What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Referees, talk about one sided!

Kornstar

Coach
Wow, I think 1 thing has gone against the Dragons all game, they have been handed everything else on a silver platter, including the game last week!

Amazing isn't it. Archer and Hayne did it to us last year - referees do all they can to get the favourites over the line.

It is pathetic.

COACH STERLING

Juniors
Some disgraceful decisions. Morris was a metre over the sideline and Perrit's push in the back. Both game changing tries.

hybrideel

Bench
I'm glad other people saw the same rungs I did. I thought I was biased in my wishing Brian Smith
would get a premiership but it seems that may not be the case

add the Young knock on before he scored and they were gifted 18pts.
I think the Dragons would ahev won regardless but fairdinkum what is it going to take to make the league look at upping the standard or refereeing??

Roosters were in control & had all the momentum in the first half. The refs & touchies ruined what could have been a memorable grand final by some very ordinary decisions.

The highlight for me had to be the medicab at the end of the game! We kept laughing, that he wasn't going to get off the field. It was hilarious, & the only enjoyable part of the entire game IMO.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I wouldn't say the refs favoured the Dragons, though the Morris foot-in-touch was an early blunder that led to a try - that kind of thing early can change the entire complexion of the rest of the match.

I didn't think the refs favoured Melbourne in last year's decider either, though the Moimoi penalty toward the end absolutely killed us.

It all comes out in the wash (poor refereeing decisions) but a bad call at the worst possible time can do a lot more damage than other bad calls.

EELICIT

Juniors
I wouldn't say the refs favoured the Dragons.

I dont really know what to say to that !

I didn't think the refs favoured Melbourne in last year's decider either, though the Moimoi penalty toward the end absolutely killed us.

If you check the penalty and the sequence before it was given you will find that archer called holding and then the next camera shot was him calling a pulled leg ! Check it out !

Archer is not a ref ! at best he is a puppet !

boxhead

First Grade
A few bad decisions led to two or three tries for the Dragons, but they deserved the win regardless.

Few clangers by the refs in favour of the red and white . . . but given their second half dominance, in the end they were academic to the overall result

strider

Post Whore
i think the dragons got a couple of important decisions their way, but i don't think it made them win
- going into touch on that first try was an absolute shocker to miss, it was so obvious
- young's try was clearly a knock on - but the game was probably gone by then
- i don't think anasta's try was a knock on - soward clearly knocked it out with his knee, play on
- i don't think the push in perrett's back was anything much, fair enough to let that go

i think the dragons got a couple of important decisions their way, but i don't think it made them win
- going into touch on that first try was an absolute shocker to miss, it was so obvious
- young's try was clearly a knock on - but the game was probably gone by then
- i don't think anasta's try was a knock on - soward clearly knocked it out with his knee, play on
- i don't think the push in perrett's back was anything much, fair enough to let that go

It might not have changed the result but it was all about momentum, field position etc. If those dodgy calls were evened out, then it may not have been an issue. If the Roosters were 8 or more points ahead, who knows, the whole result might have changed.

eel01s

Bench
The Roosters were screwed by bad calls, plain and simple.

The video ref HAS to be used more.

mrpwnd

Bench
Ref or no ref, the roosters failed to adapt to a few poor decisions. If they can't do that then they didn't deserve the premiership, don't forget last year when we were completely hammered by the dragons in the first 20 minutes of the finals and held out, that's the mentality you need.
In the end, the better team won, I don't see how the roosters could have scored any more tries throughout the game, Carney and alot of their older players went MIA.

TheParraboy

Staff member
Ref or no ref, the roosters failed to adapt to a few poor decisions. If they can't do that then they didn't deserve the premiership, don't forget last year when we were completely hammered by the dragons in the first 20 minutes of the finals and held out, that's the mentality you need.In the end, the better team won, I don't see how the roosters could have scored any more tries throughout the game, Carney and alot of their older players went MIA.

i thought the roosters adapted brilliantly after that first dragons try that should not have eventuated. Its a bit tough and unrealistic to keep adapting when it happens a few more times though. I think Dragons still would have won it, but it ruined what could have been a cliff hanger of a game, instead it fizzled out predictably with 20min to go

MrT

Juniors
Is anyone else stunned that Darius Boyd got the Clice Churchill?
I mean they're investigating illegall betting I think this warrants an investigation also. I have never seen a more undeserving award.
His stats showed 6 tackles and 14 runs, well they could have given the medal to every Roosters player then also. It's the biggest joke I have ever seen, it's like it was a consolation for not winning the Dally M

mrpwnd

Bench
Is anyone else stunned that Darius Boyd got the Clice Churchill?
I mean they're investigating illegall betting I think this warrants an investigation also. I have never seen a more undeserving award.
His stats showed 6 tackles and 14 runs, well they could have given the medal to every Roosters player then also. It's the biggest joke I have ever seen, it's like it was a consolation for not winning the Dally M
Personally would have preferred either Soward/Nightingale/Fiend.