What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Reggies GRand Final

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
My God, Ashley Graham is AWFUL. I knew he was a bad first grader but he's just as bad in premier league!

He couldn't read defence if it were printed in big bold letters on a piece of papers, he can't tackle and is making very Paul Carige-like errors. The sooner he leaves the better.

Zippy Eel

Juniors
ParraDude_Jay said:
My God, Ashley Graham is AWFUL. I knew he was a bad first grader but he's just as bad in premier league!

He couldn't read defence if it were printed in big bold letters on a piece of papers, he can't tackle and is making very Paul Carige-like errors. The sooner he leaves the better.

He should retire. Its obvious that hes never going to recover from that injury.

Hurriflatch

Referee
Eels win Premier League decider
Sunday, October 2, 2005

A spirited second half comeback from Shane Flanagan's Premier League outfit has failed to thwart Parramatta clinching this afternoon's premiership trophy 31-12 at Telstra Stadium.

Trailing 24-0 shortly after half time, the young Roosters crossed twice to deficit to 12 and set up a potentially thrilling final 20 minutes.

But poor execution and decision-making allowed the minor premiers to skip away and record a deserved 19-point win.

Flanagan praised his side’s determination in mounting a late comeback when all seemed lost, but was left to rue the Roosters’ worst first half performance this year.

“They showed a lot of character out there to come back in the second half,” he said.

“I thought we were coming over the top of them at 24-12.

“We needed to be more patient with the footy – there were just too many silly options on the second or third tackle.

“But these boys have had a great season – I expect a lot of them to press strongly for first grade honours next year.

“Full credit to Parramatta – they were the best team all year and they showed it today.”

After a surprisingly subdued start to the clash, Eels fullback Joel Reddy crossed in the 25th minute to spear the minor premiers into the lead. Brett Delaney converted to give the favourites a 6-0 advantage.

But two Jarryd Hayne tries within the space of four minutes shortly before the break proved too much for the Roosters in the end.

Delaney fired two stunning sideline conversions to give Parramatta a commanding 18-point lead at the interval.

Needing to score first after the break to have any hope of winning, a Sam Perrett knock-on allowed the Eels to surge out to a 24-0 lead in the 45th minute courtesy of an Ashley Graham four-pointer.

Tries to Nigel Plum and Michael Lett within ten minutes of Graham’s try breathed new hope into the Roosters’ campaign, but poor options in attack cruelled any hope of back-to-back premierships.

A Marcus Perenara field goal and a further try to Eels hooker Drew Dalton sealed the Roosters’ fate.

For the Roosters, Souths-bound forward Stuart Webb was outstanding in his final outing in red, white and blue, while Plum, Manly-bound prop George Rose and underrated fullback Aidan Kirk shone brightly for the outplayed Sydneysiders.

A disconsolate Plum was at a loss to comprehend the Roosters’ performance, saying: “We’re all just shattered – we saved one of our worst efforts until last.

“It’s just hard to cop, mate – it will take a while to get over.”

PARRAMATTA EELS 31 (Jarryd Hayne 2, Ashley Graham, Joel Reddy, Drew Dalton tries; Brett Delaney 5/5 goals; Marcus Perenara field goal) defeated SYDNEY ROOSTERS 12 (Michael Lett, Nigel Plum tries; Jamie Soward 2/2 goals) at Telstra Stadium; Sunday, October 2nd, 2005; Referee: Ben Cummins

http://www.roosters.com.au/latestnews.php?ArticleID=1569

Roosters official site review of the Reggies Grand Final

Considering it's source seems to be not that biased.

fish eel

Immortal
given they won the comp today, the first since 1999, do we really need to bash ashley graham?

fish eel

Immortal
well bash him all you like, but he still has a premiership medal around his neck today and was a solid contributor to them all season....not outstanding but solid. so it seems a bit pointless to keep bashing him, but hey, whatever floats ya boat! :roll:

strider

Post Whore
fish eel said:
given they won the comp today, the first since 1999, do we really need to bash ashley graham?

it seems thats what parra supporters do best - put the boot into their own - win, lose or draw :roll:

Stagger eel

Staff member
I thought he played just as goosd as his opposing centre, Sam Perret who himself is supposed to be a player of the future.

2 True Blues

Coach
Although handlin errors let the roosters down, Parra was the better side on the day and thoroughly deserved the win.

Well played and well done. A talented side indeed, with a lot of players capable of makin it in first grade.

PB

Bench
That commentary was bollocks. Even Vossy, who i think iis an ok commentator, mentioned three Eels names in the first 5 minutes. Afa, Marcus andReddy, that was it. He hadnt even tried to look at the rest!

And what about the constant rabbiting on about "how many more players had first grade experience from the Roosters"! WTF! We had Reddy, Williams, Graham, Delaney, O'Dwyer, Henry P, Muckert, Afamasaga, Lewis, Tsoulos & Storer may have even played a few games of ones for Souths.

Wan#ers!

Hurriflatch

Referee
considering the commentary team was Fittler who is a Bondi Boy, Paul Harragon who is an idiot, Ben Ikin who only got anywhere by sleeping with Wayne Bennetts daughter it's not surprising that the commentary was pathetic.