What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Redevelopment of Jubilee

Rod Coil

Juniors
Council , has a hair brained idea to convert the stadium to some multipurpose sporting and recreation centre including a pool . But they want the NSW government pay for it! They closed Carrs Park pool - as it had ‘structural issues’ and have been trying to get this Kogarah idea approved ever since…
Yep. They also have a hair brained proposal to put the pool at Todd Park as well. They are spreading their bets, with both needing extra govt funding to proceed. All the while Carss Park pool is let go & deteriorates beyond repair. A council/Kevin Greene masterclass in greed & stupidity.

possm

Coach
Council , has a hair brained idea to convert the stadium to some multipurpose sporting and recreation centre including a pool . But they want the NSW government pay for it! They closed Carrs Park pool - as it had ‘structural issues’ and have been trying to get this Kogarah idea approved ever since…
Kogarah Council is very short-sighted, as a modern well-designed stadium could be a big attraction to fans from within Sydney, interstate, and internationally.

A 30,000-seat stadium with a retractable roof, underground parking, rail, and bus station plus the close proximity to Mascot Airport, would m;ake this an ideal stadium for many users; including St George Illawarra NRL events.

Re-locate the school, incorporate leagues club property, and have an inbuilt Leagues Club within the complex.

Trifili13

Juniors
Kogarah Council is very short-sighted, as a modern well-designed stadium could be a big attraction to fans from within Sydney, interstate, and internationally.

A 30,000-seat stadium with a retractable roof, underground parking, rail, and bus station plus the close proximity to Mascot Airport, would m;ake this an ideal stadium for many users; including St George Illawarra NRL events.

Re-locate the school, incorporate leagues club property, and have an inbuilt Leagues Club within the complex.
While I like your enthusiasm Possm, I would be astonished if any govt is thinking of such a development, let alone doing the sums of what it would cost. While it is great to fantasize about a new stadium with a roof and associated transport links, what politician is going to relocate a school to get this done and pay for something that would cost $1bn+, just for 5 or 6 Dragon's games a year? And don't say other sports could use it as not going to happen. Sydney FC are moving back to the new SFS, the Gummies are redeveloping their ground and rugby don't attract a crowd. Political suicide in my view.

Dragon David

First Grade
Now Stuart Ayres wants to spent 450M on a new Penrith Stadium. That wont leave much for any other stadium. Who is running this state?
Doesn't surprise me. All of these top clubs getting the best for their locale. Kogarah could be a thing of the past. We don't do well playing there anyway.

BBTB

Juniors
While I like your enthusiasm Possm, I would be astonished if any govt is thinking of such a development, let alone doing the sums of what it would cost. While it is great to fantasize about a new stadium with a roof and associated transport links, what politician is going to relocate a school to get this done and pay for something that would cost $1bn+, just for 5 or 6 Dragon's games a year? And don't say other sports could use it as not going to happen. Sydney FC are moving back to the new SFS, the Gummies are redeveloping their ground and rugby don't attract a crowd. Political suicide in my view.
Yes lets all thank "News LIMITED ". They are single handedly ruining Rugby League.With there orchestrating of games for "Ratings " on Foxsport.
That's what the Superleague
was all about, gaining control of Rugby League. People won't go to games to watch the "crap" the cheating referees are dishing up week after week. Absolute Garbage.

Now Stuart Ayres wants to spent 450M on a new Penrith Stadium. That wont leave much for any other stadium. Who is running this state?
they want to buy penrith paceway, build a bankwest there and then find a new paceway

thats alota money

bout half the spend!
Morrison wants to win the the election, just a coincidence that his crooked NSW mates have joined in, I cannot wait for a federal ICAC after his mob are kicked out of office this month.
CC
This hasnt got heaos to do with morrison. he's gonna lose anyway