What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Regarding that sign at last nights game.

Benny

First Grade
Follow Me Up To Carlton said:
Serb,

At the end of the day that guy's an active supporter. He makes banners, travels to games all over the state and supports the team vocally at the ground. That's what our club and League in general needs. People that actually get out there, not just talk sh*te at the pub or on the net.

There was a fan organised bus that went down yesterday with a full capacity of 50 people. It was probably the biggest Army turnout in Canberra since '99. Better to give attention to that then to some sign you werent happ with.

I would stronlgy argue that having a negative sign isn't in fact supporting the side, but each to their own and free speech and all that bullsh^t.

I like many others won't sit with the Army because of this kind of negative (what you call support). Good to see it is growing again but I noticed last night many former regulars not seated with the ARMY.

The Armies of the 90's were great because they were united in support. Be great to see those days returned but sadly not in the near future.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Benny said:
The Armies of the 90's were great because they were united in support. Be great to see those days returned but sadly not in the near future.
IMO, the army of the 90s was far more militant.

At times they gave the club plenty of grief.

In his book, Saints: The Legend Lives On, Ian Heads wrote that the Dragon Army of the 1990s "represented the club's cutting edge".

"Saints administrators will continue to provide the leadership they deem best... and the red & white bedecked Dragon Army will continue to snap at their heels when they don't agree."

Drew-Sta

Staff member
I'm glad the sign was shown.

The club is in dire need of a complete shake up from top to bottom.

Southernsaint

Staff member
Serb Dragon, with all due respect, blow it fair out your arse. You can bang on about loyalty all you want but I'm of the opinion that if you're loyal to the club and fair dinkum about wanting us to win the comp for the first time in 30 odd years, you'd be calling for Brown's head too.

It seems that you're more loyal to Brown than the club.

As for the signs, I reckon at Saints we have the best sign / banner culture in the whole competition. "Wet For Ward", "Piss On Me" & my all time favourite "Saints Big Jokes: Traitor Tallis, Crybaby Brown, Stinking Stevens"

As for bombing the Shire, I'd rather bomb the Shire than Iraq!!

Southernsaint

Staff member
Sorry Serb, I did say "with all due respect". It's in the Geneva Convention, look it up...

Anyway, welcome to the forum, it's good to have different opinions. I just don't think Brown is the answer as first grade coach - by all means keep him at the club in some kind of development / recruitment role though.

Serb Dragon

Juniors
Southernsaint said:
Sorry Serb, I did say "with all due respect". It's in the Geneva Convention, look it up...

Anyway, welcome to the forum, it's good to have different opinions. I just don't think Brown is the answer as first grade coach - by all means keep him at the club in some kind of development / recruitment role though.

Yeah i agree. Im hearing the points you guys are makin but im of the opinion, negativity only breeds more negaitivity and thats the last thing we need right now. im sure the cries for brown to stand down are being heard, as are the same cries for doust to piss off, but as the past has shown..the board do what they want regardless.

ps: avenger is a snake fish homo.

big pat

Coach
Willow said:
Btw, this is the sign:

2008_03_01crowd.jpg

And yes, after a great deal mucking around, my video capture card is working again. The Jubilee Av / SOTV pics will back next week.
please GOD send me a sign..

big pat

Coach
Willow said:
Currently I'm using Pinnacle Studio 11 software and finally got it work with an old Pinnacle PCTV capture card that I found in the cupboard. The card is 7 years old btw, solved the problems I was having. I'm sure there is a modern card from Pinnacle.

The Studio 11 software is brand new and was supposed to work with USB adapters, and it did on an old laptop. I got a brand new PC and it just wasn't right (bad frame frequency, or in black and white, crap resolution etc). The geeks who sold the PC to me were dumbfounded, which is a common thing. So I kept trying different things to fix it and yesterday arvo it all clicked.
can someone explain to me what willow just said.

Avenger

Immortal
Serb Dragon said:

ps: avenger is a snake fish homo.

Now now you need to build some cred here dude. Don't go too strong.

Also you look different here buddy , have you lost some weight ? :lol:

gunnamatta bay

Referee
Willow said:
P.S.
This is still me favourite sign...

2005_20_01crowd.jpg

From 2005. I understand the lad had it taken off him by ground staff. It never got on TV.

It caused quite a stir at the time with some shire keyboard heroes wanting to go the biff. lol
I still reckon it was altered from Brown is sh*t

Syren

Juniors
Love the signs, cooking with gaz, feelin' hornby, Or-Gaz-mic etc are pure quality.

Cooper-Man

Bench
Serb Dragon said:
To that idiot at last nights game holding up a sign for brown to stand down, i think i can speak freely for most loyal dragons that you should well and truly piss off. It was a bloody disgrace to see that coming from someone at our camp. Get a life you wanker....

Gday Serb Dragon, I am that idiot from the canberra game. Just so you know there was 5 negative banners there and all supplied by us. They might not have showed them on the box so here is what they said.

-Oust Doust (the original)
-Time to go Doust
-We Want New Management New Attitude
-Doust and Brown must go Down
-Step down BROWN.

Regardless of peoples thoughts we will keep the pressure on. We are not going to win a Premiership the way things are going in our club, so untill brown goes and Doust pulls his fingers out we will keep it coming. So you will see them at this weeks game V the sharks. Feel free to come and say hi. We are not a bad bunch of blokes.

Also I am the guy who organised the Canberra bus with 48 people on board (two pulled out last minute). We had a guy who is the in the Raiders army come over and thank us for coming to the game, he said though we lost on the field, we out did them in the stands and they loved every bit of it. We think the Canberra trip was a full success regardless of the result on the pitch and are hoping to get TWO buses for the Newcastle away game. I hope I can convince some of you guys to join.

Cheers
Pete

Latest posts