What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Refs not giving Canberra a fair go.

Southernsaint

Staff member
White Tiger said:
Sorry i was scared of getting RSI typing St George Illawarra Dragons

But it's funny how we refer to the golden years when it suits but forget the years 1999-2007.

"We" as in You?! :lol:

Ironically, if you add the Wests & Tigers Premierships together, they equal the tally of the mighty Saints, despite us handing the two teams a 14 year start.

Southernsaint

Staff member
Raider_69 said:
Raiders V Knights:
Lost by 4 points, Alan Tongue try unfairly not awarded, one knights try scored off an obvious forward pass, mind you we didnt play well enough to deserve to win, so f**k it

Raiders V Cowboys:
Cowboys winning try scored off an accidental offside. We played well enough to win and should have, cost us 2 comp point here imo.

Raiders V Tigers
Zillman try unfairly disallowed because of a forward pass... wrong call but at the end of the day we had more then our fair chances to win that game, we wernt good enough

Raiders V Dragons
Poor call on Milnes dropped ball, we got one back after the half time hooter though, either way we still put in a pathetic performance and at least 12 of the 17 didnt put in at all, Thurling, Logan, Miller and at a stretch Todd Carney and Marshall Chalk can hold their heads high, the rest were f**king disgraceful and their effort was unacceptable

Concludsion, we've copped some rough calls over the past month, but imo, its only really cost us 2 points that we deserved, however how many times do you see a team a season not deserve to win but still pull it out, against the tigers and knights were robbed of an oppertunity to win ugly. Such is life

They have shown some heart this year, I will give them that...

Eddie.

Bench
Raider_69 said:
Raiders V Knights:
Lost by 4 points, Alan Tongue try unfairly not awarded, one knights try scored off an obvious forward pass, mind you we didnt play well enough to deserve to win, so f**k it

Raiders V Cowboys:
Cowboys winning try scored off an accidental offside. We played well enough to win and should have, cost us 2 comp point here imo.

Raiders V Tigers
Zillman try unfairly disallowed because of a forward pass... wrong call but at the end of the day we had more then our fair chances to win that game, we wernt good enough

Raiders V Dragons
Poor call on Milnes dropped ball, we got one back after the half time hooter though, either way we still put in a pathetic performance and at least 12 of the 17 didnt put in at all, Thurling, Logan, Miller and at a stretch Todd Carney and Marshall Chalk can hold their heads high, the rest were f**king disgraceful and their effort was unacceptable

Concludsion, we've copped some rough calls over the past month, but imo, its only really cost us 2 points that we deserved, however how many times do you see a team a season not deserve to win but still pull it out, against the tigers and knights were robbed of an oppertunity to win ugly. Such is life

Don't expect any sympathy.

Happened to the Tiges 4 or 5 times in 2006 and Canberra fans laughed and told us to stop whinging and get on with it.

Canberra had an awful lot of luck in 2006 and this season their poor fortune is well deserved in my opinion. SO just get on with it and build a bridge.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Eddie. said:
Don't expect any sympathy.

Happened to the Tiges 4 or 5 times in 2006 and Canberra fans laughed and told us to stop whinging and get on with it.

Canberra had an awful lot of luck in 2006 and this season their poor fortune is well deserved in my opinion. SO just get on with it and build a bridge.

:lol: Read my post again mate, i think i just saw the point fly over your head...

Southernsaint, we've always been a side that showed alot of heart, the one good thing Matt Elliott installed in this team, but raiders fans have had enough of heart, when we didnt have the talent, we'd accept that as the best we can hope for, now we have the talent and the coach to do better, just showing some ticker is no longer acceptable

and in regards to that, only about 5 blokes showed heart against your mob the other day, the other 12 rolled over/bent over, put up the white flag and waited for saints to penetrate

White Tiger

Juniors
Southernsaint said:
"We" as in You?! :lol:

Ironically, if you add the Wests & Tigers Premierships together, they equal the tally of the mighty Saints, despite us handing the two teams a 14 year start.

Any of those premierships you mentioned captured in colour !! :lol:

Ahh yes 1979

Good banter Southernsaint:D

Southernsaint

Staff member
White Tiger said:
Any of those premierships you mentioned captured in colour !! :lol:

Ahh yes 1979

Good banter Southernsaint:D

And 1977 ;-)

Had our Ups and Downs over the years. Had more ups than most, though...

_Johnsy

Referee
and tigers fans commenting on st george, when the thread is about raiders being harshly done by the refs ?? go figure

Latest posts