What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ref and Bunker Decisions

Vee

First Grade
I'm pretty drunk. Did the Dogs player change his line to run into the loiterers to win the penalty? Does it matter or is it a penalty for loitering regardless

Maximus

Coach
I'm pretty drunk. Did the Dogs player change his line to run into the loiterers to win the penalty? Does it matter or is it a penalty for loitering regardless

Kaufusi was in front of the play the ball, so wouldn't the downtown rule apply anyway?

Saxon

Bench
Yeah he did. Should have been overruled by the Bunker, but in typical bunker fashion . . .

Apey

Staff member
Watching it again, Max King changing his line then running into Kaufusi might be one of the best dives of all time. Good on him though, you may as well when they're that gullible.

no name

Coach
Ref and touchies in the NSW Cup Warrior Vs Raiders game having an absolute shocker.
Binned a Wahs player for a non existent slap (could have probably been binned anyway for starting something out of nothing).
Then allows a try while Horsborough is grabbing and head butting a Warriors player which opened up a gap for the Raiders to score. Said Warriors player then gets sent off. Horsborough sent as well and another Wah but could have avoided the lot if they got the initial grab and headbutt.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
It's good to be able to point out Bunker/referee absurdity when your side wins, so it doesn't feel like sour grapes.

The call to penalise CNK for a no-arms tackle in the corner when Cobbo dropped the ball over the line was one of the more outrageous decisions in a while. I just cannot understand how you watch that footage and deem that CNK didn't do everything he could to make a proper tackle. Then the Broncs score off the back of it.

Our rules are pretty straightforward but these Ray Charles referees somehow manage to completely butcher them

Diesel

Referee
It's good to be able to point out Bunker/referee absurdity when your side wins, so it doesn't feel like sour grapes.

The call to penalise CNK for a no-arms tackle in the corner when Cobbo dropped the ball over the line was one of the more outrageous decisions in a while. I just cannot understand how you watch that footage and deem that CNK didn't do everything he could to make a proper tackle. Then the Broncs score off the back of it.

Our rules are pretty straightforward but these Ray Charles referees somehow manage to completely butcher them
The ones in the. Bunker are watching frame by frame, then putting it in context as if it was normal speed. They need to have a feel for the game, which the don’t

kurt faulk

Coach

Did anyone hear Greg Alexander yesterday when a try was disallowed because the Eels player rolled the ball over the line? He was in disbelief.

It's been a knock on since the game was invented. These networks need to have an expert they can call on when there is controversial call so they can explain the rules to the audience. Like the nfl networks do for their audience.

These former players are hopeless.

Meth

Staff member

Definitely felt like the refs were trying to manage the Broncos back into the game.

Vee

First Grade

Did anyone hear Greg Alexander yesterday when a try was disallowed because the Eels player rolled the ball over the line? He was in disbelief.

It's been a knock on since the game was invented. These networks need to have an expert they can call on when there is controversial call so they can explain the rules to the audience. Like the nfl networks do for their audience.

These former players are hopeless.

Gary Cook, former international referee, did exactly that on Aunty's Saturday afternoon game in the early 80s.

Vee

First Grade
52nd minute Dragons v Dolphins, Lemuelu knock-on over the line. How did the bunker miss the smack in the face as he reached for it? FMD.

Diesel

Referee
52nd minute Dragons v Dolphins, Lemuelu knock-on over the line. How did the bunker miss the smack in the face as he reached for it? FMD.
Sounds similar to what happened in the NSW Cup game yesterday. I didn’t see it but Dan Ginanne and co were calling for a no try because of it

Latest posts