rorters structure which got an under rated team to 4 grand finals. Any team with Brad Fittler in it is definately not underated!!!!

They were fringe top 8 team at best Oh please!!!!! ,but Sticky galvanised them into a fierce defensive unit.

There is nothing wrong with Chris walker , he is a nice bloke who is still castigated for errors he made as a 20 year old. He only made a goose of himself at age 20?????????

Ricky Stuart is the strongest & most comprehensive coaching team the Sharks have ever had & possibly the best in the NRL at present. What ever pedestal or whatever you want to call it, is completely deserved. He might be successful at the Sharks. We will have to wait and see. We had a coach with a better bio than Ricky who found it hard to work with Sharks management. Interesting enough Anderson will pretty much have the same squad that Ricky had last year at the Roosters. Let's see what Anderson does with the Roosters....

your opinion to the contrary is further proof to that. All I have stated is that I think are few in here are getting a bit too overly excited with the arrival of Ricky Stuart until we see some results. Because Ricky has had a couple of lean years without Brad Fittler as the captain of the team he coaches.

If Ricky Stuart can attract some marquee signings to the club I'm sure every Sharks supporter will be very grateful for his arrival. We damn well need some in the backline!!

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
yes we all know how staunch of a supporter of Anderson you were. perhaps you will follow the Rorters with a little more than passing interest now that your hero is working again.

For the record, Anderson will have a much better squad than Sticky did last year & they wont make the 8.
In fact, I predict Anderson wont see the year out & fittler will take over.

coolumsharkie

Referee
Sponsers love him. He's not the current Australian coach for no reason.He's brought some very influential and high profile business people to the table which of course could lead to some real changes in the way the club is run.

Time will tell but so far he's kicked a few goals, so it's hard not to get a little bit excited considering what barrel we were looking down at the end of last season. Ultimately the success of the football team is the be all and end all but if he influences some much needed changes at higher levels then I won't be too disappointed.

I also think we have a very good side,the forwards look great. The question that remains is the way he uses our halves and what he can get out of an inexperienced backline.

I still don't think I'll be attending church this year though.

coolumsharkie said:
Sponsers love him. He's not the current Australian coach for no reason.He's brought some very influential and high profile business people to the table which of course could lead to some real changes in the way the club is run.

Time will tell but so far he's kicked a few goals, so it's hard not to get a little bit excited considering what barrel we were looking down at the end of last season. Ultimately the success of the football team is the be all and end all but if he influences some much needed changes at higher levels then I won't be too disappointed.
I think that really is the key. Some of the clowns on the board definately need to step aside and make way for some influential and smart businessman. People that can concentrate and focus on providing the necessary resources for the Football Club but don't interfere with the coaches job. If Ricky and his manager recommend people they should definately be approached and then compared to what is currently offered by certain board members. Should take about a minute to work out which way to go......

I also think we have a very good side,the forwards look great. The question that remains is the way he uses our halves and what he can get out of an inexperienced backline.

I still don't think I'll be attending church this year though.

I don't think it's a bad decision to have Ricky Stuart as the Sharks coach.
But he doesn't have a magic wand.
He will only be able to take this current roster to a certain level.
He needs to recruit some big name players next season and/or high quality young blokes. How much the current board and and their practices have to change for that to happen we will have to wait and see. Barry Pierce has to recognise that what happened in so many areas of the club in the past few years has been a complete shambles and he could do alot worse than to follow through suggestions from Ricky and his manager. And if Ricky can't deliver? Then it's probably curtins for his coaching career and Brad Fittler will be looked upon even more so for delivering the Roosters the success they had whilst he was a player there.

Roosters_187

Juniors
Hey guys, Im a redcliffe bloke. I posted on here a while ago that his sharks contract got torn up but as it turns out that didnt happen he just got an official warning. Also 10 points to some1 who guesses why he is so short considering his dad is a large bloke and his mum is of noirmal size. Pretty good player will be in the 9 when he plays

Roosters_187 said:
Hey guys, Im a redcliffe bloke. I posted on here a while ago that his sharks contract got torn up but as it turns out that didnt happen he just got an official warning. Also 10 points to some1 who guesses why he is so short considering his dad is a large bloke and his mum is of noirmal size. Pretty good player will be in the 9 when he plays

Didn't eat his vegetables?

Inferno

Coach
Dragon Slayer said:
I don't think it's a bad decision to have Ricky Stuart as the Sharks coach.
But he doesn't have a magic wand.
He will only be able to take this current roster to a certain level.
He needs to recruit some big name players next season and/or high quality young blokes. How much the current board and and their practices have to change for that to happen we will have to wait and see. Barry Pierce has to recognise that what happened in so many areas of the club in the past few years has been a complete shambles and he could do alot worse than to follow through suggestions from Ricky and his manager. And if Ricky can't deliver? Then it's probably curtins for his coaching career and Brad Fittler will be looked upon even more so for delivering the Roosters the success they had whilst he was a player there.

I doubt that to be honest. No one is expecting him to succeed, and we have never riched the the top of the mountain before, so why should Sticky be singled out as the only reason we failed?

He would have more than a few clubs chasing him, both here and abroad.