What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Reds go for Mcmenemy

Perth Red

Post Whore
Good article in todays West on the WA Reds recruitment. They are hoping to sign forward Shane Mcmenemy from Hull. Also have signed 1/2 dozen players from over East including Eggleston who has scored a ton of tries in the Q'land cup. Looking at another 30 players as well.

joshreading

Staff member
Dare I say it - have they approached or been approached by any promising west aussie union players?

Perth Red

Post Whore
Doubt it as the best West Aussie players will be signed to the Force or Spirit and for a heck of a lot more money. It is more importnat we make sure our young WA RL talent knows there is a future for them in our game so they don't get lured away by the WARU.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Feedback from the Hull fans is that they would still have him at SL level if he wasn't injury prone. Apparently would rip it up at Jim Beam Cup level. I now have my fingers crossed we can convince him to sign up.

knocker norton

Juniors
Perth Red said:
Feedback from the Hull fans is that they would still have him at SL level if he wasn't injury prone. Apparently would rip it up at Jim Beam Cup level. I now have my fingers crossed we can convince him to sign up.

Would still be a part of the Hull FC team if it wasnt for a couple of shoulder injuries.

Played a big part in our 2005 Challenge Cup win and 2006 Grand Final team. Underestimated player with a surprisingly good kicking game!:shock:

majorblack

Juniors
Cracking signing for you guys IMO, tough as old boots. Good luck Shane thanks for the memories hope those shoulder problems are all behind you now.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Brilliant news, according to todays Sunday Times he is definately coming to Perth and will arrive late January. This is great news for the Reds and allays concerns re the strength of our pack.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Confirmed in yesterdays Sunday Times (they seem to be giving us alot more covergae than the West?) that he has signed a two year deal. Welcome to Perth Shane.

Latest posts