What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ref and Bunker Decisions

kurt faulk

Coach

Refs always make mistakes. They're human and things are happening quickly. It's understandable for mistakes to happen.

What is not understandable is the bunker making mistakes. Especially on simple decisions evident on replay.

They can't be this incompetent. Surely there should be some investigation on their private lives and see if there is a gambling problem with some of them. There's no way they can see what we see and continually come up with the wrong decision.

Saxon

Bench

Saxon

Bench

Refs always make mistakes. They're human and things are happening quickly. It's understandable for mistakes to happen.

What is not understandable is the bunker making mistakes. Especially on simple decisions evident on replay.

They can't be this incompetent. Surely there should be some investigation on their private lives and see if there is a gambling problem with some of them. There's no way they can see what we see and continually come up with the wrong decision.

What really bewildered me was that Annesley said there was no evidence of high contact.
Both went down holding their faces. Both had blood coming from their mouths and/or noses. Blind Freddy could see from the "poor quality" images that both heads rocked at the point of contact.

Just one more reason to f**k THE BUNKER OFF!

MKCS

Juniors

I would sincerely hope this isn't the case but it has gotten to the point now where no matter what game you sit down and watch there is going to be at least one questionable referee decision with most games having many.

I watched Leeds Rhinos Vs London Broncos, Catalans Vs Hull KR and Hull FC Vs Salford this past weekend in the Super League and it was so refreshing watching footy where referees weren't making these mistakes. It is baffling that the standard of Super League reffing is considerably higher than NRL reffing.

Juju

Juniors
Gee began refereeing in the Canterbury-Bankstown District when he was fourteen. He secured his first A grade appointment in 2004 and controlled two successive A grade Grand Finals in 2004 and 2005. He was graded by the NSWRL Referees Association in 2007.

Saxon

Bench
I would sincerely hope this isn't the case but it has gotten to the point now where no matter what game you sit down and watch there is going to be at least one questionable referee decision with most games having many.

I watched Leeds Rhinos Vs London Broncos, Catalans Vs Hull KR and Hull FC Vs Salford this past weekend in the Super League and it was so refreshing watching footy where referees weren't making these mistakes. It is baffling that the standard of Super League reffing is considerably higher than NRL reffing.
That's because they sent Klein back here.

gerg

Juniors

"You can challenge it if you like"
"I want to challenge it"
"Sorry you can't challenge offside calls"

Meh. The f***ing bunker would have just made up some bullshit anyway and backed Sutton and they'd lose the challenge.

Reactions: Vee

Frailty

First Grade
Gee began refereeing in the Canterbury-Bankstown District when he was fourteen. He secured his first A grade appointment in 2004 and controlled two successive A grade Grand Finals in 2004 and 2005. He was graded by the NSWRL Referees Association in 2007.
What's your point with this post? That he shouldn't referee games involving the Bulldogs?
You know living and growing up in a district doesn't mean you're biased to them. I grew up in the Parramatta District, but really dislike that team. Under your suggestion, I would be allowed to referee the Sharks' games but not Parramatta's.

Vee

First Grade
10th minute Tit v Eels - Eels defending their line, player goes early and knocks down a pass, ref blows a penalty and AJ regathered and may have scored. Advantage rule? You can always bring it back...

Vee

First Grade
9 to go and Matterson is done for a high tackle around the throat.

Could go either way but how does the ref AND bunker miss the two high shots, one by each and both worse than that?

Vee

First Grade
Thinking about it, both victims lay down and waited for the bunker. Guessing the bunker couldn't find a reportable offence so play on.

Really? Both hit high, both worse than Matterson and I'm no fan of Ryan.

Vee

First Grade
Corey Jensen on report for that?

The bunker hasn't a clue.

Can't wait for annesley to explain this shit.

Vee

First Grade
f**king rubbish decision for tuipolotu's 2nd. FOP and a thousand miles away I called it held up. On field gets it wrong and his moron mate in the bunker can't see any better than him.

FMD.

Latest posts