What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ref and Bunker Decisions

Canard

Immortal
2 wrongs making a right, I don't care if it's a professional foul, only that it gets officiated on, at least a fkn penalty
I agree, that's why the Panthers got very lucky, and by some amazing coincidence seem to get the leg ups go there way.

The fact that your still sooking about a one call from weeks ago, shows how rare it is that a so called "bad call" goes against your team.

soc123_au

Staff member
That was the most obvious Sin Bin all season. It was even reviewed by the bunker and still ignored.

It was blatant bias towards one team
It was a square up for the non penalty on Sezer. Right call? Absolutely not, should have been a sin bin. It's not like the square up is unique to Penrith though.

MugaB

Coach
I agree, that's why the Panthers got very lucky, and by some amazing coincidence seem to get the leg ups go there way.

The fact that your still sooking about a one call from weeks ago, shows how rare it is that a so called "bad call" goes against your team.
Just bringing up an example, just as you did regarding this week's episode of Penrith gets away with everything

Canard

Immortal
It was a square up for the non penalty on Sezer. Right call? Absolutely not, should have been a sin bin. It's not like the square up is unique to Penrith though.
How is ignoring an obvious Sin Bin a square up for penalty though? It's a lopsided trade.

I assert that unconsciously the referee/bunker goes into a game with a preconceived idea of who the favourites and subconsciously makes the "least" controversial call when any tough decision are needed.

Vee

First Grade
There was an interesting study a few years ago in the PL. Ref were locked in a room watching replays of contested calls with the crowd noise as the only sound and then asked to rule.

A clear bias emerged towards hometown decision at odds with the "correct" call as determined by the authorities.

soc123_au

Staff member
How is ignoring an obvious Sin Bin a square up for penalty though? It's a lopsided trade.

I assert that unconsciously the referee/bunker goes into a game with a preconceived idea of who the favourites and subconsciously makes the "least" controversial call when any tough decision are needed.
What can I tell you? Wasn't my call. Just telling it how it appears to be.

Penrith fan

Juniors

Paul Gallen has scolded the NRL officials over a "disgraceful" missed call during Penrith's win over the Tigers, which saw Brad Schneider avoid being sin-binned for a deliberate professional foul on Justin Olam.

During a crucial moment of the reigning premiers' 22-6 victory in Bathurst, the playmaker ankle-tapped Olam without the ball, preventing him the chance to score a try for the Tigers and finish off a break from Junior Tupou.

MugaB

Coach

Paul Gallen has scolded the NRL officials over a "disgraceful" missed call during Penrith's win over the Tigers, which saw Brad Schneider avoid being sin-binned for a deliberate professional foul on Justin Olam.

During a crucial moment of the reigning premiers' 22-6 victory in Bathurst, the playmaker ankle-tapped Olam without the ball, preventing him the chance to score a try for the Tigers and finish off a break from Junior Tupou.
Thank souffs fan!!! We just talked about it
...derp
20190921_074414.jpg

Last edited:

snickers007

Juniors
There was an interesting study a few years ago in the PL. Ref were locked in a room watching replays of contested calls with the crowd noise as the only sound and then asked to rule.

A clear bias emerged towards hometown decision at odds with the "correct" call as determined by the authorities.

That's quite alarming, because you're removing some other big factors like fatigue, positioning/viewpoint, presence of the players and the physical intimidation of the crowd.

It's literally the safest of spaces to make a decision.

Hope heads rolled.

Penrith fan

Juniors
NRL head of football Graham Annesley has conceded Wests Tigers were dudded when Panther's half Brad Schneider was spared the sin bin despite a professional foul which denied Justin Olam a chance to score.

“It should have been a sin bin, in my view. We’ve discussed it this morning with the referee coaching staff and the referees that were in the room this morning, both tripping and also that kind of interference to a support player who is not in possession,” he said.

MugaB

Coach
NRL head of football Graham Annesley has conceded Wests Tigers were dudded when Panther's half Brad Schneider was spared the sin bin despite a professional foul which denied Justin Olam a chance to score.

“It should have been a sin bin, in my view. We’ve discussed it this morning with the referee coaching staff and the referees that were in the room this morning, both tripping and also that kind of interference to a support player who is not in possession,” he said.
Thanx souffs fan

Penrith fan

Juniors
I'm just trying to keep it real

I acknowledge that my team commits atrocities just as much as any team

If you can pick apart your own team, then you clearly have no biases in anything.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
You're eyes must be painted on if you think that was knocked on.

That was a non issue clearly created by the Commentators.

Check your Panther bias bro

I know this is yesterday's news but I challenge anyone to give me a worse Bunker decision in the history of the game. That was f**king pathetic. Guys get yellow cards for kinda but not really deliberately knocking the ball down, yet a guy who trips someone on purpose gets nothing? I'd think there was a case for a send-off - blatant, deliberate, and probably dangerous given Olam had no knowledge he'd be tackled and therefore couldn't brace for it.

Hope the Bunker referee is sacked, that was just insane. How you can get that so far wrong with so many looks, and you even send it back on field having said you saw the trip, I can't even get my head around.

Latest posts