What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ref and Bunker Decisions

gerg

Juniors
Townsend only got sin binned as well because he realised he f**ked up and didn't want the game to change on that mistake.
Probably. I think the ref's biggest f***up was how he explained it. If he'd said instead that Townsend had been warned about being a boofhead only minutes beforehand and got involved in stupid shit again, it would have made more sense.

no name

Coach
While the CHT binning came out of the blue and previous similar incidents haven’t been binned, I hope that that is the standard. Niggly stuff like throwing the ball at opposition players head is a shit look and instigates further petty shit.
In saying that, I have zero faith there will be consistency around similar incidents going forward.
Not sure what the Chad was binned for, he was niggling earlier, was warned and seemed to cop the bin because CHT got it.

Meth

Staff member
I mean, he didn't really throw it.

Ben Hunt threw it. CHT dropped it. And there is a difference.

Meth

Staff member
CHT got under Townsend's skin and Townsend lost his shit. They both got binned and neither should have been

no name

Coach
CHT got under Townsend's skin and Townsend lost his shit. They both got binned and neither should have been
Getting under opponents skin is great and CHT did it well last night. The ball to the head stuff is just unnecessary imo. Whether its a drop or a full on throw.
I’m all for mind games and putting an opponent off but can do without the petty shit.
It will likely turn out to be a shit binning because future incidents may not get the same punishment, I’m hoping it ends up being a good binning that sets a standard.

Someguy

First Grade
Two interesting non calls on tackled in the air in the second half of Parra and Dogs game. First Burton is grabbed while trying to catch a ball in his own in goal resulting in dropped ball and a line drop, tackled in the air doesn’t count if ball is dropped?

Second one got a bit more attention where a bulldogs player caught a ball in attack, tackled in the air and the played called over because held as soon as he hit the ground. Ref acknowledged the tackled in the air by calling held but no penalty.

Vee

First Grade
Two interesting non calls on tackled in the air in the second half of Parra and Dogs game. First Burton is grabbed while trying to catch a ball in his own in goal resulting in dropped ball and a line drop, tackled in the air doesn’t count if ball is dropped?

Second one got a bit more attention where a bulldogs player caught a ball in attack, tackled in the air and the played called over because held as soon as he hit the ground. Ref acknowledged the tackled in the air by calling held but no penalty.
I think the 2nd one was critter. I wondered why it wasn't penalised as well. Also, Walsh was hit in mid-air after his kick at the end of the 1st set in origin, again, no penalty.

Neither was dangerous but are we enforcing the rule or not?

In critters case, it was a penalty vs a last tackle turnover, so a big difference.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
While the CHT binning came out of the blue and previous similar incidents haven’t been binned, I hope that that is the standard. Niggly stuff like throwing the ball at opposition players head is a shit look and instigates further petty shit.
In saying that, I have zero faith there will be consistency around similar incidents going forward.
Not sure what the Chad was binned for, he was niggling earlier, was warned and seemed to cop the bin because CHT got it.
I admit it was petty, but it's a volatile game. When blokes are going at each other, it's going to slightly bubble over at times. A final warning would've sufficed. Pretty weak stuff for a professional sport

Rod

Bench
Knights getting reamed by both ref and bunker. Storm with rails run as always.
- All backwards on the Hastings try that was denied.
- Hastings then steamrolled by Katoa in the lead up to the Meaney try. All year that's been no try, now apparently they're going back to making it up as they go.
- Gridiron final pass on the last Storm try

Just to name a few.

macavity

Referee
- All backwards on the Hastings try that was denied.
- Hastings then steamrolled by Katoa in the lead up to the Meaney try. All year that's been no try, now apparently they're going back to making it up as they go.
- Gridiron final pass on the last Storm try

Just to name a few.

6 again storm

Someguy

First Grade

In critters case, it was a penalty vs a last tackle turnover, so a big difference.

I think the rule should be dropped and just rule on dangerous or not. Not ideal but at least a player could grab the opponent after losing the mid air challenge

Vee

First Grade
45mins tonight. Stone penalised for a strip. The only replay shown on Fox favoured stone but the bunker was saying he stripped even as the replay said otherwise.

I know the bunker has other angles, I just wish the nrl could get their shit together so we see what they are looking at.

Vee

First Grade
I think the 2nd one was critter. I wondered why it wasn't penalised as well. Also, Walsh was hit in mid-air after his kick at the end of the 1st set in origin, again, no penalty.

Again tonight 55mins, Feldt leaping to take a bomb, hit in mid-air by savage, no penalty. Have we changed the interpretation?

Vee

First Grade
36 minutes in, what a great call from the ref. I was outraged but the replay showed clearly forward.

Nutz

Bench
Can someone tell me why refs call held when the ball carrier is being pushed backwards. The way I see it, if there's not halt in the momentum or the ball carrier is lifted off the ground then as far as I'm concerned he can be pushed backwards from try line to try line. Why is this happening, is there a rule change or an unwritten law in place?

Vee

First Grade
60th min. Forward out of the hands all day long and half the night. What was the touchy doing?