What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Refereeing was appalling

LOL The reefing was fine.

The only call that went against the Warriors was the Watmough playing it sideways.

Other than that particular call, the reefing was good.

Manly simple outplayed the Warriors.

Manly's defence was better, Manly's kicking game was better... Manly were just generally the better team on the day.

ceagle

Bench
The obstruction call was a tough one imo. DCE had every right to support to Robertson, and I don't think he intentionally obstructed Rapira. 50/50 call.

The obstruction call was a tough one imo. DCE had every right to support to Robertson, and I don't think he intentionally obstructed Rapira. 50/50 call.

There was nothing in that at all, it was extremely similar to the Hayne Vs dragons incident of 2009.

Where the support player obstructed a dragons player from tackling Hayne, the precedence was set then, so why whinge now.

Geez far too many people had Manly hate glasses on when watching the game.

byrne_rovelli_fan82

First Grade
Manly were better? LOL. Please, they were playing average football up until they got calls going their way that shifts momentum. The only good thing they did was take their opportunities. When poor decisions are made it plays a part in the game and can make and break games, which is what the game is falling into. The big plays or possible big plays are too easily being dictated by the officials when it should be dictated by the players.

The fact they didn't call the sideways play the ball was a poor one, and should have been called along with Matai's block on Inu, and where Maloney got called for interfering with the play-the-ball which he never did.

It may not have changed whatever the result was; but it gave momentum to a side who were not doing that well from the start.

Call it what you wish, a moan..whatever but you can't deny momentum got taken away because of honest inept calls.

These calls do happen in the course of the season yes but it's not a matter of 'bias' but simply being consistent and today's officials were not consistent as they should have been

Change your writing to black FFS, I can't even read it.

If you want me to take your post seriously, write it in black... Its late, I am sort of under the influence and your writing is freaking green FFS !

ceagle

Bench
Manly were better? LOL. Please, they were playing average football up until they got calls going their way that shifts momentum. The only good thing they did was take their opportunities. When poor decisions are made it plays a part in the game and can make and break games, which is what the game is falling into. The big plays or possible big plays are too easily being dictated by the officials when it should be dictated by the players.

The fact they didn't call the sideways play the ball was a poor one, and should have been called along with Matai's block on Inu, and where Maloney got called for interfering with the play-the-ball which he never did.

It may not have changed whatever the result was; but it gave momentum to a side who were not doing that well from the start.

Call it what you wish, a moan..whatever but you can't deny momentum got taken away because of honest inept calls.

These calls do happen in the course of the season yes but it's not a matter of 'bias' but simply being consistent and today's officials were not consistent as they should have been
Really? I though we were on top of the Warriors at the start. It was only the last 20 where the Warriors were playing better then us.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
It was pretty even so I don't think momentum was shifted, but the Warriors could argue they were denied the opportunity to build momentum due to a couple of calls. Again that's assuming they made use of the hypothetical possesion which is irrelevant because we'll never know.

Of more concern to me is the fact that this happens so often across the NRL. It's almost as if a bad call gives the players an excuse to concede a try at times because then they can still play victim instead of taking responsibility and defending for all their worth. Wouldn't say the Warriors did that as they would've been spanked by a lot more had they taken that attitude, but it appears to be a common theme throughout the season.

Slackboy72

Coach

People still refuse to read the rulebook.

I regards to a player on the attacking side not in possession (s15 p39 of 2010 Laws):

He must give ‘right of way’ to opponents who are running across in front of him to tackle player 5 (player in possession) but is not guilty of obstructing opponents who are coming from behind him.

You guys can all hate on manly as much as you want but please don't cry foul when the refs GOT IT RIGHT.

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
I haven't seen a replay but was Robertson offside from Stewart's kick?
i thought so at the time, but i've replayed it for myself - it's fine. he's a mile onside. he just appeared that f**ken quickly.

blain

Juniors
To be honest, apart from the obstruction and the Watmough play the ball, I thought they were decent enough..

The League gods were not on our side last night unfortunetly.

bobmar28

Bench
When Gus Gould said how did the refs miss Watmough's incorrect play the ball Rabbs said that was a stupid question. Wtf?

The men in pink shirts did not do a good job.

Last edited:
Watmough's play the ball was a disgrace - how could they miss that?

The rest of the calls were bad but seem to even themselves out in the end. I still don't like how they can make that many mistakes through the game - it all contributes to momentum. Referees still have a big factor in deciding games and yesterday was no different.

innsaneink

Referee
I thought the refs had a fair game....yes they let things go that normally wouldnt go unpenalised, but thats just how it is now
Chocs ptb a big error...thats about it

Loudstrat

Coach
I think Cleary had his big whinge after the Tigers game, when the Warriors DID get some tough calls. Was that the last Warriors match Hayne refereed?

I'm also miffed at how Matai "tackled" Inu when Inu simply ran into him trying to milk a penalty?

Meth

Staff member
I think Cleary had his big whinge after the Tigers game, when the Warriors DID get some tough calls. Was that the last Warriors match Hayne refereed?

I'm also miffed at how Matai "tackled" Inu when Inu simply ran into him trying to milk a penalty?

Yep