What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Refereeing was appalling

super_coach

First Grade
It was not all one way, but Archer and his mate were shocking. On a wet track it was always going to be a slog, but the Refs today stopped what chance their was of good game. Manly are great at pushing the boundaries to the limit and beyond and if a ref lets them they will push it even more and that what happen today.

Why is that a grand final is played to different rules to any other game??? Half the problem is Harrigan, he will come out and give them a massive rap. Anyway a shame the biggest game of the year and we saw a B grade effort from the boys in Pink.

Meth

Staff member
To be honest, I wasn't that bothered. A couple of 50/50 calls for us, a couple against us. We were given enough of a chance to win it and we weren't good enough. Manly were. I don't feel hard done by.

Hoggy

Bench
Referees do understand that it's not always a knock on whenever the ball is dropped don't they?

super_coach

First Grade
Iam not saying for one minute Manly wasnt the better side, but in the first half the Warriors were given very little chance to apply any pressure and had most close calls go against them. Manly are a great football side plenty of skill and tough as teak 1 thru 17 and Iam sure they would have won even if dumb and dumber got most of the calls right. Once again its a shame they were so bad

Vic Mackey

Referee
the watmough sideways play the ball was appalling

manly scored their first try off that penalty

Alan Johnson

Juniors

That was the single worst call of the night for me. Stone cold penalty. The sideways play-the-ball is often a vague kind of penalty but that one was a blueprint.

juanfarkall

Coach
At one stage it was almost like the gimps in pink were playing tit for tat or taking turns at giving penalties.
Their reluctance to police the ruck and the ten (both teams) stifled open attacking play.

Referees do understand that it's not always a knock on whenever the ball is dropped don't they?

Clearly not. I commented on that in the game, there were a good 3 dropped balls that didn't go anything close to forward, but were ruled forward.

Mr Fourex

Bench

It's the only thing that really stood out for me.

Might have to watch it again, but I thought for once the referees weren't too bad.

Burwood

Bench
Two tries to Manly in the first half on the back on questionable decisions. Would have loved to have seen the reply of when Mateo lost the ball in a tackle and Manly scored in the next set, but Channel 9 never showed it.

Edit: But have to add, as a neutral spectator I don't think the referring favoured one team or the other. Thought they did a relatively good job on the whole.

Butters

Bench
The refs seem to be directed to make as many bad calls as they possibly can for grand finals.

I remeber harrigon saying at the start of the year that the reffing would be the same in the regular season as it would be in the grand final. Given the watmough play the ball debacle either bill is full of shit or the refs have no balls. Possible 12 point turn around there - massive call.