What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Refs for Rd5

PB

Bench
Whilst it didn't cost us the game (that was for you Suity;-) ), i think the touchie who made the contentious and important forward pass call on Smith to Delaney (not to mention not calling the half a dozen "flat" passes out of dummy half by the Cows) was Steve Carrell. Steve is on his way to New Zealand this weekend...

:nwave:

Eelmighty

Juniors
I think you'll find Simpkins called the 'not' forward pass from Tim Smith to Frog. From where I was sitting it looked as though the touchie was happy with it, indicated by continuing to run with the play and not stand in line with where the pass was thrown.

I also had a problem with some of Simpkins penalties, especially a 4th tackle on which gave them good field position and they ultimately scored.

strider

Post Whore
I think Justin Smith's sin binning alone deserved a week in referees school :lol: ... and no that wasn't the touchies report - the convo went: Touchy: "this player came in and pushed him", Simpkins: "ok, you escalated it, you can have 10 too"

Other issues I have with Simpkins:
- Wades notorious play hte ball - cowboys never got to marker, but were allowed to dive on the ball
- delaney try forward pass: I agree I believe the ref called it not the touchy ... it may well have been forward but it was so line ball - they'd let that go most times
- about 5 mins in, we are under sh*tloads of pressure in defense, firman feeds scrum, comes out behind the 2nd row, tries to pick it up, knocks on between his own legs, but simpkins goes ummm, no it never went in - well they never do paul cos they never go in the middle these days
- also simpkins is a sucker for crowd booing (this worked to our advantage this week)

coca-cola

Juniors
i cant believe some of the selections the nrl comes up with. the officials for the broncos vs rabbitohs game should wear black and white.

Parraletic

Juniors
Just when you thought it couldn't get any better, we get f*cken SHAYNE HAYNE? I give up, ur a joke NRL!

Latest posts