What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ref Watch 2014 (aka the Skeepe Thread)

TheDalek079

Bench
So the season has begun.

The verdict on the referees?

Still making mistakes, but that's to be expected. Everyone makes mistakes. Some good calls. No howlers. Game one, and a pass mark

gronkathon

First Grade
Wait until round 7 when the rules settle before judging.

Too scattergun at the start of the season

BunniesMan

Immortal
Now that I've cooled down from the heat of the moment.

In all seriousness they were even which is all you can ask for. But I still think they called about half a dozen penalties more than they needed to.

But overall they did fine and I like most of the rulechanges from last year

Spot On

Coach
1994 was the last year the refs were any good. Just ask Skeepe. Safe to say they'll never be that good again.

tumbidragon

First Grade
Thought they had a good match tbh. Game flowed, no video ref howlers, a few missed indiscretions but pretty good all in all.

Danish

Referee
Knock on against Maloney was the only howler I can think of. I don't mind refs missing penalties (seriously if that Teo shouldercharge gets suspended we are in for a LONG season), but seeing things that aren't there are frustrating.

In saying that, I didn't really notice the refs tonight which means they did their job.

skeepe

Immortal
The worst call was when Bryson Goodwin fumbled an attacking kick and they called a Roosters knock on. Lead to a period of sustained Souffs pressure which resulted in a try.

Card Shark

Immortal
Uniforms are better, with the black in it.

When they finally get rid of the pink, they can be taken seriously.

carcharias

Immortal
The worst call was when Bryson Goodwin fumbled an attacking kick and they called a Roosters knock on. Lead to a period of sustained Souffs pressure which resulted in a try.

Yes
Absolute balls of a call .
They had plenty of time to fix it too as they farted around setting a scrum .
I also think that Reynolds ??? Should have befn binned for a professional foul.
Regardless of the fact the roosters scored he still purposely tackled a bloke without the ball .

BigSteveo

Juniors
Yes
Absolute balls of a call .
They had plenty of time to fix it too as they farted around setting a scrum .
I also think that Reynolds ??? Should have befn binned for a professional foul.
Regardless of the fact the roosters scored he still purposely tackled a bloke without the ball .

Refs only have an option to bin if a try was not scored. They rule on what the greatest advantage is. A try vs 12 men? You'll take the try every day.

In relation to discipline, the only option that the ref has (protocol wise) is a send off, which was not worthy in this case.

Correct call by Cummins

Latest posts