What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Replacement for Schif

shear_joy9

Coach
I was wondering seeing as Schif is as good as gone, we should look at viable replacements.

IMO Wade McKinnon or Brent Webb would have been ideal signings, but as they are already signed we must look elsewhere. Such as England.

So how about Wigans Brett Dallas?
He is only a couple of years older than Schif (31) and would bring a load of experience.

He is expected to leave Wigan this season for the NRL as Wigan must free up room for the likes of Gallen and Barrett.

Newcastle appear the only team linked to him.
Opinions??

Boing Boing

Juniors
Brett Dallas, Ex Bear. Great choice!!

In all seriousness, I can't remember much about him apart from the fact that he's fast as all f**k.

Boing Boing said:
Brett Dallas, Ex Bear. Great choice!!

In all seriousness, I can't remember much about him apart from the fact that he's fast as all f**k.

I doubt hed still have the kind of pace he had back in his day. Be interesting to see some ESL footage though

Walt Flanigan

Referee
Yeah Dallas would be kind of old by now. I reckon Zilly or the Bronx.

Would love to have McLinden back though.

woodgers

Bench
Yeah, lets buy another old hack and debut Zillman, our standout player in the offseason playing fullback, at the tender age of 30!

You will see more linebreaks from Zilly in 1 year than you have seen by any Raider since Mullins. I bet.

Brett Dallas.....I can't believe it.

paulquinn49

Bench
McLinden is crap Walt, he had years to cement a permanant spot...anywhere in the 17. He couldn't.

Just on a side note, I didnt wanna create another "If Shif leaves" type thread.

But with alot of our experienced players going, and possibly Shif, who do you think will be captain, and who would be our most capped player?

I'll guess and say Withers for both.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
Marty wasn't crap. He was a game breaking dynamo. He's ability to play in different positions was his talent. Craig Wing has never cemented a position with the roosters but gets selected for Australia.

Timbo

Staff member
David Seage is off contract still (I think) he was dynamite before he did his knee. And I guess Jimmy Evans is proof of what can happen to a player post-knee injury.

I'd throw Goodwin the #1 next season.

aussies1st

Staff member
Well from an article Zillman is the pick. I would go that way too, hes got real attacking talent which is what we need.

schnitzel

Juniors
Re-sign Goodwin and we have three players more than capable of covering fullback. Centre and backrow are more important. Jamie Feeney is looking for a club, he's been impressive this year when he gets a chance with Storm, cheap pick up too.

Parra Guru

Coach
I think Greenshields is the best value off-contract fullback, but unfortunately he has signed with Les Catalans.

If Chocka had have been a bit quicker with letting the Raiders know WTF he was doing, maybe they could have signed a decent fullback. Selfish effort all round from Schifcofske.

Satsok

Juniors
if you guys are seriously considering brett dallas, why not lure noa nandruku or of retirement.. ken nagas even.. LOL

imho, marshall chalk is one of the best backs you guys got atm, give him a chance to cement a first grade spot.. i reckon he'll do wonders for you guys..

mitch

Juniors
danny weidler just said on nine news that the raiders will try and get mogg to stay if schif leaves.

Bay56

First Grade
Parra Guru said:
I think Greenshields is the best value off-contract fullback, but unfortunately he has signed with Les Catalans.

If Chocka had have been a bit quicker with letting the Raiders know WTF he was doing, maybe they could have signed a decent fullback. Selfish effort all round from Schifcofske.

I think you'll have to try harder than that to convince all on this forum

edabomb

First Grade
Parra Guru said:

Hear hear.

Although I rate Brent Webb over Greenshields.

I'm hoping that Mogg stays, that would actually be a very good result. I'm not at all confident though.

Latest posts