What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Reece Robson

TomRedVRiver

Bench
While we're all busy singing Lomax's praises (and rightfully so), Robson is up there alongside him with being one of our brightest young prospects in years.

I'm afraid however that we're going to lose him. A few clubs are going to be looking for a new hooker in the next 12 months and Reece will be well and truly on most team's radars. Particularly the Gold Coast and the Cowboys.
The club has a hard-on for McInnes and he won't be going anywhere for a long time. Cam has been great for us but if it meant getting rid of him to keep Reece, so be it, he's going to be better.

He NEEDS to be part of the bench rotation in 2019. Forget a utility back on the bench. Cam for 50/60, Robson for 30 at least.

This article was released last night on Robson - https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...26plFDXDHN3rmse8KxuEXeIuy_u1m6d7WSlNhN_RWnplE

Mal tips him as a future rep star. I believe him. And if we're not careful, we'll let Mal continue to pay all of this praise to Robbo and we'll lose him before June 30.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Absolutely a must keep.
But does our super coach see it that way?
Sometimes I believe our heirachy just assumes players will stay just because its "The Dragons". That may have been so in the past, but todays world is so much different. We are content with head in the sand type approach it seems.

Robson is off contract next year. Checking the Titans list, they have Peats until 2020, but our friend Titmar is off contract next year too. Right there is a scenario that worries me no end eg: they pinch Robson for 2020, pkay him from the bench with a view to taking over full time in 2021.
Another scary prospect is the Roosters Jake Friend is signed until 2020, at this stage I cannot see a replacement hooker on their list.

Our problem simply revolves around this seemingly obsessive want of a utility back on the bench. Yes I can understand the x-factor scenario, but giving the x-factor 5 mins is pointless. Given also our forwards became so fatigued in the latter half of this season, it nakes no sense to carry a player just to warm the bench.

Robson should he in the 17 and now that there are doubts about certain players being at the club next year, it would be shrewd to permanently place him in the 17 each week, rotating through hooker.
However, given scenario 1 above with the Titans, and a chance to be a spine player, something he wont be at the Dragons, I think we should all be resigned to losing him sooner rather than later.

Warabrook saint

Juniors
While we're all busy singing Lomax's praises (and rightfully so), Robson is up there alongside him with being one of our brightest young prospects in years.

I'm afraid however that we're going to lose him. A few clubs are going to be looking for a new hooker in the next 12 months and Reece will be well and truly on most team's radars. Particularly the Gold Coast and the Cowboys.
The club has a hard-on for McInnes and he won't be going anywhere for a long time. Cam has been great for us but if it meant getting rid of him to keep Reece, so be it, he's going to be better.

He NEEDS to be part of the bench rotation in 2019. Forget a utility back on the bench. Cam for 50/60, Robson for 30 at least.

This article was released last night on Robson - https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...26plFDXDHN3rmse8KxuEXeIuy_u1m6d7WSlNhN_RWnplE

Mal tips him as a future rep star. I believe him. And if we're not careful, we'll let Mal continue to pay all of this praise to Robbo and we'll lose him before June 30.
Robbson needs to be kept even if McInnes has to go.Surely our people realize this

Last edited:

Warabrook saint

Juniors
Absolutely a must keep.
But does our super coach see it that way?
Sometimes I believe our heirachy just assumes players will stay just because its "The Dragons". That may have been so in the past, but todays world is so much different. We are content with head in the sand type approach it seems.

Robson is off contract next year. Checking the Titans list, they have Peats until 2020, but our friend Titmar is off contract next year too. Right there is a scenario that worries me no end eg: they pinch Robson for 2020, pkay him from the bench with a view to taking over full time in 2021.
Another scary prospect is the Roosters Jake Friend is signed until 2020, at this stage I cannot see a replacement hooker on their list.

Our problem simply revolves around this seemingly obsessive want of a utility back on the bench. Yes I can understand the x-factor scenario, but giving the x-factor 5 mins is pointless. Given also our forwards became so fatigued in the latter half of this season, it nakes no sense to carry a player just to warm the bench.

Robson should he in the 17 and now that there are doubts about certain players being at the club next year, it would be shrewd to permanently place him in the 17 each week, rotating through hooker.
However, given scenario 1 above with the Titans, and a chance to be a spine player, something he wont be at the Dragons, I think we should all be resigned to losing him sooner rather than later.
I'm sick of fools incharge of our club

dragonssamy61

First Grade

Agree
I have said before he must be used or he will go.

dragonssamy61

First Grade
I haven't seen him play tbh. Is he that good that McInnes could be thrown under the bus Samy? No doubt that Cam defended well for 3/4 of the season. I only really saw his potential in attack a couple of times. Thoughts?

Drag
I think they are could use both because robson could play 9 or back row at times.
It would also free up mcinnes so he can do more in attack.
I have seen him attack and even kick quite well.
Robson is a better attacker than mcinnes imo but mcinnes is better in defence.
I think both can be used.

Latest posts