What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rep games, round 9.

cleary89

Coach
Missed both games tonight, heard Deano, Morris and Nightingale had good games. How did Weyman and Creagh go?

Any injuries for us? Any injuries for Manly?

Morris scored both the Aussie's tries, and could have had another if he hung onto an Inglis flick pass. Weyman seemed to have a quiet game from what I saw. Nightingale had a good game and was involved a lot - scored a try too.

Dean Young had a brilliant game. Two tries and was involved in everything. Creagh was solid, but a bit quiet.

No obvious injuries, although Nightingale was shaking his hand out after scoring the try - hopefully he hasn't hurt the hand he broke last year...

Dazzling Darius

Juniors
Mick Weyman had a great game. Penetrating runs with some very nice offloads to set up 2nd phase play. Morris again showed why he is the best winger in the game. Nightingale was solid. To be honest, NZ didn't throw that much at them in attack for him to get involved.
Ben Creagh had a good first half but didn't see much of him in the 2nd. I think he was subbed early in the 2nd. Youngy had a blinder. Very enthusiastic as usual. Very instrumental in attack and well deserved his two tries. Also was everywhere in defence like he was on heat. Really enjoyed watching him play tonight.
No injuries that I have seen or heard for either team. Should be a cracker against the Beagles. Can't wait.

smacky

Juniors
Deano and Morris were both exceptional tonight. Weyman was quite solid had some good runs and offloads. Nightingale was busy involving himself and scored a nice try off a good pass. I was abit dissapointed in Creagh though. Was pretty quiet out wide and only saw him take a few runs.

Divine

Bench
Matai spent a lot of time on the ground and won't be feeling too flash come Sat. night. Haven't really thought about this game during the week much because of the rep games but it looks to be , as Dazzling D says, a potential cracker.
Deano played the best I've seen him all year, running elusively but still telegraphing his passing.

As an aside seems alot of fullbacks (past & present) were on display tonight

Slater
Hayne
Lockyer
Hohaia
Perret
Nightingale
Dugan
Coote
Minichello
Burt
Carney
& Robertson

Last edited:

redvscotty

First Grade
Matai spent a lot of time on the ground and won't be feeling too flash come Sat. night. Haven't really thought about this game during the week much because of the rep games but it looks to be , as Dazzling D says, a potential cracker

How is this different from any other weekend?

rushndude

Bench
Matai is the biggest cat in league, goes down clutching either his shoulder, wrist or leg every game then is fine 2 minutes later.
In the test tonight it looked like a sniper had shot him from up in the stands with the act he was putting on.

W.B.2.S.O.S

Juniors
Matai was placed on report so he might not play tonight.
Weyman played a great game. He is a forward after all, and he wasnt starting the game so he went unnoticed. But he made a few important tackles and a lot of solid runs.

BigNormProvan

Juniors
Matai is a grub/cat/sook, but his late hit on Slater was priceless. f**k did it shake up the little prick. If it had been any other player on the receiving end of the hit I recon Matai would have been rubbed out for a game, but it was Slater, so the NRL probably let it slide.

Big Norm

Latest posts