What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Referee Peter Gough the worst referee in the NRL. Maybe the world.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Saints got the full complement of penalties last game as well as a sin bin for a player later fined not suspended. The copped penalties from dissent to offside from a kickoff. Well done Gough. Good to see he know all the rules and can apply them on tap when needed.

BLM01

First Grade
Saints got the full complement of penalties last game as well as a sin bin for a player later fined not suspended. The copped penalties from dissent to offside from a kickoff. Well done Gough. Good to see he know all the rules and can apply them on tap when needed.
What about the 7th tackle try we werwe awarded

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
It’s a blight on the sport.
What is a bigger blight on the sport that really shits me to tears is ball stealing.....I can accept to a point a loose carry but when blokes grapple/reaf or grab the ball from another player is crap....it's not Rugby League in its true sense imo just I'm bigger and strong than you give it here....absolutely hate it.

Dragon David

First Grade
What is a bigger blight on the sport that really shits me to tears is ball stealing.....I can accept to a point a loose carry but when blokes grapple/reaf or grab the ball from another player is crap....it's not Rugby League in its true sense imo just I'm bigger and strong than you give it here....absolutely hate it.
I hate it too BSE. It becomes kindergarten stuff when a guy grabs at the ball and pulls as hard as he can to take possession and says just like a small brat - "gimme dat, it's mine uverwise I'm gunna tell my mummy on ya!".

Gourley's Socks

Juniors
Completely agree and such a simple solution (not mine but I'll regurgitate it): the moment a second man enters the tackle, the ball can't be stolen.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
What does my head in is as soon as a ball leaves a players grasp it is immediately a knock on. They don't even check to see if it goes backwards for most cases. Also players get tackled and get up and go again only for the ref to tell them to go back and play the ball. No more penalty given. If only that was around during Tigers v Dragons Semi. Poor Baz.

Mojo

Bench
What does my head in is as soon as a ball leaves a players grasp it is immediately a knock on. They don't even check to see if it goes backwards for most cases. Also players get tackled and get up and go again only for the ref to tell them to go back and play the ball. No more penalty given. If only that was around during Tigers v Dragons Semi. Poor Baz.
or, they pull-up the play and send them back to the mark to play the ball again and, most often, the player goes back to the spot where they originally played the ball incorrectly in the first place! Why is it never a penalty for moving off the mark?

SGMax

Juniors
Exactly....its not rugby league, it looks like a hyena attacking prey before the pack run off with the newborn.

dannyt

Coach
Completely agree and such a simple solution (not mine but I'll regurgitate it): the moment a second man enters the tackle, the ball can't be stolen.
It used to be a free-for-all when it came to stealing the ball-anyone could grab the ball despite the number of players in a tackle. The one-on-one strip was brought in, and I'm pretty sure that that is how the rule was interpreted, i.e., as soon as there are two people in a tackle, the ball can't be stolen.

Gippsy

Bench
It used to be a free-for-all when it came to stealing the ball-anyone could grab the ball despite the number of players in a tackle. The one-on-one strip was brought in, and I'm pretty sure that that is how the rule was interpreted, i.e., as soon as there are two people in a tackle, the ball can't be stolen.
Agree, and if they enforced this bit, , as soon as there are two people in a tackle, the ball can't be stolen. or tweaked the rules so that this applied, it would remove this blight on the game.

Parko1310

Juniors
Agree, and if they enforced this bit, , as soon as there are two people in a tackle, the ball can't be stolen. or tweaked the rules so that this applied, it would remove this blight on the game.
That was the rule, they changed it a couple of years ago because there were one-on-one strips being penalised for a second player touching the player before they got stripped. Now as long as there is one tackler in the tackle at the time of the strip, it is play on