What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Redneck Redfaces 2

POPEYE

Coach
Killing a flock of birds with one stone here, the reason I gave up following NSW at about the same time Wally finished with Qld is the same reason I don't watch footy shows or imagine that media can teach me something about the game. The Qld SOO team selection is the closest thing you'll get to sanity, NSW footy politics is far more dangerous to itself than Qld ever was and the media thinks a dumb working man's game only need be analysed and portrayed by the bottom feeders of their profession

Didn't have to look far for a prime example of everything I just wrote, Dean Richie writes that Pearce is likely to be given the #6 and Hodkinson the #7, I didn't read any further, I've got a neck injury and shaking my head is not good. Don't get me wrong, that combination may work, not tested, not expected to upset a mere working man's intellect, not f**king likely . . . but people are expected to pay to read

Looking at the table we have 4 teams on 14 points, 5/10, 5/8 and 2/6 so we have the makings of a competition that doesn't deserve to be f**ked over by Origin, it's politics or pay the wages of people who don't understand that a vast number of us aren't as stupid as they imagine.

Origin is understandably the pinnacle of the game for most supporters, the 'culmination' or 'highest point', who else except people who don't give a f**k about the game would imagine the pinnacle is in the middle. Do we climb half way up Everest, have a party for the press, then stagger our way down and pretend we knew what was at the top anyway.

If we have to we can live with video, a concussion rule that is about to be manipulated and refereeing that is carcinogenic but why do we have to rob Peter to pay Paul . . . why not finish a great NRL season and then climb to the top of the mountain

Last edited:

POPEYE

Coach
For what it's worth Moylan should be NSW #1 and Koroisau needs to practice his passing game

POPEYE

Coach
Penrith surprised me a little, composure is not usually a mainstay but with the help of some Soward impulsiveness added to impressive doggedness by all they outstayed Manly. Koroisau should be taking a forward step from dummy half and limit double pumping if he wants to confuse the opposition and some over exuberance from young guns like Waqa Blake needs to be exorcised

Last couple of games from the Panthers have shown they could beat anyone if they ever become settled. Can't blame Jennings' broken leg on poor injury management but an onlooker could imagine the club is not as efficient as the front runners in preparing players. Bad luck has a way of creating more bad luck and then becomes exhausting as an excuse

POPEYE

Coach
Told the missus that a true conscientious objector against Origin undermining the Premiership should create a hiatus, ignore League altogether for the duration of the abomination. She answered with something like 'Prepared yourself for Viet Nam but are thinking of boycotting a mere game you soc'. . . the thought crossed my mind but it didn't have far to travel

Since I've always reckoned Inglis should only play centre and his replacement Johnston as keen as mustard, probably rather be playing fullback for the Rabbitohs than Origin, Souths should be laughing all the way to the bank. The Eels have got it in them to win on the odd occasion and hopefully without Sandow

Not sure what the vacant look on Farrah's face at half time in Newcastle denoted, dreaming of Origin or he's too good to worry about anything Taylor was saying, going by that Woods' absence will be far more degenerative. Still, to lose against a limping Cowboys outfit would be demeaning

F**king shame it's the area the Dogs represent and not the club I detest, would be rubbing my hands together with a full strength Raiders after redemption playing them. That I feel sorry for the Dogs is testimony to the degree of Origin distaste . . . then again I can't help but think Toddy will have retribution later

What are the chances Gidley will impress against the Shetlands

With an inordinate amount of luck or manipulation NSW may beat Qld in game #1 and hopefully in #2 and #3, Melbourne's spine will retire from rep footy and recover from the shock

POPEYE

Coach
Crikey, not very hospitable of me and I apologise for starting on the wrong foot. What do I call you, Mogsheen or Jadwat, I'm never sure how it works. Anyway ol' mate, it appears even LU has one wheel in a rut and it could be a couple of months before any real headway is made, could be time for a Kit Kat . . . unless of course you want to put a couple of sentences together and we communicate the Aussie way

POPEYE

Coach

That's no way to treat a new arrival. He may have just sailed in and been told it's customary to drive by and take pot shots rather than participate in meaningful conversation. Doesn't help if you don't give him a chance to assimilate, it's obvious he doesn't realise it's a forum and I don't actually live here

Where are you MJ, if you're not a figment of someone's imagination talk to me

POPEYE

Coach
Dearie me, Billy's sore, Greg and Justin are crook and the mighty DCE can't play because of injury not because he wasn't considered a 'good old boy' . . . and he has to be replaced by someone we've never heard of. Can this part of the season get any worse, is this Rugby League or f**king vaudeville.

The media's to blame, has someone told Laurie's mob to wear ear muffs and keep F**kwit Fifita in a wardrobe, Qld shouldn't be told he's the best forward in the game

Back to reality, some of Arthur's players are standing behind him against the media but it's not enough, all those that really desire to see what is happening in Mary's joint replicated have to show the same unity. What the Dragons have done is the only remedy to what ails the Eels.

I became disinterested in Parramatta all those years ago for the same reason I did NSW, one night on the piss almost had 'For F**k Sake' tattooed in blue backwards on my forehead. It's time Parramatta came of age, supporters need to get behind people who can make a difference, give Arthur the same chance that Mary had and stop looking for pie in the sky solutions

POPEYE

Coach
With no game looking a fair contest bellyache and I are going to eradicate feral pigs . . . got to get something worthwhile from the Origin period

POPEYE

Coach
If you really enjoy Origin the way you should it would be apparent the timing of it is abysmal, detrimental, ludicrous and unnecessarily so. If Origin is all you care about none of that matters and if you follow NSW to boot there's a good chance you'll ruin the rest of the week whinging about last night

If I was as dedicated to the ruinous comp and as one eyed in favour of Qld as I pretend to be I'd tell you to suck shit, the only reason NSW won the last series was because Cronk was absent for most of it. All the recent nauseating cackling from NSW media to whom they consider addle brained followers deserves the comeuppance it received

Most genuine League supporters, especially those that want Origin moved or at least rendered ineffectual, understand that the difference between the two teams has time and again been proven to be nothing more than the bounce of the ball. Victory almost always goes to the more settled team on the night, the only difference talent makes at this level is when it's accompanied by familiarity

In reality NSW did a great job almost beating Qld, who although they won were not at their best, Daley's inexperienced unfamiliar mob still should not have got gotten that close on their first outing together. The ever reliable wankers in NSW will be calling for heads to roll when all Daley has to do is keep the team intact and show them where they miscued. Qld supporters will be hoping the usual knee jerking in NSW, the reason I don't support them, will continue

So, to Rugby League purists and I consider myself one, a contest between two such high echelon teams that can never be anything more than a f**king lottery where victory is little more than arse will continue to have precedence over the real goal

POPEYE

Coach
So what's the fuss you ask, Inglis has been crook for a week and the Broncos are accustomed to doing without Hodges, Origin players are that good almost all are backing up and will play as if nothing has interfered with their preparation for this round . . . shuddering to think how many believe that

Panthers should beat Parra, Mansour is a great player and Walsh is important to let Soward play the way he likes. Hopoate is proving nothing more than average when in a great side so they should play the same pig in a poke game . . . all is 'should'

Grevsmuhl is a favourite of mine, Myles has to be half f**ked and Inglis needs a game if not this season off anyway so if the Titans win it will be a continuation of bullshit round 11 . . . so I'm told

Apparently the Raiders can't play when they have the hiccups, Wighton and Williams are a gear they couldn't do without. Pity they're up against one of the very few coaches who have thrived through necessity in this dark period, Benny will enjoy this contest . . . once again

DCE may think that his vaudeville show will gather momentum if he gets over Thurston, even though Johnno didn't do as much as usual in Orgasm his forwards did so expect the Seagles to be one directional. Manly to win because they have to

Warriors 'should' flog the Knights

Gallen may return for the Sharks which won't make their task any easier against the Dragons

Anyone's guess how Storm/Roosters' players will back up . . . in a better world this could have been a game worth opening more than one grandstand

Latest posts