What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Reds SG Ball 2nd trial game

Perth Red

Post Whore
Date: 07/02/2010Reds Go Close To Roosters

Another good crowd of over 300 spectators saw the WA Reds narrowly defeated by a fired up Fremantle Roosters side, 30 points to 28 at Ken Allen Field.
The Roosters were the dominate side throughout the first 20 minutes of the game jumping to an early 20 nil lead. The Reds to their credit stuck to their game plan and never gave in which saw them go into the half time break trailing 20 points to 10.
Roles were reversed in the second half with the Reds beginning the half a lot stronger. They seemed to be out to prove a point following the first half with plenty of numbers in tackles and more enthusiasm in attack.
With five minutes remaining the Reds scored and had an opportunity to level the scores but were unable to do so. Final score saw the Fremantle Roosters 30 and the WA Reds 28.
The WA Reds take on the Balmain Tigers this Sunday in their round one clash before the Dragons v Eels NRL trial at ME Bank Stadium.
Tries: Curtis Rona 2, Sunny Lal 2, Joe Napaletano & Pat Murphy.
Conversions: Pat Murphy & Jesse Prasad.

seaeagleray

Juniors
I was impressed with there showing againts the roosters. The game againts to Bulldogs had me worried as it was a really scrapy game.
But looks like they may be learning quickly and starting to gel abit more as a team if there last trial game is to go by.
I am really looking foward to watching this group of young men grow over the season.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Here is the final squad. Good luck boys!

1 Jesse Prasad
2 Jared Young
3 Ned Stephenson
4 Hemi Kani
5 Sundup Lal
6 Adam Quinlan
7 Pat Murphy
8 Charles Able
9 Tom Lidden
10 Joshua Pedersen
11 Curtis Rona
12 Justin Ferris
13 Joseph Napoletano (c)

14 Greg Ranga
15 Tom Fry
16 Dean Ferris
17 Eddie Proudler
18 Daniel Westerduin
19 Brenton Cowen
20 Justin Lemalu
Balance of Squad
21 Nicholas Laurie
22 Shane Attard
23 Aaron Nicholls
24 Joel Phillips
25 Marco Muscatello

SuperSoward

Juniors
Quinlan is a madd player. He is in my u/18s team but won't be playing untill a few rounds in because he is playing with the Reds.

Nuke

Staff member
The WA Reds (I'll admit) surprised me by not only winning, but winning well. 28-8 was the fulltime score. I say I was surprised because I read somewhere (probably somewhere here on the LeagueUnlimited forums) that Balmain were finalists last season, and because the WA Reds players have only been together for a short amount of time.

It was great to see. Well done Reds!

seaeagleray

Juniors
I know trial matches are not really a ture reflection, but after watching both of them games i was really starting to wonder how the guys would go.
All i can say i that is the dragons/parra game did nothing for me after seeing the quality of football that the Reds boys showed they could play.
I would have loved to be down in the room after the game. I reakon it would have been a pretty good attmosphire down in there.
Well done guys

seaeagleray

Juniors
Just read this on the NSWRL web site, looks like the tigers will have to hold off on that salute

WA Reds Vs Balmain

ME Bank Stadium, Sunday, February 14

SG Ball Cup

Kick-off: 3.00pm

Our last match up of the weekend see’s us head all the way over to Perth where the Balmain Tigers take on the newly formed WA Reds. The Reds are the biggest unknown of the competition and only time will tell how competitive they may indeed become. The Tigers were a finals outfit last year and would expect to be once again in 2010 so you be expecting them to salute in this one.

Latest posts